Nebraska Post Game Thread

KDB

8 hours ago, Indykev said:

oldie but a goodie. Always on the bingo card.

I brought this up a lot during the Archie era when this excuse got used, I saw a video once, I wish I could find it, where RMK destroyed the we just didn’t hit shots excuse. He said something along the lines of if your team is missing shots, find a way to get them better shots. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

What I don't want to hear from CMW - "Well, we've gotta keep working. We'll, I've gotta help them get over the hump. Well if X was playing...Well...Well..." That ship has sailed.

The team has quit. Even if you can't score a point, your defense should show up, especially at home. It's getting progressively worse. Why? Because defense and rebounding are about working, fighting, and desire. They've quit.

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, Euroclydon said:

What I don't want to hear from CMW - "Well, we've gotta keep working. We'll, I've gotta help them get over the hump. Well if X was playing...Well...Well..." That ship has sailed.

The team has quit. Even if you can't score a point, your defense should show up, especially at home. It's getting progressively worse. Why? Because defense and rebounding are about working, fighting, and desire. They've quit.

It certainly seems this way. Season can’t end soon enough for both players and fans. Sad state of affairs.

Edited by Hoosier987
  • Like 1

Watched the Illini game as a warm up. Shannon was just running down the court and blowing through the defense for layups. One of the early possessions Cupps got the ball and ran down the court only to peel off to set up the half court? What a difference!!!

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, bronkonagurski said:

Well guys, I tried. Sitting on the loveseat instead of the couch seemed to make things worst. Maybe I'll sit on the floor for the next game.

try sitting at a bar, surprisingly, the longer you're there and the more you drink the better things look.

Girls get prettier, life seems easier and basketball doesn't seem to matter much.

Edited by IowaHoosierFan
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Parakeet Jones said:

I brought this up a lot during the Archie era when this excuse got used, I saw a video once, I wish I could find it, where RMK destroyed the we just didn’t hit shots excuse. He said something along the lines of if your team is missing shots, find a way to get them better shots. 

Yeah, it is the system.  Posted the video from Mike's Knicks days in his retirement thread.  The reason we struggle is because of the decisions he has made.  I don't think our guards are as bad as they look.  I think they would look fine if they were placed in a system that matched their play or they were not being forced to play outside their positions.

I would love to see what this team would look like under a different coaching staff.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, IUCrazy2 said:

Yeah, it is the system.  Posted the video from Mike's Knicks days in his retirement thread.  The reason we struggle is because of the decisions he has made.  I don't think our guards are as bad as they look.  I think they would look fine if they were placed in a system that matched their play or they were not being forced to play outside their positions.

I would love to see what this team would look like under a different coaching staff.

You might get your wish sooner than you think. After last night, I can imagine there are some serious conversations going on today (and I don’t mean the fans) about replacing CMW. 

Hey y’all..

Ricky checkin’ in..

As I assume all of you have noticed, being that my aura is unmatched; I have taken an extensive leave of absence. 

For those of you who don’t know, I am the team masseuse for IUMBB..

I have rubbed the thighs of legends.

Some of you may be under the impression that my work has been too busy, but truthfully..

This team just sucks armadillo nuts.

Woody and I have stopped going for brunch, and it’s made our work relationship very strange.. he hasn’t requested a shiatsu in many moons.

For those of you who don’t know my lore; CJ Gunn is also my grandson.

From what I’ve heard, he’s received immense interest from The University of Northern Delaware A&M - Taxidermy & Circus, and from what I heard from his father, the interest is mutual.

You know Ricky hates to be the bearer of bad news, but from what I’ve heard around the facility; Liam McNeely is considering taking his talents elsewhere.

“Bring back Archie,” says the Barrel..

- Barrel Rick, 2024

sponsored by Hormel Chili, Braylon Mullins, Fazoli’s of Columbus, and Sony Records

11 hours ago, Artesian_86 said:

Something has to change at the top….Dolson holds the “keys”. We are continuing to lose games, fans and recruits. This feels much worse than Crean or Miller.

I agree.  Just consider the coaching staff body language and blank stares under Woody vs. Crean and Miller.  

43 minutes ago, Hoosier4Life53 said:

What concerns me the most was the apparent lack of effort once we fell behind. Even on the early Crean teams, and during the Archie era, I don’t remember our guys giving up. Our defense looked like a NBA All Star game.

Nothing could look as bad as that last NBA All Star game and still call itself basketball!

51 minutes ago, Drroogh said:

Nothing could look as bad as that last NBA All Star game and still call itself basketball!

It was close last night.

The announcers kept saying how easy it was for Nebraska to score, and hard it was for us. That’s because our defense was nonexistent.

Edited by Hoosier4Life53
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Billingsley99 said:

For me its all the things that many of us say are little things and yet they continue to kill this team. I don't watch a lot of any of the games but what i do I cannot remember seeing anyone diving on the floor for a loose ball. No solid box outs, we don't even make contact on free throw box outs. If the other team shot worse Ft percentage they would kill us even more on the offensive glass. The fact they no one on this team cant shoot (and make)  is just amazing. For me this is so far worse than the CAM era, worse than the beginning of Crean Era for me this is the all time low in my Iu basketball fandom and I see not a glimmer of hope in the upcoming year. Woody is lost and his band of yes men are useless. Without whole sale changes in staff and players which we will have for sure there is zero hope that next year is any better. Terrible time to be a Hoosier fan. My kids wanted to buy me tix for my birthday for last nights game and I said no. They first time I ever have turned down IU tix. I told them to save there money becasue this team and this University at this time does not deserve their money. APATHY is in full effect . my request is for an IU womens win tonight on my birthday.

Happy birthday sir

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Billingsley99 said:

For me its all the things that many of us say are little things and yet they continue to kill this team. I don't watch a lot of any of the games but what i do I cannot remember seeing anyone diving on the floor for a loose ball. No solid box outs, we don't even make contact on free throw box outs. If the other team shot worse Ft percentage they would kill us even more on the offensive glass. The fact they no one on this team cant shoot (and make)  is just amazing. For me this is so far worse than the CAM era, worse than the beginning of Crean Era for me this is the all time low in my Iu basketball fandom and I see not a glimmer of hope in the upcoming year. Woody is lost and his band of yes men are useless. Without whole sale changes in staff and players which we will have for sure there is zero hope that next year is any better. Terrible time to be a Hoosier fan. My kids wanted to buy me tix for my birthday for last nights game and I said no. They first time I ever have turned down IU tix. I told them to save there money becasue this team and this University at this time does not deserve their money. APATHY is in full effect . my request is for an IU womens win tonight on my birthday.

Sorry to hear that but very relatable. 

My girlfriend wanted to surprise me for my birthday by getting me tickets to the last home game. The last game I went to at AH was in 2016 (vs Maryland when we won the B10 regular season) my senior year. I’ve been dying to return (I live on the east coast). She knows how passionate of a fan I am and I’ve told her on numerous occasions how special the Hoosier hysteria is when this team is good.

Following the Purdue blowout at home, she felt the need to ruin the surprise because of how upset I was. Glad she ruined it because I told her I didn’t want to spend my birthday weekend having her pay for tickets, flights, hotels etc when this team stinks and Bloomington would be depressing following an inevitable loss. 

I think that says a lot when someone like myself who hasn’t been back to AH since 2016 didn’t jump at the opportunity when someone is covering all the expenses. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1