Maryland Post Game Thread

KDB

5 hours ago, btownqb said:

But I'm telling you right now--- the optics are that the staff was lazy and decided to sit on their hands. Again, the optics.

2 hours ago, tdhoosier said:

I also remember @BGleas saying that in this day and age of the transfer portal, you simply can’t not leave a roster spot open. There were many more forewarning this sentiment. 

The open scholarship is not optics for me.. I can see  justification for all the portal moves we made. I don't agree with adding both Sparks and Walker but I can see some justification (benefit of the doubt). But, that open scholarship is altogether different for me. If someone want's to try and justify it, I'll listen but I can find no reason whatsoever that there should not be a body (specifically a guard of some sort) filling it. Someone give me a scenario where we are better off having an open spot. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, bronkonagurski said:

Saying we have a young team is one thing and I don't necessarily disagree with that statement but it doesn't excuse being a barely Top 100 team this season. I expect more improvement over the course of the season. Which, maybe we are finally seeing that now but barring a miracle BTT run it is far too late.

that's the thing.  all programs have bad years, but it's far too accepted at IU these days.  also how bad the bad years are.  there are a lot of programs with their bad years looking pretty darn good to me right now.  

34 minutes ago, NCHoosier32 said:

that's the thing.  all programs have bad years, but it's far too accepted at IU these days.  also how bad the bad years are.  there are a lot of programs with their bad years looking pretty darn good to me right now.  

I long for the days of making the NCAAT is the norm and a down year is lower half of the top 25. We've sank so low as a program that just making the tournament is a good year.

• Like 6
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Inequality said:

I long for the days of making the NCAAT is the norm and a down year is lower half of the top 25. We've sank so low as a program that just making the tournament is a good year.

We aren't done yet.

It's always darkest before the dawn.

You can't enjoy the summit if you don't experience the valleys

The Bicycle only peddles in one direction. 

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Joe_Hoopsier said:

We aren't done yet.

It's always darkest before the dawn.

You can't enjoy the summit if you don't experience the valleys

The Bicycle only peddles in one direction. 

Are we living in Alaska, out dark days seem to be longer than i remember lol.  Hopefully out sunny days are long and warm to follow this streak of darkness

• Like 1
  • Haha 1