Keion Brooks Jr. Commits to UK

milehiiu

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, OGIUAndy said:

I really want him. I think getting players from Fort Wayne would be a big indication of just how well Miller can recruit. A big season this year, and I think we'll be set up to be the IU of old= winning a lot. 

I would think that plucking a kid off of Purdue's front yard and then  pluck one from the shadows of the "Golden Dome" would already show that?  But yeah, it would be nice to start getting getting The Fort's kids.

16 minutes ago, rico said:

I would think that plucking a kid off of Purdue's front yard and then  pluck one from the shadows of the "Golden Dome" would already show that?  But yeah, it would be nice to start getting getting The Fort's kids.

I dont care where they come from. I just want the best in state talent and out of state kids that fit what CAM wants for our program. If by some chance in doing so we stick it to Purdue thats even better

2 hours ago, 5 championships said:

247 just put out an article on Brooks talking about his visit.. can we get a summary of what it says?

Biggest impact of the visit was Romeo. Romeo proved to Keion that Archie isn't just a salesman, what he tells Keion is the truth. Keion loves the aspect of IU from the standpoint of what it will offer him being a member of the family even after he's done with school.

Definitely positive for IU.

I love how Indiana kids are selling the program to the other Indiana kids. Clearly we want KBJ and TJD...but I hope the program continues to be appealing to outside kids like Hunter, Forester, and Thompson. I can see how a bunch of kids that know each other a lot already would be intimidating for an outsider to walk into and decide if he wants to go to school there. I know I'm just overreacting possibly but I hope the program doesn't become to heavily one-sided with where we get our kids. A nice 50-50 would seem to work....of course the half we get need to be the best half of our state!

9 minutes ago, dgambill said:

I love how Indiana kids are selling the program to the other Indiana kids. Clearly we want KBJ and TJD...but I hope the program continues to be appealing to outside kids like Hunter, Forester, and Thompson. I can see how a bunch of kids that know each other a lot already would be intimidating for an outsider to walk into and decide if he wants to go to school there. I know I'm just overreacting possibly but I hope the program doesn't become to heavily one-sided with where we get our kids. A nice 50-50 would seem to work....of course the half we get need to be the best half of our state!

I see what you are saying and i personally would not mind a 90/10 split to be honest.

1 minute ago, Billingsley99 said:

I see what you are saying and i personally would not mind a 90/10 split to be honest.

It's going to swing a bit from time to time...and I think because we have had a drought in regards to our best players in the state for a number of years so perhaps our eyes are bigger than our stomachs lol...but I think for the best mix results wise it should be something like 50-50 or 60-40 Indiana boys.

Next year we would likely have

Phinesse, Anderson, Armaan, TJD*, KBJ* not counting the walk-ons....so that still isn't 50-50 so we still have room....but 90-10...I'm not sure there is enough talent across the state (especially big men) to warrant that mix. Perhaps there is...but not sure realistically we could land enough talent from our state alone to win it all that way or stay at the top long term. As we will sit next year we would still have room for 2-3 more Indiana players and still be around my mark.

8 minutes ago, dgambill said:

It's going to swing a bit from time to time...and I think because we have had a drought in regards to our best players in the state for a number of years so perhaps our eyes are bigger than our stomachs lol...but I think for the best mix results wise it should be something like 50-50 or 60-40 Indiana boys.

Next year we would likely have

Phinesse, Anderson, Armaan, TJD*, KBJ* not counting the walk-ons....so that still isn't 50-50 so we still have room....but 90-10...I'm not sure there is enough talent across the state (especially big men) to warrant that mix. Perhaps there is...but not sure realistically we could land enough talent from our state alone to win it all that way or stay at the top long term. As we will sit next year we would still have room for 2-3 more Indiana players and still be around my mark.

Mostly tongue in cheek but that keeps good players from going to PU and other BIG ten programs  

1 hour ago, Billingsley99 said:

Mostly tongue in cheek but that keeps good players from going to PU and other BIG ten programs  

Or they just end up with the good out of state players that we would pass on....I mean I sure wouldn't want to be without the good ones we have gotten over the years just for another Indiana kid....but the fact is..as you imply....we could still use a couple more Indiana kids on this team and still be sitting pretty good indeed and I won't be opposed to that! I think Archie is enjoying the in-state success we are having and it just so happens that this year it is mostly local kids that we are in on more so then the out of state guys. I mean last year was a pretty even mix if you count Race.

2 hours ago, dgambill said:

With AAU and all the summer competitions, I don't think that any of the kids at the level we are recruiting would be "strangers." These kids have been competing with/against each other for a number of years.

I think that it would be a rare occasion where a kid CAM is focusing on would come to Bloomington out of the blue 

Archived