March Madness 2024

15 hours ago, Hoosierfan1901 said:

It’s going to happen and I have accepted it

You’re not wrong that it is a likely scenario.  And they could win it all.  I don’t think Houston or UConn are as good.  

Having said that, while IU fans may be terrified, Duke has survived when UNC wins it all and vice-versa.   OSU football has gone into urgency mode with UM winning it all and on a roll with recruiting. 

If Purdue wins it all, the golf clap can mentality will end. Pam Whitten, QB, the Simons and company will be startled by the urgency, if not rage, from the fan base.  It will rise to defcon 5 if Purdue wins it all.  It might be good for IU to wake up the admin at IU and all their politics and dysfunction.  

Edited by BobSaccamanno
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

I thought this was a cool story This is what sportsmanship looks like...

"The University of Idaho’s marching band is being praised for its sportsmanship after stepping in to support Yale in the first round of the NCAA tournament on Friday night after learning that the Ivy League team’s own band couldn’t make the journey out west. "We got a call from our athletics department around Sunday saying, 'Hey, Yale's band couldn't make it. Would the University of Idaho Vandal band like to step in,'" Martin told the outlet. "And it just worked out to where we could come up and play." The group quickly got to learning the school’s music and even dressed in Bulldog apparel for the game. 

For head coach James Jones, he appreciated having the support. 

"I saw them out there, and they had their sheets, so they knew the music in terms of what to play. It was great," he said after the game. "Having that atmosphere and the people coming out and supporting us, there’s nothing better than that, and we can’t appreciate them more than to be Bulldog fans. A lot of times when you’re on the road and you’re the underdog, a lot of times the crowd goes in your favor, and that helped a little bit tonight, too," he continued. "

And they played better than Auburn did :) 

Former band kid here, I love stories like this. It's a bond shared across schools, for sure.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, BobSaccamanno said:

You’re not wrong that it is a likely scenario.  And they could win it all.  I don’t think Houston or UConn are as good.  

Having said that, while IU fans may be terrified, Duke has survived when UNC wins it all and vice-versa.   OSU football has gone into urgency mode with UM winning it all and on a roll with recruiting. 

If Purdue wins it all, the golf clap can mentality will end. Pam Whitten, QB, the Simons and company will be startled by the urgency, if not rage, from the fan base.  It will rise to defcon 5 if Purdue wins it all.  It might be good for IU to wake up the admin at IU and all their politics and dysfunction.  

You know, I’ve been dreading the possibility of Purdue even making the final four this year. But Purdue’s success can only help the sense of urgency you described from the IU side of things. Thanks for this perspective. 

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, Maedhros said:

I don't really care for either program, but Gonzaga is probably the least worst option over Kansas. Plus I think they'll give Purdue a better game in the next round,  especially with McCullar out.

I think neither match up well with Purdue.

• Like 1

Watching Gonzaga Kansas and dreaming to have a PG like Nembhard, averages almost 7 assists per game.  These teams know how to move the ball quickly with limited dribbling and lots of energy.  Our Hoosiers comparatively too plodding and uncertain offensively.   

• Like 1

1 minute ago, John S said:

Nembhard wins that matchup imo.  Also, Few outshines Painter.  

MP & Few will have nothing to do with outcome 

3rd matchup in 18 months 

Whoever makes 3’s and avoids turnovers 

ZAGS went 0 fer 2nd half in Hawaii on 3’s

A bunch of runouts for Lance 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

46 minutes ago, John S said:

Nembhard wins that matchup imo.  Also, Few outshines Painter.  

I have never been a huge Few guy.  Fine coach.  Racks up wins in a safe environment but doesn’t show much when the going gets tough.  The guy who I like is Tommy Lloyd his ex assistant. He got a $6 M deal at Arizona which has been far better than us for 20 years but the passion and exposure is bigger here but for our ineptitude and dysfunction.  But man I’d make a run at him with $10M and not bleep around to say IU is serious.  He’d be a great match here.   He’s got an urgency and passion that we have lacked but he also has the roster construction and strategic skills.  

Edited by BobSaccamanno
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

I have never been a huge Few guy.  Fine coach.  Racks up wins in a safe environment but doesn’t show much when the going gets tough.  The guy who I like is Tommy Lloyd his ex assistant. He got a $6 M deal at Arizona which has been far better than us for 20 years but the passion and exposure is bigger here but for our ineptitude and dysfunction.  But man I’d make a run at him with $10M and not bleep around to say IU is serious.  He’d be a great match here.   He’s got an urgency and passion that we have lacked but he also has the roster construction and strategic skills.  

Didn't they say Gonzaga has made the sweet 16 9 straight years. To me that means Few has shown a lot when it gets tough.

• Like 1