Keion Brooks Jr. Commits to UK

milehiiu

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, rico said:

The game has changed Scott.  Hell, they all do through the course of time.  

Which is exactly why I don't like the product I see on the court as much as I use to.  I like to see many styles of basketball but today it is pretty much every team playing the same way.  Another reason why I always enjoyed the college game over the pro game was that I hate the shot clock being at 24 seconds. I don't mind a shot clock but I would want it  back to 45 seconds in the college game because it would still allow teams to play many different styles.  even before the shot clock teams scored in the 80's and 90 and that was without the 3 as well.  To me when the shot clock is so short it does not allow teams to take good shots on every possession so that takes away some of the efficiency of the game.

7 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

To me if TJD was such a lock then why did he go to the trouble to announce a final 3

Enjoying the process I suppose.  And if Archie isn't certain they're a lock why isn't he really recruiting anyone else?  Watford, Hurt, and Stewart all seem like extreme longshots.

16 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

To me if TJD was such a lock then why did he go to the trouble to announce a final 3

This is standard stuff. No reason not to enjoy the process and fully vet your choice, it's a big one. It's the very rare kid who just picks a school and doesn't narrow it down for consideration. His picking a final 3 means nothing more than those are his final 3 choices from which he'll choose. All signs point to IU. Can always say anything can happen, these guys are high schoolers, of course, but finding a reason for worry because he announces a final 3 is not grounded in anything 

6 minutes ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

This is standard stuff. No reason not to enjoy the process and fully vet your choice, it's a big one. It's the very rare kid who just picks a school and doesn't narrow it down for consideration. His picking a final 3 means nothing more than those are his final 3 choices from which he'll choose. All signs point to IU. Can always say anything can happen, these guys are high schoolers, of course, but finding a reason for worry because he announces a final 3 is not grounded in anything 

I understand taking all of your 5 visits but never understood having to come out with you final 3 after all of your visits are completed

4 minutes ago, bluegrassIU said:

Can we please get back to NBA talk? There is too much recruiting discussion going on here.

What about the surprise 4th recruit we might get involved with ? 🙂 

I hit up 247 to see what was 'left' for combo cards and it's mostly west coast guys, one or two florida guys, one from GA, and one kentucky kid.

https://247sports.com/Player/Boogie-Ellis-46047755/

CB's for North Carolina so he might be willing to come here

https://247sports.com/Player/Cassius-Stanley-92755/

Highly doubt it.

https://247sports.com/Player/Marcus-Watson-45572921/

Here's the georgia kid. Like that he's 6'6.

https://247sports.com/Player/KyKy-Tandy-46035830/

Kentucky kid.

Yes, I'm procrastinating and don't want to buckle down and study lol.

20 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

If you listen to any recruit every visit is a great visit.  I wouldn't read much into it.

In homes are a different beast. That's a coach directly going out of his way. Plus Roy has a ton of clout and UNC is still UNC. Not panicking, I just don't like it is all.

5 minutes ago, CoachSS said:

UNC doing some very good things here behind the scenes. 

Basically telling him that a spot will be open for him to walk in and play right away. Coaching staff selling the UNC vision quite well. 

Will the distance be too big of a hurdle for a family that is so close? 

Really interesting to see what happens here. Indiana in as good of a spot as they have been but credit UNC for doing some good stuff here. 

Let's go Archie!!!!

Archived