Northwestern Post Game Thread

KDB

6-18 from 3 and 12-21 from the FT line with I believe us missing 4 front ends of 1:1. Malik was existent and nonexistent. We are what we are at this point. As a team it's the responsibility of the players to execute. As a staff it's their responsibility to find the kids who can. 

Ride this one out. Hit that portal as hard as you can. Otherwise the players that showed up today after 8 days off....I can see 1 to maybe 2.5 starting next year depend on other factors of who their surrounded with. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I guess I am not smart enough to find this information. Wanted to see how many times we lost to Northwestern and Wisconsin in the 29 years that RMK coached here. I say Woodson in 3 years probably is close to the amount of losses in RMK 29 years

They said this was the first time NW won 3 straight in Bloomington since I believe 1960

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

50 minutes ago, iuthruandthru said:

Also I just don’t understand how a team can continue to miss free throws for so many seasons.  This goes back pre Woodson.  It’s really mind boggling.

If you are bad at shooting what makes you think you will somehow be good at shooting free throws. Good shooters are good shooters and we’ve had very very few through the last two coaches.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

6-18 from 3 and 12-21 from the FT line with I believe us missing 4 front ends of 1:1. Malik was existent and nonexistent. We are what we are at this point. As a team it's the responsibility of the players to execute. As a staff it's their responsibility to find the kids who can. 

Ride this one out. Hit that portal as hard as you can. Otherwise the players that showed up today after 8 days off....I can see 1 to maybe 2.5 starting next year depend on other factors of who their surrounded with. 

Unfortunately we have nothing to sell to guards in the portal.. JHS committed before CMW coached a game. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Getting quality out of the portal is going to be tough.  The system and the style we played this year would be a very difficult sell.  

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, 13th&Jackson said:

They said this was the first time NW won 3 straight in Bloomington since I believe 1960

46 minutes ago, Indykev said:

made me spit my soda.

I about threw up 🤮….makes me sick at my stomach just thinking about one kick to the nads….i had to stop it half way through….which coincidentally what i do with IU games.

• Haha 1

56 minutes ago, Inequality said:

Exactly. A team struggling to shoot the ball has to find a way to get out and run in transition by turning up the defense and rebounding. Points are more easily scored in transition.

Our issues run deeper than that.

Indeed…first off you have to defend to get out in transition….well unless you are the Pacers who have perfected running from made baskets. Maybe Woody can call his nba buddies…or Carlisle.

At least they made a fashion statement today!!! Most uninterested, uninspiring IU basketball team I’ve seen in my entire life. Woodson is responsible for 90% of this fiasco but outside 1 maybe 2 players, I wouldn’t care if a single one never put on an IU uniform again. Let them keep their Fear of God jersey as a parting gift. 

Edited by IndyResident16

I think it will s time for the fans who are done with Woodson to make their voices heard. Not just on message boards and social media but to the actual decision makers. Like my Political Science Professor said, if you don't vote then you have no right to complain about what is happening. So get out their and join me in emailing the administration and let your voice he heard. I haven't emailed Dolson since the PSU game and probably won't until the season ends.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Coach Robby said:

This isn’t an all time dig…but it’s time to move on completely from Bob Knight. History is all we have to cling to…

next hire needs to be all world, proven winner. Winner. That wins. That cures a lot

We’ve done it both ways and failed….Sampson, Crean, Archie all not Knight related…Woody was a Knight player but he wasn’t a disciple…meaning coached under him. But I agree…just fine the most proven winner that has the best track record in building and sustaining a program….no matter who it is. Coach Knight had no connection to IU before he got here so why should the next have to be.

• Like 4