Maryland Post Game Thread

KDB

2 minutes ago, Maedhros said:

I had fun! 

Really hope we get to see a year two from Mgbako at Indiana. Should be exciting stuff.

if they play in the right positions, Taco, Liam, and Reneau are a nice start to a team.  if they are 3,4,5.  i mean we can dream.  would also need two really solid portal guards.

• Like 5

how is that not a f1 on Reece. Elbow to head and neck area is auto f1

X and gunn have had much less called against them. Total BS

Great effort 

X playing under control makes this team much better. Say what you want but he does make a difference when he plays under control

• Like 9

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

The second half was being far the best we have played all year. We actually looked like a competitive team and we scored at all levels.

You're 100% correct. We managed to score 83 points (1.17 point per possessions) against the 5th best Kenpom ranked defense. Not too shabby. Wish we could have done this earlier in the year. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Hoosierdave said:

*Coaching Woodson walks into press conference. He sits down. He pulls out a jumbo lump crab cake. He smushes it into tiny pieces between his hands and tosses it up in the air like Lebron James. 

“I’m Mike Woodson, b*tch”

Woodson then proceeds to smear Tartar sauce all of Willard's bald head. 

Edited by SawatchHoosier
  • Haha 4

6 minutes ago, 94hoosier said:

how is that not a f1 on Reece. Elbow to head and neck area is auto f1

X and gunn have had much less called against them. Total BS

Great effort 

X playing under control makes this team much better. Say what you want but he does make a difference when he plays under control

without a doubt, but how many times has he done that this season?  let's not forget he has played in 15 games this season.

Did not get to watch. Hope I can go back and see it, but just saw the statistics. Just to drive home the points we have been making all season long, we shoot 7-16 from three and 82% from the free-throw line. If we shoot our normal percentage this year of both, we lose. We hit our free throws the last two games. Something changed for the better.  Since it was a win I'll say great job guys. Happy for everyone.

• Like 1

Just listened to Woody's presser after the game. Body language was horrible. He looked like we lost by 15.

Kept saying how X is the difference in this team, and if we'd had X all season we'd be a better team. Well....news flash....you're not going to have X next year, so should we expect more slo-mo offense? And all the other issues we've suffered thru all year?

• Like 5

I take credit for the last 2 wins. As it turns out, I was a jinx. My apathy, poor attitude, and disappointment in the current product was inadvertently causing college kids 100 miles away to fold under pressure. Also, my failure to support the coaching staff without question was totally apparent, also causing them to make uncharacteristic decisions. I guess I will keep my displeasure to myself, or at least until the current win streak is snapped. ;)

Never a bad thing to play your best ball in March. 2024 BTT champs, anyone? 

• Haha 5

45 minutes ago, Danomatic said:

Nice win! Really happy with the energy level today. 

If we could just bottle that up for two halves we could beat the top half of the B1G. Very good win…but let’s have some consistency next year hopefully.  Back to back wins for the first time since December that’s just not good.

We really need to find a special point guard in the portal next year…one that can knife up a defense like sashimi. It’s all I want a IU…a few 3pt shooters…a rim protector, and a point guard that can break down his man. Let’s get to work after the season…its all I want for my birthday.

• Like 3