March Madness 2024

24 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Are you including Northwestern in the 'more with less' comparison?  I'll argue that point.  Northwestern is restricted by academics far more than FAU is short on 'resources'.

100%.  FAU would NOT have been in the tournament this season if not for last year's run.  The committee would have found another Virginia to sneak in.

Didn't Archie have an Elite 8 run at Dayton, which resulted in everyone slobbering all over him?

Porter Moser had a magical run with Loyola.  Parlayed it into the Oklahoma job.  Not in the tournament this year.

If IU would take May over Pearl, that's just stupid.  And Pearl wouldn't turn IU down unless Auburn makes a huge run this season or next.  

Pearl be the obvious choice. I don't see it ever happening. At this point, anyone with an unknown trajectory feels better than the current forecast. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Joe_Hoopsier said:

19',20,' 21', 22', 23' missed the ncaa tourney........ 

Minus one little guard feller..... might add 24' ..

All aboard.

19 wasn't a miss. 

And I don't find that as a damning case against him. 

36 minutes ago, 94hoosier said:

Give me Hoiberg or Collins any day. Both should be able to recruit better at IU and both can coach. I’ll take both over a mid major coach any day. 

Agree. Just listen to both of them in post game interviews and contrast with CMW.  Their basketball IQs are much higher than mike imo

1 hour ago, Kdug said:

I’m not someone who thinks May should be our top choice. But making a knee jerk reaction because of an OT loss is a terrible way to judge a coach. Whatever your opinion of him was before this game shouldn’t have changed.

If we're avoiding overreactions to a small sample size, he never would have been on our radar in the first place.

• Like 5

45 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Just to get ahead of the curve, when Yale upsets Auburn, and y'all dump Pearl off your list, the Yale coach's name is James Jones and he's in his 24th year at Yale 😁

You are set up for a really early arrival, but I can understand it because all of the wind has been blowing into our backsides.

The aft winds make my plane feel like a balloon and makes my ears pop.

Woody had A terrible (19 win) year... GTFO (even more odd that he blows smoke out during a cigar, while some fans do it naturally). 

Hoiberg only lost for 6 yrs and then caught a little guard in a bottle... HIRE HIM !!! NOW

Jones warmed up for 23 yrs... HE'S on FIRE ! throw the bank at him.

• Haha 1

Colorado takes down Florida.

For anyone that might have forgotten, IU didn't even make the dance. Nadda. Thats below “mediocre”. In each game there will be a loser and a winner. Making fun of the loser when you’re not even in the same race is silly.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Inequality said:

Colorado takes down Florida.

For anyone that might have forgotten, IU didn't even make the dance. Nadda. Thats below “mediocre”. In each game there will be a loser and a winner. Making fun of the loser when you’re not even in the same race is silly.

Nah.  I'm a Big Ten fan.  I'll take pleasure in SEC teams losing.  

• Like 1