Keion Brooks Jr. Commits to UK

milehiiu

15 minutes ago, ArchieBall13 said:

Love the enthusiasm...but let's not race out too far ahead. Trust me I've been on the more bullish side of projections this year, but the only wins/losses body of work so far is not making the NIT...

I think you missed this part..... ' If Archie can manage to win one within the next two to three years" He didnt say When Archie wins one.

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, ArchieBall13 said:

Love the enthusiasm...but let's not race out too far ahead. Trust me I've been on the more bullish side of projections this year, but the only wins/losses body of work so far is not making the NIT...

Body of work with a terrible roster. One that he coached into a top 50 defensive team. Much improved talent this year.

This year is huge. I think Coach Miller is the real deal and will make huge strides this year.  He needs that to keep the recruiting (in-flow) coming. I think he's the same type of coach as Knight (when coach Knight came to IU) and I think he's going to blow it up. But make NO mistake this year is BIG.

6 minutes ago, Ranger78 said:

This year is huge. I think Coach Miller is the real deal and will make huge strides this year.  He needs that to keep the recruiting (in-flow) coming. I think he's the same type of coach as Knight (when coach Knight came to IU) and I think he's going to blow it up. But make NO mistake this year is BIG.

Good post.  I see you have been around a while, it's great to see you engaging and I agree with you.

5 hours ago, ADegenerate said:

Whether we like it or not UK is the destination school. I Think emotions can run high and things can happen quickly. Cal is on a mission right now. Projections have them getting a record 7 possible all American players. I want us in  these battles so I’m kind of sitting back here neutrally right now.

Never underestimate Cal.  He's the best closer in college basketball history.  And I could definitely see him making a strong push for Brooks even if there are guys he could land that he might deem better.  He hasn't forgotten the Watshot and I assure you he'd love to stick it to IU any way he can.  He doesn't want Archie getting any momentum either.

6 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

Never underestimate Cal.  He's the best closer in college basketball history.  And I could definitely see him making a strong push for Brooks even if there are guys he could land that he might deem better.  He hasn't forgotten the Watshot and I assure you he'd love to stick it to IU any way he can.  He doesn't want Archie getting any momentum either.

I'm not sure the Watshot is something driving this recruitment, but I agree with you ==> Cal is a great closer. If he makes Brooks a priority, we should take notice.  I'm not sure Cal's ego would let him be concerned with Coach Miller, but I'm just guessing here. He might be that in-tune with coaches in his area, but I don't know.

2 hours ago, ArchieBall13 said:

While I completely understand what you’re saying, I believe you may have misinterpreted my comment. I look for us to make strides and feel like we should be a lot better this season, than we were last year. But that brings me back to my point... winning changes everything. IF, and I do mean if... Archie can continue to build momentum and sustain success at a high level, then we’ll start reaping via recruiting. Right now, Archie is selling the idea of bringing Indiana back to what it once was. Once he accomplishes that, we’ll have fluidity back in our program. That’s something that Crean couldn’t make happen. CTC would land a couple of nice recruits one year, then strike out the next. While also losing kids to transfer, poor decisions etc.

https://247sports.com/college/basketball/recruiting/Article/Top-20-prospect-Keion-Brooks-sets-his-official-visit-for-Kentucky-122604977/

Updated official visit schedule:

8/31 - UCLA

9/28 - IU

10/20 - UK

11/2 - UNC

Final visit is between MSU and Purdue, with it expected to be MSU. I wonder if Keion will give Purdue the TJD unofficial treatment...

1 minute ago, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

https://247sports.com/college/basketball/recruiting/Article/Top-20-prospect-Keion-Brooks-sets-his-official-visit-for-Kentucky-122604977/

8/31 - UCLA

9/28 - IU

10/20 - UK

11/2 - UNC

Final visit is between MSU and Purdue, with it expected to be MSU. I wonder if Keion will give Purdue the TJD unofficial treatment...

Yeah Purdue is getting that treatment again. It’s really funny

42 minutes ago, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

8/31 - UCLA

9/28 - IU

10/20 - UK

11/2 - UNC

Don’t love being so early in the visit list... But I guess that’s just the way the cookie crumbles with HH happening so early this year.

46 minutes ago, FW_Hoosier said:

Don’t love being so early in the visit list... But I guess that’s just the way the cookie crumbles with HH happening so early this year.

Don’t love it either. I’m sure we’ll get the last crack and if we miss out then we miss out. If you want a positive spin UK isn’t last. That’s the only one that worries me.

1 hour ago, ADegenerate said:

Don’t love it either. I’m sure we’ll get the last crack and if we miss out then we miss out. If you want a positive spin UK isn’t last. That’s the only one that worries me.

UK already has a SF better than Brooks committed.  That's a plus.  But we have Jerome Hunter and Justin Smith.

2 hours ago, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

8/31 - UCLA

9/28 - IU

10/20 - UK

11/2 - UNC

Dislikes - IU not last

Likes - MSU still isn't even locked in for an official visit yet...I thought they were our biggest competition to get him but maybe not. Granted, PU will obviously not get the last official :coffee:

Archived