2024/2025 portal/late decommits IU is interested in

3 hours ago, Fkfootball said:

Woodson is whiffing in the portal. Imagine that?

You know very few of the thousands of college players have yet to declare their intent for the portal, right? But that is OK. Just go ahead and spread mud around. Just remember to wipe of your shoes after you step in it. Might turn out to not actually be mud.

3 hours ago, Drroogh said:

I’m coming around to the idea of Malik being the main presence in the paint. 

From what I saw this year, he doesn’t yet have what it takes to guard/out rebound the 5 nor be trusted to stay on the court when overmatched. He has a ton of work to do in the offseason otherwise he’ll get killed every time we face a top tier center. Mbacko needs to make tremendous strides in this category himself. 

• Like 1

Just now, Hoosier82 said:

From what I saw this year, he doesn’t yet have what it takes to guard/out rebound the 5 nor be trusted to stay on the court when overmatched. He has a ton of work to do in the offseason otherwise he’ll get killed every time we face a top tier center. Mbacko needs to make tremendous strides in this category himself. 

Yeah, it’s a tricky proposition for us! We want to play 4 out, 1 in but Malik doesn’t fit this style. Don’t mean to dog on Malik, but we can’t play the way we want to with him on the floor. We need an athletic rim protector that can also shoot it decent and rebound AND a couple lights out shooters on the floor with Malik in the rotation. JMO. 

• Like 2

Still think Omoruyi from Rutgers would be a perfect fit. He can protect the rim and rebound at a high level without needing to score, and might be willing to come off the bench. Of course, for that to work, we’d need two high scoring guards to go along with MM, BT and MR.

13 minutes ago, kyhoosier29 said:

Yeah, it’s a tricky proposition for us! We want to play 4 out, 1 in but Malik doesn’t fit this style. Don’t mean to dog on Malik, but we can’t play the way we want to with him on the floor. We need an athletic rim protector that can also shoot it decent and rebound AND a couple lights out shooters on the floor with Malik in the rotation. JMO. 

who is 'we'? lol. The fans or Woody? 

6 hours ago, Boiler Sam said:

Insane they are hosting recruits while preparing for a final four game. 

If I were their staff I'd welcome with open arms as many kids as possible before I hopped on the bird West. They will more than likely never be in this position again under his watch.

23 minutes ago, tdhoosier said:

who is 'we'? lol. The fans or Woody? 

I’m obviously not in the know, so I’m speaking of the fans, what most of us have talked about wanting. But to what I think your point is, Woody may not even have that plan, and he knows better than us right? I probably shouldn’t say “we” anyway bc I’m not a true fan since I won’t eat turds or give up testicles. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, kyhoosier29 said:

I’m obviously not in the know, so I’m speaking of the fans, what most of us have talked about wanting. But to what I think your point is, Woody may not even have that plan, and he knows better than us right? I probably shouldn’t say “we” anyway bc I’m not a true fan since I won’t eat turds or give up testicles. 

All said, I can’t imagine Bryson Tucker came here to sit. Mgbako definitely isn’t going to sit AND his natural position is the 4. So, are they the 3 and 4? And is that why the Louisville dude canceled his visit? I would hope the writing is on the wall, but Woody seemingly likes to shove square pegs into round holes. 

maybe, just maybe, ‘we’ are on the same page.

Edited by tdhoosier
  • Like 1

59 minutes ago, tdhoosier said:

All said, I can’t imagine Bryson Tucker came here to sit. Mgbako definitely isn’t going to sit AND his natural position is the 4. So, are they the 3 and 4? And is that why the Louisville dude canceled his visit? I would hope the writing is on the wall, but Woody seemingly likes to shove square pegs into round holes. 

maybe, just maybe, ‘we’ are on the same page.

If you watch this then you will know he isn't coming here to come off the bench

• Thanks 2

14 minutes ago, Parakeet Jones said:

I ask this in all sincerity, was there ever anything other than message board speculation on him?  Did any of our posters who hear things even mention this?  I really can’t remember. 

I’m the one who shared it. I was told he was going to enter after the NIT. Apparently Diebler was able to hang onto him. They will be good next year. 

Just now, RoadToZion said:

I’m the one who shared it. I was told he was going to enter after the NIT. Apparently Diebler was able to hang onto him. They will be good next year. 

Thank you. I meant no disrespect. I’ve always appreciated your info. I consider you one of the guys who hears things. 

1 minute ago, RoadToZion said:

A football school that is exceeding us in basketball.

18 minutes ago, ledies22 said:

I appreciate the apology. While you’re at it you should start bitching that IU is already winless next season. 

10 minutes ago, Indykev said:

yes keep saying more dumb shit. going to see myself out before i get banned.

If you two are gonna go some rounds, can I respectfully ask one of you to change your avatar? They are so similar that a glance on my phone had me thinking one of you was arguing with yourself.

• Haha 4