March Madness 2024

8 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

He wasn’t talking about IU lol. It was a broad comment that pertains to multiple programs (hence the 90’s reference) And he’s right that kids don’t care about that stuff. 

Isn't IU one of those "multiple programs"? 

No team won a championship in all 3 of those decades...

Rent free, baby...

3 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Isn't IU one of those "multiple programs"? 

No team won a championship in all 3 of those decades...

Rent free, baby...

I guess it’s rent free for the other program he’s talking about too?  Or maybe he’s just making a general comment and people freaked out for no reason.  Regardless, he hit the nail on the head about kids not caring about that stuff. 

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

I guess it’s rent free for the other program he’s talking about too?  Or maybe he’s just making a general comment and people freaked out for no reason.  Regardless, he hit the nail on the head about kids not caring about that stuff. 

Would they have cared, if you had beaten UConn? 

Edited by Hoosier4Life53
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Hoosier4Life53 said:

Kinda funny how salty they're getting over all this...

Tradition does matter, whether they like it or not...in today's world, not as much as NIL money (which they're lacking as well) but it does matter...

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Hoosier4Life53 said:

I’m sure it would’ve been nice but in the grand scheme of things, it wouldn’t have changed much for Purdue. They’re not going to start recruiting completely different types of kids/players just because they made it to the championship game.  May help get their foot in the door with some higher-rated guys but Painter knows what type of player/person he wants on his team. 

3 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Tradition does matter, whether they like it or not...in today's world, not as much as NIL money (which they're lacking as well) but it does matter...

Far from salty just having a conversation. How do you know we’re lacking?  Any proof there?  You think Kel’el Ware comes to IU if you guys didn’t open up the checkbook?  I think tradition matters for high school recruits more than portal guys tbh. 

Edited by Stlboiler23

10 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Far from salty just having a conversation. How do you know we’re lacking?  Any proof there?  You think Kel’el Ware comes to IU if you guys didn’t open up the checkbook?  

Big 10 NIL Funding

Total support 

IU $82,939,020

PU $33,529,207

Better pick up your game...

Edited by IUFLA
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

To all PU fans that claim titles don’t matter watch UConn reload after back to back titles. Of course, recruits notice. Ours were years ago, but they still mean something when you walk into Assembly Hall and see 5 of them hanging over the court!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Big 10 NIL Funding

Total funding 

IU $82,939,020

PU $33,529,207

Better pick up your game...

Lol the collective figure is simply an estimate and there’s no way to know how much we actually have. And IIRC, your numbers are inflated because of a donation to the athletic department from the university to help with COVID costs.  Wasn’t a “true” donation but rather a loan that the university has to pay back. $38 million gift from the school. 

2 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Lol the collective figure is simply an estimate and there’s no way to know how much we actually have. And IIRC, your numbers are inflated because of a donation to the athletic department from the university to help with COVID costs.  Wasn’t a “true” donation but rather a loan that the university has to pay back. $38 million gift from the school. 

Hopeless...you get presented with evidence and you still try to wiggle...

I'm sure they chose numbers out of a hat 🙄

I'm not going to continue with someone who's disingenuous...

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Hopeless...you get presented with evidence and you still try to wiggle...

I'm sure they chose numbers out of a hat 🙄

I'm not going to continue with someone who's disingenuous...

Did you read the disclaimer?  It talked about how they estimated it but admitted it’s private data that isn’t shared and it’s simply a “best guess.”

Regardless, Purdue hasn’t been hurt by NIL nor will it be moving forward. 

Edited by Stlboiler23

7 minutes ago, IUJoe said:

Show me a fan base that think titles don’t matter, and I’ll show you a fan base that doesn’t have any.

It's a common trait shared by schools  like Incarnate Word, Maryland-Eastern Shore, Texas Southern, Cal State-Northridge, Mercer, and Purdue.  

It's sad in a way that not every school can be UCLA, Kentucky, UConn, UNC, Indiana, or Duke.

• Haha 2

On 4/12/2024 at 9:07 AM, 5fouls said:

It's a common trait shared by schools  like Incarnate Word, Maryland-Eastern Shore, Texas Southern, Cal State-Northridge, Mercer, and Purdue.  

It's sad in a way that not every school can be UCLA, Kentucky, UConn, UNC, Indiana, or Duke.

I’ll be happy to play the banner card again after we win one in this century. Until then I’m not throwing shade at anyone. We are a sorry program that hasn’t won anything in a very very long time. No B1G titles, No final fours, and no NCs.

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, dgambill said:

I’ll be happy to play the banner card again after we win one in this century. Until then I’m not throwing shade at anyone. We are a sorry program that hasn’t won anything in a very very long time. No B1G titles, No final fours, and no NCs.

I prefer to live life with tongue in cheek.  Life has thrown a lot worse things at me than the lack of RECENT success of my favorite college basketball team.  I'm not going to let that stop me from having a little fun at the expense of my rival, one who is a favorite of many of my family and friends 

• Like 9

10 hours ago, 5fouls said:

I prefer to live life with tongue in cheek.  Life has thrown a lot worse things at me than the lack of RECENT success of my favorite college basketball team.  I'm not going to let that stop me from having a little fun at the expense of my rival, one who is a favorite of many of my family and friends 

That’s good. I have a 5 year old little girl so I clearly have much much more important things so I hear you. I just think it’s more fun when you can congratulate your friends and family and their success doesnt bother you because you are having just as much success as them. Hopefully soon we both can celebrate because we both are winning championships. Rivalries are best when both teams win imo. Until then…have fun with your family and friends…life is too short not to smile and enjoy it! Sounds like you’ve figured that out. 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, dgambill said:

We won the B10 in 2016. If that’s a “very long time”, we have vastly different definitions of that phrase. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Zlinedavid said:

We won the B10 in 2016. If that’s a “very long time”, we have vastly different definitions of that phrase. 

That was 3 coaches ago….but yeah…that’s a long time….and we’ve had only one top 5 finish since then. For the kids we are recruiting they were like 10 years old.

In general it’s been 8 years since a B1G title. Never won a B1G tourney and over 20years since a title game and over 30 since a championship. For a school that’s suppose to be known for its bball that’s not pretty.

Edited by dgambill
  • Like 1