Keion Brooks Jr. Commits to UK

milehiiu

27 minutes ago, CSprings Hoosier said:

Man, I live two miles away from the Olympic Training Center and tried getting into the gym to watch the practice while wearing an IU jersey, but the guard said "You ain't getting in unless you have a badge or you're a brother or a father or something." I said, "Keion Brooks and Trayce Jackson Davis grew up with my family."  It didn't work, but please know that I tried on behalf of our Nation. 

I know the area where you live.  And yes, the OTC is like an armed fortress.

This has nothing to do with Brooks or Davis.... but.... loved to go to CC ice hockey  games in the Springs.  And understand that they are building a new on campus facility, and leaving the Broadmore World Stadium which seats something like 7,000.  The on campus facility will seat something like 3 K.  Intimate. I like that. Especially when they play the guys I have breakfast with from Denver U.

CC Partners with City on New Robson Arena • Colorado College

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Hoosier Guy said:

I expect IU to offer soon. Instant commit. Jumped from #122 to #80 in the latest Rivals rankings update. A recruit doesn’t luck into a big jump like that

Is that somewhat of a consensus from basketball people that IU will offer soon? 

2 minutes ago, Hoosier Guy said:

I would think it’s common knowledge. Big jump like that and he’s from the state. Not to mention the fact he’s from Bloomington

I hope you are right I just live minutes from there haven't really heard anything about an offer. I haven't talked to many people about things like that lately. I have not seen leal play but was hoping he would get an offer knowing how the staff has offered others only if serious about them.

Just now, Cutter said:

I hope you are right I just live minutes from there haven't really heard anything about an offer. I haven't talked to many people about things like that lately. I have not seen leal play but was hoping he would get an offer knowing how the staff has offered others only if serious about them.

I think the staff waited on Galloway because they wanted to see Leal this upcoming season. Looks like that turned out to be the right decision. Just as Leal went up 42 spots, Galloway went down 55 spots. I think it’s just a matter of time. He’d be a great get for IU

We played against them this summer. Granted it was a summer high school game, and he didn’t play great against us, but was def best player we played against all weekend. He’s sound, really fundamentally sound. Good shooter too, missed a few against us. But if you shoot 8 3’s, I bet you earned that green light somewhere...leal I mean 

I'll say the same thing I said last Winter. Give me guys like Keion all day long. My opinion hasn't changed one bit. The extra stuff that happened up at FW or moving schools...don't care one bit. This kid (unless I'm mistaken) has been consistent in his approach about representing his state. 

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

I'll say the same thing I said last Winter. Give me guys like Keion all day long. My opinion hasn't changed one bit. The extra stuff that happened up at FW or moving schools...don't care one bit. This kid (unless I'm mistaken) has been consistent in his approach about representing his state. 

I don't worry about what happen at FW but I don't trust his new school and worry about some wrong doing with La Lumiere.

6 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I don't worry about what happen at FW but I don't trust his new school and worry about some wrong doing with La Lumiere.

I'm hopeful that he and his family aren't in the same situation that most kids that are going to La Lu that we've seen from others. It's well known that La Lu has incentivized ($$) kids to go there....and to me what that does is signal to runners and agents and others behind the scenes is that kids that are there can be bought. Not saying all or most but to me it increases the pressure these families and kids are under when they get a giant bullseye on their back when they go to that type of school. So to me that makes these Indiana kids more suseptable to being influenced to go out of the state and play at programs that aren't afraid to grease the wheels if you catch my drift. Thankfully I don't see Keion and his family having that issue...can the same be said about the Stewarts and Ramsey's and others that end up at these schools...one only hopes. Bowen alone has shown how shady these schools are and we've all said it privately for years...it's why it leaves a bad taste in so many people's mouth when kids leave their high schools to go this route...they kind of go all Hollywood....well you might have a better chance to make it big in Hollywood but there are a ton of pitfalls there as well...especially to poor families that can be exploited. I'm just glad that I don't think the Brooks are a family that should be an issue with...however I can't say when kids go there it makes me feel better for our chances.

Archived