2024 Transfer Portal

Something to consider since we're talking about Illinois - Coleman Hawkins entered transfer portal in case he decides not to pursue NBA this year - Perhaps IU should determine his level of interest in coming to IU which could be a big missing piece to get Hoosiers to 2025 FINAL FOUR - He would likely get over 30 minutes per game playing time considering rotations with Ballo and Reneau - Perhaps Luke Goode could put in a good word and highlight major benefits of coming to IU for an NCAA CHAMPIONSHIP - GO HOOSIERS!

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, HOOSIER CHAMPS said:

Something to consider since we're talking about Illinois - Coleman Hawkins entered transfer portal in case he decides not to pursue NBA this year - Perhaps IU should determine his level of interest in coming to IU which could be a big missing piece to get Hoosiers to 2025 FINAL FOUR - He would likely get over 30 minutes per game playing time considering rotations with Ballo and Reneau - Perhaps Luke Goode could put in a good word and highlight major benefits of coming to IU for an NCAA CHAMPIONSHIP - GO HOOSIERS!

UNC or Arkansas

8 hours ago, HOOSIER CHAMPS said:

You can determine his interest for yourself:

I know he's not popular around here but it's actually a pretty good interview and some insights into a college players thoughts.

IU appears to be in a waiting game for another big to join. Looked like the Hatton kid was close but haven't heard anything in a couple weeks since. 

This is likely how it will be moving forward if NIL remains as is. Finding yourself as a coaching staff trying to fill those last two spots with kids who really aren't B1G talents who only have a year of eligibility but want playing time and money.

Trevon Brazile from Arkansas has some interesting stats according to ESPN including a 19 point game against Duke when he hit 4 of 7 from 3 and came away with 11 rebounds.  Wisconsin, Michigan, Ohio State and USC are possible landing spots according to a couple of sports sites.  He's been invited to the 2024 NBA Draft Combine.  Anyone know if IU has interest in him?  His past knee problems may have some teams questioning his durability.

Jaylen Wells could be an interesting addition for IU if he decides to return to college instead of staying in the draft.  At 6'8" he could provide some 3 pt shooting, rebounding, and defense.  Perhaps Myles Rice (new transfer to IU and Well's teammate at WSU) could put in a good word for him to consider IU.

10 hours ago, HOOSIER CHAMPS said:

Trevon Brazile from Arkansas has some interesting stats according to ESPN including a 19 point game against Duke when he hit 4 of 7 from 3 and came away with 11 rebounds.  Wisconsin, Michigan, Ohio State and USC are possible landing spots according to a couple of sports sites.  He's been invited to the 2024 NBA Draft Combine.  Anyone know if IU has interest in him?  His past knee problems may have some teams questioning his durability.

9 hours ago, HOOSIER CHAMPS said:

Jaylen Wells could be an interesting addition for IU if he decides to return to college instead of staying in the draft.  At 6'8" he could provide some 3 pt shooting, rebounding, and defense.  Perhaps Myles Rice (new transfer to IU and Well's teammate at WSU) could put in a good word for him to consider IU.

I dont see anyone returning to college from the draft process as a viable option for IU.

At this point we are just looking for a tall warm body for 5-10 minutes down low. 

1 minute ago, ledies22 said:

I dont see anyone returning to college from the draft process as a viable option for IU.

At this point we are just looking for a tall warm body for 5-10 minutes down low. 

This is very true, what worries me though is having only a warm body the season can tank with just one season ending injury!?🤷‍♂️

1 hour ago, Drroogh said:

This is very true, what worries me though is having only a warm body the season can tank with just one season ending injury!?🤷‍♂️

Yes, but I think that's the case with most teams. this is going to be an issue with the free market free agency. Noone is looking to transfer for 5-10 minutes of playing time if you have any semblance of talent. That's where the local 4 year high school players come into effect... depth.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Drroogh said:

This team should be deep enough that an injury to anyone while would certainly hurt…we should still be a tournament team easily. This team can play small and actually might be the best for us. We have multiple ball handlers, wings, and with an addition to the front court should be able to weather just about anything and still be a good team….maybe not a B1G favorite but still dangerous.

28 minutes ago, dgambill said:

This team should be deep enough that an injury to anyone while would certainly hurt…we should still be a tournament team easily. This team can play small and actually might be the best for us. We have multiple ball handlers, wings, and with an addition to the front court should be able to weather just about anything and still be a good team….maybe not a B1G favorite but still dangerous.

I love our depth everywhere but the 5.  Malik can slide over but then you may have some interior defense and rebounding issues.  I’m positive we will get another big, and I don’t buy that you have to pitch it as 5-10 mins.  I’d say more like 12-15 mins and you can earn more.   It’s probably going to be the Bellarmine big.  He might not solve interior defense but he looks like he plays all out and gives us another big body.   Once that’s solved, next man up should be fine.   

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, kyhoosier29 said:

Wasn’t sure where to put this, but thought it was hilarious to see in NKY. 

IMG_6094.jpeg

Isn’t Montana St. one of our favorites, or am I misremembering?

Guess I should have read your question below the picture before I sat there for two minutes trying to figure out the significance of that license plate number.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, kyhoosier29 said:

Wasn’t sure where to put this, but thought it was hilarious to see in NKY. 

IMG_6094.jpeg

Isn’t Montana St. one of our favorites, or am I misremembering?

10 minutes ago, Drroogh said:

I don’t know? Ask @5fouls

I believe its his alma mater. I think he met one of his wives there as well.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FKIM01 said:

Guess I should have read your question below the picture before I sat there for two minutes trying to figure out the significance of that license plate number.

8-U-R-Y-5-6-2 is one of the most well-known, absolutely classic, alphanumeric combinations in the state of Montana.

• Haha 2