Mgbako is the last remaining decision

1 minute ago, IUfaninIllinois said:

I’m not sure in his role if he is actually allowed to work with the players.

I've had that same wondering. There are rules about what certain positions allow, but I'm not knowledgeable about it at all.

7 hours ago, IUfaninIllinois said:

I’m hoping someone works with him or he gets his own shooting coach in offseason because even if he improves 2-3% from 3 that’s huge for us.

His shot is very good, and as he got comfortable, it became excellent 

He is also fairly good at getting offensive rebounds and powering back up.

To me, it's all about ball handling. Mac takes more than a dribble or two and I get really anxious.

If he can improve his ball handling, and his ability to drive the ball, I think that's where he becomes next level.

That 2-3% improvement you mention should come from just being more experienced, relaxed and confident.

• Like 4

37 minutes ago, bluegrassIU said:

To me, it's all about ball handling. Mac takes more than a dribble or two and I get really anxious.

If he can improve his ball handling, and his ability to drive the ball, I think that's where he becomes next level.

That 2-3% improvement you mention should come from just being more experienced, relaxed and confident.

To expand on ball handling, which imo, you're correct... I stated that early in the year... 

Ball handling- ability to make multiple counter moves off the bounce, at that that point, finish at the rim/create space in the mid range/draw a foul/create for others.. 

Yes if MM can consistently do that.. for sure.. all in on that. He does other things well on the offensive end-- he'll avg 15+ 

• Like 3

20 hours ago, Tom White said:

Think back to about a month ago when all the message boards were being set on fire with people declaring all the players would be leaving the program. I think that storm has been weathered pretty well.

Wasn’t there something about gallo being unhappy and transferring? Hahah

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, Hoosier4Life53 said:

Do you do your wondering while you wander? Just kidding 😀

Back when Wander Indiana was on the license plates, I knew some out-of-state people who thought Wander was the name of a county.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, bluegrassIU said:

Fair points. I’m sure there is some little tweak that gets him more comfortable off the dribble which I also thought was a struggle of his in shooting the three but don’t have exact data to back it. I’m sure there is a site out there that shows his percentages of off dribble threes, posted up threes, and off screen threes

• Like 1