March Madness 2024

Turdue shows it’s true Skidmarks! They had the refs. The NCAA committee. The big ten powers behind them and still shar their pants.  Now listen to all the has been PU pukes on the big network start making excuses. They had it all in their favor and…….   The facts still remain. PU are real chicken chokers. 

5 hours ago, Zlinedavid said:

Address was Lawrenceville, but went to Red Hill (Bridgeport) schools. 

4 hours ago, ButlerHoosier said:

My wife's Mom lives in Lawreceville! That's crazy!

I bet y'all are related.  

30 minutes ago, jojo123 said:

Turdue shows it’s true Skidmarks! They had the refs. The NCAA committee. The big ten powers behind them and still shar their pants.  Now listen to all the has been PU pukes on the big network start making excuses. They had it all in their favor and…….   The facts still remain. PU are real chicken chokers. 

I am just glad Edey is gone.

• Like 1

As an IU fan, I'm glad PU lost. Wouldn't be a rivalry otherwise.

But as a fan of good basketball, UConn exposed every weakness available in PU's team. (except Edey's elbows) Great game plan by Hurley, great execution by the team. Clingan made Edey actually earn his post up points, without help. The only time UConn double teamed Edey was when Clingan was on the bench.

And the defense in the backcourt for UConn was amazing. The on ball pressure and passing lane defense was really a great thing to witness.

PU got beat by a far superior team. Also a little surprised Painter didn't adjust his offense much in the 2nd half. 

Congrats to UConn.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DWB said:

But as a fan of good basketball, UConn exposed every weakness available in PU's team. (except Edey's elbows) Great game plan by Hurley, great execution by the team. Clingan made Edey actually earn his post up points, without help. The only time UConn double teamed Edey was when Clingan was on the bench.

And the defense in the backcourt for UConn was amazing. The on ball pressure and passing lane defense was really a great thing to witness.

PU got beat by a far superior team. Also a little surprised Painter didn't adjust his offense much in the 2nd half. 

Congrats to UConn.

Purdue doesn't have adjustments, though.  If you can play Edey 1 on 1 in the post, that is. There is nothing else they can go to for offense. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, IU Scott said:

Why are you on this board after your team just played in a championship game. You need to get a life

As we all know, he is always on this board..... He seems like a pretty respectable guy, but good grief....it's an IU board. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, 13th&Jackson said:

It’s incredible that UConn rolled through two consecutive tournaments with two different teams. They had lost 5 of their 8 leading scorers from last year and they were even more dominant this year. 

Wasn’t most if not all wins by double digits too? Impressive 

27 minutes ago, DWB said:

Congrats to UConn.

Well said.  And, like someone said earlier, watching UConn easily break PU full court pres was beautiful.  A good example of great teamwork and coaching.  

38 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Purdue doesn't have adjustments, though.  If you can play Edey 1 on 1 in the post, that is. There is nothing else they can go to for offense. 

Pretty obvious how important guards are for Purdue. Zach had 0 assists last night. His guards were none existent, but I also give UConn's defense a ton of credit.

Nothing like laying a boiled egg. Boil-her-up. For a moment I thought it was IU on the floor trading 2's for 3's. Purdue's last chance at a title shot.

Coach of the year and player of the year couldn't get it done.

Eddy picks up his first foul halfway through the 2nd half. That is one of the more amazing stats of the game.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Artesian_86 said:

Pretty obvious how important guards are for Purdue. Zach had 0 assists last night. His guards were none existent, but I also give UConn's defense a ton of credit.

Theyve issued a BOLO for Hermey. Official record said he was on the court for 30 minutes, but there was no actual sighting. 

image.thumb.png.3e8475819e2d580bb70cb2fcdd42b81c.png

• Haha 5

Disclaimer: I did not watch the game

There are a couple of Purdue grads in the office complaining about Hurley being on the court and not getting a tech. It's rich hearing a Purdue fan complain about the refs! Also, checking the box score, Purdue fans must be beside themselves when Edey didn't get 25 free throw attempts. 

• Like 2

Just thought I’d share a picture of my youngest leaving for school today.  She’s what the kids call “savage” 😂 (and yes she picks her teams by mascot. Still working on this but today I’ll happily accept her love for all things husky)

IMG_2686.jpeg

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, HoosierMama said:

Just thought I’d share a picture of my youngest leaving for school today.  She’s what the kids call “savage” 😂 (and yes she picks her teams by mascot. Still working on this but today I’ll happily accept her love for all things husky)

IMG_2686.jpeg

Oh my gosh, I love it! Savage indeed! 🤣 love that she picks her teams based on the mascot.

Just now, MrsStoller said:

Oh my gosh, I love it! Savage indeed! 🤣 love that she picks her teams based on the mascot.

She used to love IU until she realized there was a team with a husky mascot.  I’m still working on bringing her back 😂

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, Artesian_86 said:

Yeah, UConn’s strategy was to play Edey relatively straight up, but not let anyone else get going. And they sure didn’t let anyone else get going. PU minus Zach Edey went 9/29 fgs (31%) for 23 points.

The crazy thing is that was kind of just a regular performance from UConn. They were just that much better than everyone else.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, btownqb said:

No adjustment to be made for Purdue. Be able to guard Edey 1 on 1... 

Dominate Purdue 1-4. We did it twice last year. 

Finally, someone gives credit due for coming up with the game plan to beat Edy and his mates. It wasn’t a Hurley original!

• Like 1