Purdue Post Game Thread

KDB

1 minute ago, BobSaccamanno said:

There’s a Braden Smith thread from when he was in high school.  Might be an interesting read to see if the stupid and bad IU fans were right to want to offer him or two coaching staffs who didn’t.  

Is he the same Braden who went 3 for 20 last year in two losses? Let's not make him more than what he is. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

32 minutes ago, SawatchHoosier said:

Tonight Galloway, Leal and Gunn looked like the only people who came to play. 

Strange that they are all former Indiana High School players. It's almost like the only kids who really care about playing for Indiana are Indiana kids.

Ware was 5-7 from the floor and had 8 boards.

• Like 5

Seriously, what make believe world is Woody living in if he thinks we are still in the thick of anything? We are nowhere near the NCAA tournament bubble. We are probably on the wrong side of the NIT bubble. I am flabbergasted by his statements. Like he is disconnected from the reality of how poor our current position is.

• Like 4

You cant possibly say something like this without fundamentally not understanding what a NCAA season even is. IU is not even projected to be in the NIT. If Mike thinks we're "still in the thick of things" I'd love to know what that thing is because its certainly nothing anybody else cares about.

This team is a bunch of uncompetitive players led by a coach who retired well before this season started.

• Like 1

Just now, Seeking6 said:

Is he the same Braden who went 3 for 20 last year in two losses? Let's not make him more than what he is. 

Maybe so but I’d take him over XJ.  I want us to get back to identifying mentally tough, smart, and savvy guys with big motors.  The state produces those guys like it is an assembly line and we haven’t focused enough on capitalizing on it.  

Purdue’s best player may be international but their roster is stacked with in-state players.  

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, Bushmage said:

You cant possibly say something like this without fundamentally not understanding what a NCAA season even is. IU is not even projected to be in the NIT. If Mike thinks we're "still in the thick of things" I'd love to know what that thing is because its certainly nothing anybody else cares about.

This team is a bunch of uncompetitive players led by a coach who retired well before this season started.

Some of Woodson’s post game quotes are getting close to Kenny Payne level.

• Haha 2
  • Sad 2

4 minutes ago, bronkonagurski said:

Seriously, what make believe world is Woody living in if he thinks we are still in the thick of anything? We are nowhere near the NCAA tournament bubble. We are probably on the wrong side of the NIT bubble. I am flabbergasted by his statements. Like he is disconnected from the reality of how poor our current position is.

All season he’s given the impression that he doesn’t understand the importance of NET, analytics etc.  Presumably we have staff members focusing on it.  The staff has to know what needs to get done in terms of analytics so the computers look at your output favorably.  Michigan State isn’t much better than us but they have the metrics working for them and we don’t.  This can’t be lost on the program.  

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

Maybe so but I’d take him over XJ.  I want us to get back to identifying mentally tough, smart, and savvy guys with big motors.  The state produces those guys like it is an assembly line and we haven’t focused enough on capitalizing on it.  

Purdue’s best player may be international but their roster is stacked with in-state players.  

He would be the best college basketball player on our team. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1