Purdue Post Game Thread

KDB

8 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

All season he’s given the impression that he doesn’t understand the importance of NET, analytics etc.  Presumably we have staff members focusing on it.  The staff has to know what needs to get done in terms of analytics so the computers look at your output favorably.  Michigan State isn’t much better than us but they have the metrics working for them and we don’t.  This can’t be lost on the program.  

I would bet a substantial amount of money this is lost on the program. If it weren't, we wouldnt get the answers or direction we do from CMW.

10 minutes ago, ForHumanity said:

Explain to me why he called a TO when he never calls them during momentum shifts?

9 minutes ago, Hoosier987 said:

I have no idea 🤷‍♂️ 

It was discussed in the game thread.  The refs were checking the clock.  The announcers must have assumed and stated a timeout but both teams had 3 left at the half.  Woodson had called two earlier.  Still should have put the athletic 7 footer in.  

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, BGleas said:

For me it's not necessarily the losses. I thought this year would be a bit of a step back, though was hopeful we'd still make the tournament. 

It's the 8 losses by double digits. We're not even competitive in these losses. We're so far away. 

Us getting completely beat down is the new norm. Case in point: 

2DEADC30-F421-405C-9A79-88E714A16576.jpeg

• Like 1

I didn’t watch because I knew what would happen. The game itself changes nothing for me. Same stuff over and over. This season has been over for a while and I’ll be extremely surprised if they win 2 more games this year….don’t think we beat Nwestern at home, sadly. Not even mad anymore.  I have tickets to the Wisconsin game and I’m trying decide if it’s disrespectful towards the IU employee that got them for me to tell them I don’t want them anymore. 😬

I’ve thought all along that Woodson “deserves” one more year based on the last two years, but he’s losing me with the post-game quotes. I know he’s so much smarter than the rest of us but he really sounds about as ignorant as they come. I have zero faith he’ll do what is necessary this offseason recruiting or be willing to adjust the crappy style of basketball we play. Embarrassing. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Ware was 5-7 from the floor and had 8 boards.

The reason I didn't include Ware in my list of players who came to play tonight was because all of Ware's made shots came from assists via Leal, Galloway and Cupps. I guess my issue with Ware is that an NBA level center can't seem to get his own shots. In a rivalry game against one of the best teams in the country I would hope he could have moments in which he would take over the game. In his last game against Purdue he had 5 points. You would think he would have something to prove. Both TJD and Zeller had games against ranked opponents in which they took over. Tonight Ware was going up against the consensus best NCAA player in the country and my expectation is he could impose his will. 

To be fair I do think Ware is woefully underutilized by the coaching staff and the refs were horrible tonight. I just wonder if 8 boards and 11 points from a potential lottery pick, during a rivalry game is really coming play? Some of the blame is on him and some of it because of the coaching staff for sure.

Edited by SawatchHoosier

I had a wonderful steak dinner for my 50 birthday tonight out with my lady.  Ruth's Chris Steakhouse is hands down worth the money.  Didn't think about Indiana Basketball once and completely forgot we were playing until i was home and doing something else.  Decided to check the score and hit the forums.  So very happy i didn't even think about this team today.

• Like 6

53 minutes ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

I had a wonderful steak dinner for my 50 birthday tonight out with my lady.  Ruth's Chris Steakhouse is hands down worth the money.  Didn't think about Indiana Basketball once and completely forgot we were playing until i was home and doing something else.  Decided to check the score and hit the forums.  So very happy i didn't even think about this team today.

Happy birthday!  That’s a big one.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, HoosierFaithful said:

Ware can shoot from 3. Pick and pop with ware. If edey goes with Ware, open lane for a driver. If he doesn’t, ware for 3. 

i understand there are variations here and I’m simplying but… is it this hard?!

And if i recall, Ware's 3 late in the game was not because of a pnr. 

Edited by NotIThatLives

5 hours ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

Happy birthday! 

• Thanks 1