March Madness 2024

3 hours ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Recent rumors he may come back actually. NIL check would be enormous. 

I’ve told people this 100 times but no one wants to listen. He will make more money at Purdue than NBA. His basketball career will likely be almost over once he leaves so why not stay.

2 minutes ago, dgambill said:

I’ve told people this 100 times but no one wants to listen. He will make more money at Purdue than NBA. His basketball career will likely be almost over once he leaves so why not stay.

I was joking but he would get a lot to come back. I think he’ll get a good shot in the league. Clingan is a projected lottery pick who is a really good defender and Edey easily won that matchup. I’m sure that opened some NBA eyes that may have been on the fence about him. 

Edited by Stlboiler23

3 hours ago, Victobmyboy said:

NC state got every shot they wanted. Just couldn’t hit them. Purdue had the same problem with UConn. Stopped you cold on D too. 

NC St maybe didn’t win the battle but they won the war. You can’t tell me that physical defense they played on Purdue didn’t have an effect when UConn ratcheted it up even more late in the first half. Purdue had no legs second half. They were gassed and especially Edey. Too much physical ball had its effect and then add UConn just running their shooters to death through their motion offense…that was a tough back to back to have to play.

1 minute ago, Stlboiler23 said:

I was joking but he would get a lot to come back. I think he’ll get a good shot in the league. Clingan is a projected lottery pick who is a really good defender and Edey easily won that matchup. I’m sure that opened some NBA eyes that may have been on the fence about him. 

Clingan can shoot out to the 3pt line…he also is able to move his feet and block shots. Edey can’t play drop coverage in NBa. He has no future and I’m not saying that because he is a Purdue player…would be the same if he played at IU. He will be playing international ball or be a clone of this guy…minus the personality and girl obviously.

IMG_2787.jpeg

IMG_2788.jpeg

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, dgambill said:

I've seen Edey projected around 20. ''24 project #20 pick earnings... yr 1) $2.8M, yr 2) $2.9M, 3rd year option over $3M. I don't think he is making that kind of money at Purdue.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Clingan can shoot out to the 3pt line…he also is able to move his feet and block shots. Edey can’t play drop coverage in NBa. He has no future and I’m not saying that because he is a Purdue player…would be the same if he played at IU. He will be playing international ball or be a clone of this guy…minus the personality and girl obviously.

IMG_2787.jpeg

IMG_2788.jpeg

Seem like a nice couple, but I just don't think they see eye to eye

• Haha 5

9 minutes ago, ledies22 said:

I've seen Edey projected around 20. ''24 project #20 pick earnings... yr 1) $2.8M, yr 2) $2.9M, 3rd year option over $3M. I don't think he is making that kind of money at Purdue.

He could if he was American but being Canadian definitely limits him. 

48 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Depends on what you consider “ugly?”

I think Painter did a really good job of putting the right pieces around Edey. Next year he will just have the pieces. His best bet would be to plug in another big, but there aren’t many (if any) other bigs as good as Edey. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, dgambill said:

IMG_2787.jpeg

IMG_2788.jpeg

Clingan can shoot out to the 3 point line? He took 8 all season and hit 2. I wouldn’t go as far as saying he can do that. I think Edey could hit 2 out of 8 if he wanted to.  We’ll have to agree to disagree about the no future comment. 

4 minutes ago, BeerBQ said:

I think Painter did a really good job of putting the right pieces around Edey. Next year he will just have the pieces. His best bet would be to plug in another big, but there aren’t many (if any) other bigs as good as Edey. 

Wouldn’t be surprised if it’s something more similar to when we had Haarms.  Have to see what we have with Berg but Jacobsen is going to be a good one for us. 

22 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Clingan can shoot out to the 3 point line? He took 8 all season and hit 2. I wouldn’t go as far as saying he can do that. I think Edey could hit 2 out of 8 if he wanted to.  We’ll have to agree to disagree about the no future comment. 

Edey was 1-2 on 3PT shots this year, and strangely enough, I was at both of those games.  He missed (badly) against Eastern Kentucky and made one against....of course, IU in B-town. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Zlinedavid said:

Edey was 1-2 on 3PT shots this year, and strangely enough, I was at both of those games.  He missed (badly) against Eastern Kentucky and made one against....of course, IU in B-town. 

Wasn’t that one in Mackey? 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, SpiderMonkey said:

Summarizing for all of you who don't want to take the time to read this:

Edey is just tall. 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Purdue7 said:

I would give Ollie a maybe but Calhoun had to be hooked up 

Plus bag men or boosters don’t necessarily get marching orders from the top 

Doubt Wooden told Sam Gilbert who to pay 💰 

Ollie is easily as "dirty" as Calhoun. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Kdug said:

Jones and Edey alone made up 44% of your scoring. I wouldn’t say you’re returning a lot of production with those two, especially Edey, leaving.

Yeah that’s valid. I loved Jones but definitely think we can replace that production with some of the younger guys coming in and guys like Colvin and Heide with increased roles. Replacing Edey won’t be easy of course but it’ll be fun to watch what CMP comes up with. 

22 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Yeah that’s valid. I loved Jones but definitely think we can replace that production with some of the younger guys coming in and guys like Colvin and Heide with increased roles. Replacing Edey won’t be easy of course but it’ll be fun to watch what CMP comes up with. 

There were a lot of times this year that I thought Colvin/Heide should have been on the floor instead of Jones.

I miss the old days when IU was discussed on and IU message board. Not sorry.

Since I am a VU alum, how about I inject the Trailblazers into every thread. VU hold the record # of National Njcaa TITLE appearances with 34. VU truly own this state !!! 34 TITLE appearances !!

John Holmes was one of the talented coaches..... JOHN FREAKIN HOLMES !!!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, ledies22 said:

I’d be shocked if he is a first rd pick. 

• Like 1