Maryland Post Game Thread

KDB

1 hour ago, NCHoosier32 said:

if they play in the right positions, Taco, Liam, and Reneau are a nice start to a team.  if they are 3,4,5.  i mean we can dream.  would also need two really solid portal guards.

Who is going to rebound? Definitely need a dynamic guard in the backcourt for sure. One that can stop the ball alongside Trey and one that can get into the paint to hit Mgbako and Liam on the wings. I just pray we don’t go back to this two bigs next year…we start Sparks and Reneau I’ll be very sad.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, IUFLA said:

Hey, look... It's fair weather outside! 

32165788.gif.2ec3631edcc1b41285b5c765b3e764cc.gif

You think we’re good all of a sudden? 😂😂😂 God bless your heart. Maybe some are just trying to be optimistic and not negative after a win. You realize the game thread was four pages long and this one isn’t pass two pages more than two hours after the game? 😂😂😂 Your head is stuck in the “blue skies” for sure. But carry on trying to instigate. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Wasn't able to watch the game.  Was in the office finishing up a project coming up on its deadline.  Appears I missed a good 20 minutes of ball from the Hoosiers.  Will be interesting to see if we accept the NIT bid if we win a couple of more.   

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, DWB said:

Just listened to Woody's presser after the game. Body language was horrible. He looked like we lost by 15.

Kept saying how X is the difference in this team, and if we'd had X all season we'd be a better team. Well....news flash....you're not going to have X next year, so should we expect more slo-mo offense? And all the other issues we've suffered thru all year?

i struggle with the fact that  has played in 15 games.  what is our record in those games?

9 minutes ago, kyhoosier29 said:

You think we’re good all of a sudden? 😂😂😂 God bless your heart. Maybe some are just trying to be optimistic and not negative after a win. You realize the game thread was four pages long and this one isn’t pass two pages more than two hours after the game? 😂😂😂 Your head is stuck in the “blue skies” for sure. But carry on trying to instigate. 

it never ceases to amaze me that some people think we're terrible after one loss and great after one win.  it's the whole body of work.  it's who we play and where.  i'm glad we won, but it doesn't suddenly make me think all is good.  

• Like 6

Really happy for the players and coaches. They’ve caught a lot of heat the past couple weeks (some deserved, some undeserved) and have responded. Props to them because I don’t know if I would have the mental fortitude to carry on when it’s been so toxic recently. It’s easy to just give up and they haven’t.

Just nice to see players smiling and fans taking a deep breathe and relaxing for a bit. 
Gonna enjoy the moment while it lasts lol. 

It’s always feels nice to beat Maryland too. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Hoosierdave said:

Really happy for the players and coaches. They’ve caught a lot of heat the past couple weeks (some deserved, some undeserved) and have responded. Props to them because I don’t know if I would have the mental fortitude to carry on when it’s been so toxic recently. It’s easy to just give up and they haven’t.

Just nice to see players smiling and fans taking a deep breathe and relaxing for a bit. 

"It’s always feels nice to beat Maryland too." It's also always nice to beat them two...  times in the same season! LOL. Maybe in the BBT we can make it three!! I really don't like Maryland. 

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Officer Obie said:

"It’s always feels nice to beat Maryland too." It's also always nice to beat them two...  times in the same season! LOL. Maybe in the BBT we can make it three!! I really don't like Maryland. 

Yea for me I’m throughly enjoying 

1) DHS was hyped to be BTFOTY and has struggled while Mac has been playing well and could win the weekly award for the 3rd week in a row

2) Jamie Kaiser allegedly threw shade towards our coaches post commitment because our staff told him on his visit he would likely come off the bench. Ends up at Maryland just to do exactly that for a worse team. 

3) Their fans said our coaches paid Joe Tipton for the IG live thing with Liam (which never ended up happening anyway) and claimed we were telling Queen Willard was going to take the Louisville job (not even being considered). They’ve also proceeded to regularly ask for Willard’s resignation. 

4) SVP quote tweeted some IU fan like last week saying something like “how’s your team doing?”. That dude should quote tweet him back and say “better than yours for starters.”

5) Geronimo doesn’t look any better or have a bigger role after transferring 

Edited by Hoosierdave
  • Like 3

20 minutes ago, NCHoosier32 said:

it never ceases to amaze me that some people think we're terrible after one loss and great after one win.  it's the whole body of work.  it's who we play and where.  i'm glad we won, but it doesn't suddenly make me think all is good.  

Yeah...

How many times do I have to read "we're gonna lose out" or "we're gonna get beat by double digits" before I'm convinced you're the former in your first sentence?

No, we're not "great." No one said we are. But we're not "terrible" either...

Let me ask you this since you're so hung up on Xavier Johnson...Do you think we win the game with Cupps getting XJ's minutes today?

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Yeah...

How many times do I have to read "we're gonna lose out" or "we're gonna get beat by double digits" before I'm convinced you're the former in your first sentence?

Let me ask you this since you're so hung up on Xavier Johnson...Do you think we win the game with Cupps getting XJ's minutes today?

IU basketball has such low expectations.  We are no longer a blue blood.  

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, Hoosierdave said:

If nothing else, this season allows for an elder gentleman teach these kids about resilience. Never get too high, never get too low. Always keep fighting! Always! No matter what the IU fan base says about you. 

• Like 3

Missed the last four minutes because I had a tee time with my daughter, but great second half!

Maybe this team can enter the BTT on a 4 game win streak and raise some hell for the top seeds. Would love to see all these guys finish out the Year strong. 

• Like 5

43 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Yeah...

I mean, I guess we can argue about what is terrible, but we are still going to likely finish below .500 in a bad Big Ten and finish in all the metrics as one of the worst teams at IU in 50+ seasons.

So terrible for IU at a minimum. 

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, NCHoosier32 said:

you don't think "not terrible" is a good standard?

Again, no one said it was... Was 1985 the "standard" during Coach Knight's tenure?

And I see you dodged my question... Probably better off...