Keion Brooks Jr. Commits to UK

milehiiu

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

^^ Gotta like this statement from the above-linked article:

It also can’t be understated that after getting a hometown prodigy in Romeo Langford that Archie Miller has legitimate standing in landing in-state recruits in Indiana. The Brooks pairing there simply makes too much sense.

This was my favorite sentence:

“More focus on Kentucky’s side has been shifted to more point guards and bug, physical centers to better compliment Maxey and Whitney.”

• 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, CoachSS said:

Believe a 3-horse race here. 

One school definitely has a lead, one with a "punchers chance" per a text I got and one that... Is hard to figure. 

Not hard to figure: Purdue and UCLA have a combined 1% or so from what I've been told.

Assuming we're in the lead. Punchers chance is probably Izzo. One that is hard to figure...has to be Kentucky. 

1 minute ago, Billingsley99 said:

Are we expecting Stewart to make decision soon? With Meyer and company predicting UK does that change timeline? I still hear Spring for him, i expect KB late Oct early Nov. IMO Stewart only impacts KB if he decides very soon.

Whether we like it or not UK is the destination school. I Think emotions can run high and things can happen quickly. Cal is on a mission right now. Projections have them getting a record 7 possible all American players. I want us in  these battles so I’m kind of sitting back here neutrally right now.

37 minutes ago, ADegenerate said:

BTW these battles should be tough and we should expect pressure and push back. Trust the process and all of that. We want to land the players that the big boys want. It's stressful yes, but expected. 

And I love every minute of it. It sucks sometimes...but it's the company we want. We can hate on Kentucky all we want...but when we are competing with them recruiting wise it makes me happy. Very happy. 

25 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

And I love every minute of it. It sucks sometimes...but it's the company we want. We can hate on Kentucky all we want...but when we are competing with them recruiting wise it makes me happy. Very happy. 

Just like the old days.......I love it.

7 minutes ago, rico said:

Knight era.......geez.

I’m just saying that making the top 5 or 6 for a couple 5 star recruits along with the likes of Duke, UK, UNC, MSU, etc., isn’t really anything out of the norm for IU, even in recent years.

But actually landing those recruits on a regular basis is a different story.

4 minutes ago, FW_Hoosier said:

I’m just saying that making the top 5 or 6 for a couple 5 star recruits along with the likes of Duke, UK, UNC, MSU, etc., isn’t really anything out of the norm for IU, even in recent years.

But actually landing those recruits on a regular basis is a different story.

Bingo.  Just like the old days.

Winning and contending on a regular basis changes everything. If Archie can manage to win one within the next two to three years, he can claim some major clout in the recruiting world.... by saying that he’s won as many ships as Cal and Self in a much shorter timeframe. 

Edit: And Izzo etc...

11 minutes ago, Danomatic said:

Winning and contending on a regular basis changes everything. If Archie can manage to win one within the next two to three years, he can claim some major clout in the recruiting world.... by saying that he’s won as many ships as Cal and Self in a much shorter timeframe. 

Edit: And Izzo etc...

Love the enthusiasm...but let's not race out too far ahead. Trust me I've been on the more bullish side of projections this year, but the only wins/losses body of work so far is not making the NIT...

Archived