Keion Brooks Jr. Commits to UK

milehiiu

27 minutes ago, CoachSS said:

UNC doing some very good things here behind the scenes. 

Basically telling him that a spot will be open for him to walk in and play right away. Coaching staff selling the UNC vision quite well. 

Will the distance be too big of a hurdle for a family that is so close? 

Really interesting to see what happens here. Indiana in as good of a spot as they have been but credit UNC for doing some good stuff here. 

As I've said all along the two biggest obstacles to us landing KBJ are Jerome Hunter and Justin Smith.

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, CoachSS said:

Basically telling him that a spot will be open for him to walk in and play right away. Coaching staff selling the UNC vision quite well. 

Really interesting to see what happens here. Indiana in as good of a spot as they have been but credit UNC for doing some good stuff here. 

Still expecting an early nov decision?

6 hours ago, CoachSS said:

Appreciate the insight, but if the #8 team convinces Brooks that he would play more there than on the #25 team, they are doing strong work.  Granted, both UNC and IU will look different next year but I'm having a hard time believing they don't maintain enough talent to create a PT opportunity no better than at IU.

2 hours ago, FKIM01 said:

...and seriously...how on earth do intelligent players buy into that "garsh-golly-gee-pass-me-another-Coca-Cola" line of BS?  Roy's hokey act turned me off well before his fake AFAM classes were known.

Bet you he doesn’t put on that BS act for the players... that’s all for the media, I’d guess.

34 minutes ago, OGIUAndy said:

I don't know if what Roy does is much worse than the God fearing stuff that Crean did. I bet that turned off some recruits more than you think. Not everyone is all about Jesus all the time. 

This will piss a lot of people off... but I heard from a former manager that the over-the-top religious stuff was just an act Crean put on to get Zeller, lol

1 hour ago, FW_Hoosier said:

This will piss a lot of people off... but I heard from a former manager that the over-the-top religious stuff was just an act Crean put on to get Zeller, lol

I don't think that's entirely true or false.  Crean himself made reference to cleaning up his language around the time he was recruiting Zeller.  I don't doubt he's generally a God-fearing man, but I also don't doubt he was on his best behavior around the Zellers.

...and in reference to @OGIUAndy, I'd guess it helped more than it hurt, but without a doubt, it likely turned at least a few recruits off, especially if they saw him get overly zealous about it.  I have a personal rule about not using Christianity to sell.  That always set off warning flags for me when I was on the receiving end.  First question I have when someone lays the holy roller act on me is "what are you hiding?"

Archived