Mgbako is the last remaining decision

3 hours ago, Zlinedavid said:

He's going to be the hidden gem from that draft, and a great example of staying that one extra year.  If he didn't come back as a senior, he wouldn't have had the ball handling skills he does now, and wouldn't have had that little bit of an edge he plays with. 

I still want to see him channel his dad and go full on 1998-power-forward for just a game or two though.  😂

It’s also about being in the right situation….playing in GS is a bigs dream….the spacing and attention that Curry, Thompson and company provide…the vision of Paul…helps him tremendously. Trayce fits the pro game much better than banging in the B1G with 7’0 280 centers night in and out playing back to basket. He plays well facing up and in space where he can use his athleticism.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, dgambill said:

It’s also about being in the right situation….playing in GS is a bigs dream….the spacing and attention that Curry, Thompson and company provide…the vision of Paul…helps him tremendously. Trayce fits the pro game much better than banging in the B1G with 7’0 280 centers night in and out playing back to basket. He plays well facing up and in space where he can use his athleticism.

Plus he gets more playing time because DG is a dumb dumb who wouldn’t surprise me if they traded in the offseason especially with how much Trayce has came along and Trayce isn’t a trouble maker.

12 minutes ago, IUfaninIllinois said:

Plus he gets more playing time because DG is a dumb dumb who wouldn’t surprise me if they traded in the offseason especially with how much Trayce has came along and Trayce isn’t a trouble maker.

Yep GS should have transitioned off Draymond and Klay and never added Paul. If they wanted another window with Steph they should have full on tore it down after their championship and definitely last year for a quick reload.

Phenomenal news. Glad the kid and those around him see the bigger picture. Leave early and spend time on the G league circuit....or come back and play your way into 1st round $.

For IU though with Malik, MM, BT, TG....and find 4-5 more bodies this is a quick fix.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Phenomenal news. Glad the kid and those around him see the bigger picture. Leave early and spend time on the G league circuit....or come back and play your way into 1st round $.

For IU though with Malik, MM, BT, TG....and find 4-5 more bodies this is a quick fix.

Need someone better at the 5 to compete. MR isnt a good 5. not a rim protector, rebounder and fouls to much. not to hijack the thread.

Edited by Indykev

I really hope Mac just freaking blows up next year. For him, and for the program. 

I just get the feeling the 1st part of last year (on and off the court) was such a struggle. Maybe a bigger transition than he was ready for.

But man, he just slowly got better and better. You can see just how good he can become.

Good Luck Mac, let's freaking gooooo!!!!

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, bluegrassIU said:

I really hope Mac just freaking blows up next year. For him, and for the program. 

I just get the feeling the 1st part of last year (on and off the court) was such a struggle. Maybe a bigger transition than he was ready for.

But man, he just slowly got better and better. You can see just how good he can become.

Good Luck Mac, let's freaking gooooo!!!!

Yep. Ton of development from early season, probably had his confidence rattled to just settling in towards the end of the season. Similar to JHS. Really have high hopes for him next year to be our anchor on offense.

• Like 1