Keion Brooks Jr. Commits to UK

milehiiu

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, bluegrassIU said:

I think Lewis to Florida was a foregone conclusion a while ago. I doubt that domino surprised anybody or changed how/who anybody is recruiting.

Actually Matt Jones and a lot of people thought Cal might have stolen him late. He practiced in UK shorts shortly after his visit. SS also liked my post about Stewart and Keion possibly teaming up. 

3 hours ago, IU_Realist said:

Kentucky already has a top 10 CG and two 6'6" players similar to Brooks.

Fair enough. Are those two you’re referring to a lock to be there next year? 

Also, my last post on the subject because I’m not trying to even argue that he should or will go there. Just an observation and possibility I’ve thought about.

They have already committed for 2019.  

5 hours ago, ADegenerate said:

Fair enough. Are those two you’re referring to a lock to be there next year? 

Also, my last post on the subject because I’m not trying to even argue that he should or will go there. Just an observation and possibility I’ve thought about.

54 minutes ago, 5 championships said:

Just watched a KBJ interview at USA basketball camp about his final 6 schools and I’m really liking what I’m hearing! He had some really good things to say and seems kind of obvious that we are in the lead. 

Link to the video.

https://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/news/usab-five-star-forward-keion-brooks-breaks-down-his-final-6

1 hour ago, Steubenhoosier said:

And yet, posters on here criticized him for going to LaLumiere.

Sometimes, these kids do have a good head on their shoulders and really do know what they are doing.

I think the La Lumiere thing has more to do from the testimony we heard from Bowen’s dad and others the money that gets paid out to go there and then continues on when they go to college.

1 hour ago, Steubenhoosier said:

And yet, posters on here criticized him for going to LaLumiere.

Sometimes, these kids do have a good head on their shoulders and really do know what they are doing.

I just wish he would have stayed at FW North......easier for me to watch him play.

4 minutes ago, dgambill said:

I think the La Lumiere thing has more to do from the testimony we heard from Bowen’s dad and others the money that gets paid out to go there and then continues on when they go to college.

I had to look it up but Raphael Davis(Purdue) went to La Lu.......he was from FW South(?).  1,000 pt scorer for the Boilers.

1 minute ago, rico said:

I had to look it up but Raphael Davis(Purdue) went to La Lu.......he was from FW South(?).  1,000 pt scorer for the Boilers.

I’m not accusing anyone...but there is presidence of it happening...and it makes me nervous when a kid we have great relationship with goes there because I think it makes them more susceptible to being stolen away.

Know a guy who works with Keion's dad. 

Said that Keion is very happy with his decision to go to LaLu. Said that the kids who attend LL come from families that...let's just say, they aren't dealing with many of the issues facing public school families.

Not saying that there is anything wrong with public schools. Just a different demographic at LL.

Just now, dgambill said:

I’m not accusing anyone...but there is presidence of it happening...and it makes me nervous when a kid we have great relationship with goes there because I think it makes them more susceptible to being stolen away.

I understand.  And I raise an eyebrow myself.

Just now, Steubenhoosier said:

Know a guy who works with Keion's dad. 

Said that Keion is very happy with his decision to go to LaLu. Said that the kids who attend LL come from families that...let's just say, they aren't dealing with many of the issues facing public school families.

Not saying that there is anything wrong with public schools. Just a different demographic at LL.

Can you elaborate a little more on that?

Just now, rico said:

Can you elaborate a little more on that?

Well, Ft Wayne North Side pulls from a demographic of middle to lower middle class families. With that, comes a lot of stuff. You can figure that out.

In the conversation I had with my friend, he said that Keion is happy that he can focus on his academics and practice, and not have to worry about the stuff that comes with an inner city public school 

45 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Well, Ft Wayne North Side pulls from a demographic of middle to lower middle class families. With that, comes a lot of stuff. You can figure that out.

In the conversation I had with my friend, he said that Keion is happy that he can focus on his academics and practice, and not have to worry about the stuff that comes with an inner city public school 

TY, and figured that was the issue.  Well tell KB to take his fishing poles......couple of nice fishing lakes in LaPorte.

Archived