Dusty May to Michigan

57 minutes ago, MrsStoller said:

Staying overnight in Louisville in a couple weeks at the Brown Hotel so we can arrive, eat there in the beautiful hotel and not have to leave until the morning. Have never been to the Brown Hotel but it looks gorgeous and a destination in itself.

We return to our normal programming, Dusty May bball 🤣. Carry on!

The Brown Hotel, home of the Kentucky Hot Brown. Delicious!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, MrsStoller said:

Staying overnight in Louisville in a couple weeks at the Brown Hotel so we can arrive, eat there in the beautiful hotel and not have to leave until the morning. Have never been to the Brown Hotel but it looks gorgeous and a destination in itself.

We return to our normal programming, Dusty May bball 🤣. Carry on!

Get the bourbon fries as well.  Thank me later. 

• Thanks 1

I have been to events at the Brown, but never actually stayed there, or eaten at the restaurant.   It is a very nice hotel though.

The main nighttime/entertainment district is about 3 blocks south.  Walkable depending on the time of day.  Would probably Uber back to hotel at night if you do go there though.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, 5fouls said:

I have been to events at the Brown, but never actually stayed there, or eaten at the restaurant.   It is a very nice hotel though.

The main nighttime/entertainment district is about 3 blocks south.  Walkable depending on the time of day.  Would probably Uber back to hotel at night if you do go there though.

Careful where you walk, about like Indy lately with all of the shootings. 36 homicides in the first quarter … last number I saw. 😬

• Like 2

1 hour ago, kyhoosier29 said:

Careful where you walk, about like Indy lately with all of the shootings. 36 homicides in the first quarter … last number I saw. 😬

Trust me I know.  I work in the downtown business district.  2 daytime shootings in this area in the last few weeks.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Maedhros said:

I was never among those thinking we had to get Dusty May. But if Michigan gets not only May but lands McNeeley too, that's going to sting a lot of folks:

A coach I didn't necessarily want landing a recruit that didn't want us.  I ain't losing sleep over it. 

24 minutes ago, Maedhros said:

I was never among those thinking we had to get Dusty May. But if Michigan gets not only May but lands McNeeley too, that's going to sting a lot of folks:

3 minutes ago, Zlinedavid said:

A coach I didn't necessarily want landing a recruit that didn't want us.  I ain't losing sleep over it. 

Me neither.  Unless I'm missing something, Bryson Tucker appears to be just as good a signee.  Need more numbers, but that swap doesn't appear to damage IU's prospects.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

Me neither.  Unless I'm missing something, Bryson Tucker appears to be just as good a signee.  Need more numbers, but that swap doesn't appear to damage IU's prospects.

Agreed. We don't get Tucker most likely with McNeely and I actually think Tucker has more upside as an "all around" player. But either way, it is lame to see him go to Michigan. 

On 3/25/2024 at 2:25 PM, IowaHoosierFan said:

Just like guns don't kill people, forks don't make people fat, and cars don't get drunk and kills people on the road.  Social media is no more evil or responsible for people being horrible.  30 years ago it wouldn't have been social media but letters and email threats.  People suck.  They continue to find more and creative ways to suck.   And just like everything else, its the extreme outliers that do most of the horrible things in life.

I think social media does make it easier to suck.  They can post whatever and almost always with zero consequences.  Keyboard losers for the most part would never say what they say to someone’s face.  It enables the cowardly losers that suck to hide.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Who's gunna "make the call" or "answer the phone" whatever Liam's little slogan was... when he goes to UM? lol

Lamest phrase I've heard

I'm glad we can all openly say this now, instead of having to reluctantly defend one of our own. So, so lame. 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Maedhros said:

I'm glad we can all openly say this now, instead of having to reluctantly defend one of our own. So, so lame. 😂

yes lol... cringed the WHOLE time... yuck. Find a different slogan, kid, that ain't it. 

1 hour ago, OGIUAndy said:

Agreed. We don't get Tucker most likely with McNeely and I actually think Tucker has more upside as an "all around" player. But either way, it is lame to see him go to Michigan. 

From what I’ve seen it looks like Tucker is more athletic, with a mid-range game, and McNeeley is more of threat from 3. Pretty much an even swap.

5 minutes ago, Hoosier4Life53 said:

From what I’ve seen it looks like Tucker is more athletic, with a mid-range game, and McNeeley is more of threat from 3. Pretty much an even swap.

I think Tucker will a better defender. So I still think Tucker will be the better player. Just my two cents. 

45 minutes ago, Hoosier4Life53 said:

Based on the rankings, mock drafts, etc, seems like the consensus is McNeeley might be better, but I don’t think it’s that significant of a difference between the two. Feel like it just hurts losing his outside shooting which we’ll need to address in the portal now.

5 minutes ago, Kdug said:

Based on the rankings, mock drafts, etc, seems like the consensus is McNeeley might be better, but I don’t think it’s that significant of a difference between the two. Feel like it just hurts losing his outside shooting which we’ll need to address in the portal now.

Just now, Hoosier4Life53 said:

Let’s hope so, but either way I’m ok with swapping McNeeley for Tucker.

For sure