Mgbako is the last remaining decision

8 minutes ago, Hoosier4Life53 said:

But he didn’t leave because of anything other than he played himself into a 1st rounder, so it would have been foolish not to go. 

Not arguing , he's gone for whatever reason. still 7 open schollys and 4 players gone. Not everyone came back like some are trying to say.

9 minutes ago, Indykev said:

Not arguing , he's gone for whatever reason. still 7 open schollys and 4 players gone. Not everyone came back like some are trying to say.

It’s very probable a couple of those 4 players were nudged out. You have to remove some to be better. I for one, was over the Gunn and Banks show and feel we will be better for it. 

Edited by Hoosier987

4 hours ago, Tom White said:

Think back to about a month ago when all the message boards were being set on fire with people declaring all the players would be leaving the program. I think that storm has been weathered pretty well.

Absolutely silly how badly fans overreact.  Same thing applies to Woodson being the worst coach ever.  He's a long way from Kenny Payne.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

Absolutely silly how badly fans overreact.  Same thing applies to Woodson being the worst coach ever.  He's a long way from Kenny Payne.

Don't remember anyone saying he is the worst coach ever.  A bad coach?  Yes.  He stinks.  

Overreaction goes both ways BTW.  

I'm glad MM is back.  We need guards and shooters like crazy.  

Edited by Common Sense

Bad coach, good coach, either way, let’s build the roster and program for more than one year and get us on track.  Let’s fix 2025 recruiting and get competitive.  It does no good to tank.  We are in an embarrassing state right with very little sitting here today for the future especially looking out to 2025-2026.   Let’s hope they recruit their asses off, whether it’s about money or whatever for this year and beyond.  

Hopefully we all agree with that.  Get the roster normalized and build a roster for college basketball.  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Common Sense said:

Don't remember anyone saying he is the worst coach ever.  A bad coach?  Yes.  

I wouldn't go that far either.  This fan base isn't objective enough to make that call and Woodson's record doesn't indicate a bad coach.  The players don't give that feedback either.  Trayce Jackson Davis and Kel'el Ware would likely have a very different take.

• Like 4

36 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

I wouldn't go that far either.  This fan base isn't objective enough to make that call and Woodson's record doesn't indicate a bad coach.  The players don't give that feedback either.  Trayce Jackson Davis and Kel'el Ware would likely have a very different take.

If he were that bad of a coach, Reneau and MM would be gone, because I’m sure they had multiple options. Galloway probably had more than a couple also. 

Ware has been gone since mid-February. Sparks went back to where he just transferred from, and at this point in time, Gunn and Banks don’t seem like tremendous losses. 

• Like 7

2 hours ago, FKIM01 said:

Go away.  Don't you have some losing to do?

I'm afraid this is the year. They have a fine program.

Hopefully, Indiana will stop playing politics and games and get serious about its basketball program.

Edited by Sea Turtle
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, FKIM01 said:

Woodson’s strength is individual development of post players. His weakness is roster construction and a style of play that is attractive to backcourt players 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Yep. Ton of development from early season, probably had his confidence rattled to just settling in towards the end of the season. Similar to JHS. Really have high hopes for him next year to be our anchor on offense.

Early on you could tell he was in shell shock from the speed, physicality, and his lack of awareness. He couldn’t stick to his man if he was wearing Velcro. Second half things slowed down…he found his feet…started to learn to play a little defense and the light clicked in his head. 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Phenomenal news. Glad the kid and those around him see the bigger picture. Leave early and spend time on the G league circuit....or come back and play your way into 1st round $.

For IU though with Malik, MM, BT, TG....and find 4-5 more bodies this is a quick fix.

Could not agree more….

Why not enjoy college instead of ride a bus to grand forks…,especially if the money is even close 

He obviously trusts the coaches and likes it at IU…,plus he showed solid improvement all year 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, FKIM01 said:

I think good vs bad is all relative. I always think of it as good/bad relative to other big ten coaches since those would be who we directly compete every year against. When factoring in the resources each school has, I’d say Woodson is probably in the bottom 4 or 5 at this point.

5 hours ago, dgambill said:

Early on you could tell he was in shell shock from the speed, physicality, and his lack of awareness. He couldn’t stick to his man if he was wearing Velcro. Second half things slowed down…he found his feet…started to learn to play a little defense and the light clicked in his head. 

I’m hoping someone works with him or he gets his own shooting coach in offseason because even if he improves 2-3% from 3 that’s huge for us.

11 hours ago, FKIM01 said:

The only thing that matters to fans is winning. If a coach is winner we the fans love him. He loses. He gets his name on message boards. It’s that simple. 

5 hours ago, IUfaninIllinois said:

I’m hoping someone works with him or he gets his own shooting coach in offseason because even if he improves 2-3% from 3 that’s huge for us.

Jordan Hulls is a coach on Woodsons staff. He got to work with Buckley the shot dr. Hopefully he learned and can now pass it on? 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Tom White said:

Think back to about a month ago when all the message boards were being set on fire with people declaring all the players would be leaving the program. I think that storm has been weathered pretty well.

There were more than a few statements about next year being as bad as Crean's first year. 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Sea Turtle said:

It's interesting 

6 hours ago, 5fouls said:

If you were any more excited, I might start believing you're not really a Boiler fan.

Be careful with this one, sometimes he can be a "Snapping" Turtle. 

• Haha 3