Maryland Post Game Thread

KDB

1 hour ago, dgambill said:

Who is going to rebound? Definitely need a dynamic guard in the backcourt for sure. One that can stop the ball alongside Trey and one that can get into the paint to hit Mgbako and Liam on the wings. I just pray we don’t go back to this two bigs next year…we start Sparks and Reneau I’ll be very sad.

Well Auburn has a top 25 point guard committed and top 75 small forward committed as well! Also Pearl is favorite to land the number 1 player in 2025 who is an absolute monster!!!!!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, NCHoosier32 said:

answered my own question.  he's actually played in 16 and we are 10-6.  

What about in power 5 competition? That would be more relevant….those early season cupcakes probably aren’t relevant in measuring his impact. Don’t get me wrong…good X can be a difference maker…but we haven’t seen much of that kid this year.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Dawg Bawls said:

Im going to come up with a recording device that records the game from beginning to end not the time slot...i mean do you have to be Darby O'Gill just to get a full game to record...?

YouTube TV does this I'm pretty sure. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, IUfaninIllinois said:

Well Auburn has a top 25 point guard committed and top 75 small forward committed as well! Also Pearl is favorite to land the number 1 player in 2025 who is an absolute monster!!!!!

Pearl is not going to be our coach.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, KoB2011 said:

YouTube TV does this I'm pretty sure. 

I do love YouTube tv. My only issue is abc on YouTube tv doesn’t work right and keeps freezing…but only on tv…when I watch it on my phone it works fine….but I like all the options with YouTube tv…especially the 4 in the box sports cast. It was game changer with nfl network.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Dawg Bawls said:

Im going to come up with a recording device that records the game from beginning to end not the time slot...i mean do you have to be Darby O'Gill just to get a full game to record...?

I just add 30 minute or 60 minute extension to any sports recording in case of a late start or overtime 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, IUfaninIllinois said:

Ever lived in Bama? 
im btown born. Bama, specially south Bama, is my new nervana. 3 weeks of “cold” weather a year…. Super chill people year round! 

1 hour ago, IUFLA said:

Yeah...

How many times do I have to read "we're gonna lose out" or "we're gonna get beat by double digits" before I'm convinced you're the former in your first sentence?

No, we're not "great." No one said we are. But we're not "terrible" either...

Let me ask you this since you're so hung up on Xavier Johnson...Do you think we win the game with Cupps getting XJ's minutes today?

I’ve never thought we were bad…played some bad ball but too much talent to be bad….but also can’t shoot well enough and play smart enough to be good either. We are mediocre like our record…and that’s frustrating. We should be better than mediocre that’s for sure.

• Like 1

I couldn’t watch today’s game, but am really happy for the players.  MM is a good shooter and hopefully will be helping IU win many more games going forward.  Clearly, X had a good day and contributed as a true senior does.  Very cool to have 4 guys hit 3 pt shots. Fifteen RBs by Ware is impressive.  Overall, a big Congrats to Hoosiers for a good road win.   

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, dgambill said:

I’ve never thought we were bad…played some bad ball but too much talent to be bad….but also can’t shoot well enough and play smart enough to be good either. We are mediocre like our record…and that’s frustrating. We should be better than mediocre that’s for sure.

But to some, the entirety of Mike Woodson's tenure has been "mediocre" and that's just not the truth...

And I think that your opinion that Bruce Pearl will never coach IU is a valid one... 

7 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

But to some, the entirety of Mike Woodson's tenure has been "mediocre" and that's just not the truth...

And I think that your opinion that Bruce Pearl will never coach IU is a valid one... 

definitely not the whole time. We had some really good stretches last year. Year 1 and 3 have been a little to much of a roller coaster for my liking…year 1 it was a learning curve type thing but we were competitive…this year for the most part we haven’t been competitive in our losses….some really really bad ones. Not having a signature win is tough too. That said I hope we end strong and spring board into next year…Woody will be our coach…he is going to have a lot of pressure…expectations for a better season will be high.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, dgambill said:

definitely not the whole time. We had some really good stretches last year. Year 1 and 3 have been a little to much of a roller coaster for my liking…year 1 it was a learning curve type thing but we were competitive…this year for the most part we haven’t been competitive in our losses….some really really bad ones. Not having a signature win is tough too. That said I hope we end strong and spring board into next year…Woody will be our coach…he is going to have a lot of pressure…expectations for a better season will be high.

The bad losses, and we have had more than a few, I attribute to our youth...

Our starting 5 against Wisconsin had aggregate 178 starts... Or less than Wahl and Hepburn... Or Edey and Jones... Or Sissoko and Hoggard...

I know the Woody bashers deny it, but it's the truth... Starting 2 sophomores and 2 freshmen is a tough road to hoe...

I believe Woody will be back as well, and for all of the caterwauling about transfers, I think we'll have a solid nucleus back...Add a couple of transfers and get a no crap shooter like McNeely and let's see how it goes... 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

The bad losses, and we have had more than a few, I attribute to our youth...

Our starting 5 against Wisconsin had aggregate 178 starts... Or less than Wahl and Hepburn... Or Edey and Jones... Or Sissoko and Hoggard...

I know the Woody bashers deny it, but it's the truth... Starting 2 sophomores and 2 freshmen is a tough road to hoe...

I believe Woody will be back as well, and for all of the caterwauling about transfers, I think we'll have a solid nucleus back...Add a couple of transfers and get a no crap shooter like McNeely and let's see how it goes... 

Well X didn’t start but he is a 6th year senior and Galloway hasn’t started a ton before this year but he has plenty of experience. Same for Reneau as he played a lot as a freshman but just didn’t start. We aren’t young. Leal is a senior, Walker too…lots of upperclassman with plenty of college basketball under our belt. We lack leadership. X hasn’t been that and we were counting on him this year. We just hitched our wagon to the wrong horse.

Young…not really….lacking leadership…oh no doubt.

Edited by dgambill
  • Like 6

47 minutes ago, Joe_Hoopsier said:

Ever lived in Bama? 
im btown born. Bama, specially south Bama, is my new nervana. 3 weeks of “cold” weather a year…. Super chill people year round! 

Haha nice! Well hopefully if it is Pearl then he can convince him that basketball is played indoors so weather don’t matter LOL

• Haha 1