March Madness 2024

11 minutes ago, BeerBQ said:

One of the more entertaining parts of this season has been watching Gregg Doyell turn into a huge Purdue fan and noticing he can’t even cover them without mentioning IU constantly. 

Agree 👍 

remember he is a columnist so stirring things up is what he does 

Anyone who thinks it’s not 80-90% pro IU in the state is a fool 

PS. Never understood fans complaining about it….just like LeBron, Tebow, Favre, Rogers, Cowboys or Caitlin….they now what gets clicks 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Victobmyboy said:

NC state got every shot they wanted. Just couldn’t hit them. Purdue had the same problem with UConn. Stopped you cold on D too. 

Overall, Purdue’s guards proved themselves against tough defenses both during the tournament and throughout the year. Sure UConn and others shut them down from time to time but the “Purdue’s guards will struggle against athletic teams” was struck down overall. 

7 minutes ago, Hoosier82 said:

Doyal is an antagonist not a journalist. He’s trolling IU fans with his Purdue fandom and it’s all for clicks. The only way he gets clicks is by mentioning IU in the same breath as Purdue. 

Doyell is Dan Dakich with a typewriter instead of a microphone. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Overall, Purdue’s guards proved themselves against tough defenses both during the tournament and throughout the year. Sure UConn and others shut them down from time to time but the “Purdue’s guards will struggle against athletic teams” was struck down overall. 

it's a different equation when you remove Edey. Time will tell.

Braden Smith is a dewd. Loyer is a douche.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Zlinedavid said:

I was openly pulling for Purdue last night for documented reasons. But come on man....take Edey out of last nights lineup and UConn wins by 40 if Hurley doesn't call the dogs off.  Purdue has some good shooters, but they're not the greatest at getting their own shot.  

I don’t disagree with that statement. UConn is/was that good. But Purdue still has plenty of returning talent and incoming talent to be worthy of lofty preseason rankings. Think about MSU’s preseason ranking this year and Purdue brings back at least as much talent (if not more) next season. 

4 minutes ago, ledies22 said:

it's a different equation when you remove Edey. Time will tell.

Braden Smith is a dewd. Loyer is a douche.

Oh no doubt. Loyer needs to hit the weight room hard and chug protein powder haha. Team will look a lot different/more athletic next year but will be interesting what the front court rotation looks like.  Furst needs to regain his freshman-year form. 

28 minutes ago, Purdue7 said:

Anderson…running man ref is the new TV Ted 

8 minute TO on court interview Hurley says we have to change how we cover Edey.  What he meant was I’m going to go ape 🦍 💩on the sidelines and we are going to play more physical 

That is a lot of whining to make up for not winning. Those grapes must be really sour.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

I don’t disagree with that statement. UConn is/was that good. But Purdue still has plenty of returning talent and incoming talent to be worthy of lofty preseason rankings. Think about MSU’s preseason ranking this year and Purdue brings back at least as much talent (if not more) next season. 

Yeah, but it's like the 2014 Miami Heat after LeBron went back to Cleveland.  They still had Bosh, Wade, Chalmers, etc.  That's having talent.  But when you lose the central cog all that talent was built around....

• Like 1

Just now, BruceDouglas said:

So is UConn a blue blood now? 6 titles in 26 years, 3 different coaches.

I considered them one after they put up 4.  Sure, it might be an "old money" vs "new money" blue blood, but if you're ahead of Villanova and on par with Kansas.....you're an elite program. 

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Zlinedavid said:

I considered them one after they put up 4.  Sure, it might be an "old money" vs "new money" blue blood, but if you're ahead of Villanova and on par with Kansas.....you're an elite program. 

So are they going to replace Izzo in The Champions Classic Tournament?

11 minutes ago, BruceDouglas said:

So is UConn a blue blood now? 6 titles in 26 years, 3 different coaches.

It’s insane that they have as many as UNC…

I think we all know UK, KU, Duke, UNC, Louisville….cheated over the last 20 years.  Not convinced Nova or UConn did 

34 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

I mean it’s dumb to do rankings this early before the flurry of portal activity but Purdue has earned the respect/kudos to be ranked high next year. They return a lot of production and bring in a really good recruiting class. 

Jones and Edey alone made up 44% of your scoring. I wouldn’t say you’re returning a lot of production with those two, especially Edey, leaving.

9 minutes ago, Hoosier4Life53 said:

Could get ugly next year when Edey isn’t around, and all the focus will be on stopping your guards.

True 

but it will still be Purdue guys….Indiana guys…4 & 5 year student athletes 

Can’t wait to see Colvin, Heide, Berg 

If you guys go with MR & MM at the 4&5 the hurrying Hoosiers could be back 

Both teams lose the best interior defenders & rebounders 

TKR & MR at center will be a nightmare on defense 

50 minutes ago, Zlinedavid said:

I was openly pulling for Purdue last night for documented reasons. But come on man....take Edey out of last nights lineup and UConn wins by 40 if Hurley doesn't call the dogs off.  Purdue has some good shooters, but they're not the greatest at getting their own shot.  

You still have a chance at consolation sex.

• Haha 3

9 minutes ago, ledies22 said:

under Calhoun??????? 

I would give Ollie a maybe but Calhoun had to be hooked up 

Plus bag men or boosters don’t necessarily get marching orders from the top 

Doubt Wooden told Sam Gilbert who to pay 💰 

12 minutes ago, Kdug said:

Jones and Edey alone made up 44% of your scoring. I wouldn’t say you’re returning a lot of production with those two, especially Edey, leaving.

More concerned with the defense & rebounding those two provided 

Berg is the mystery man….especially if Furst is gone.  He has looked solid in limited minutes.  Not sure about his lateral movement or passing