Keion Brooks Jr. Commits to UK

milehiiu

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just so everyone is clear, Stewart isn’t an IU lean, or anything like that.  He’s simply reconsidering us and that alone is a positive. He’s not the possible surprise recruit either.....hint hint

edit-Sorry to derail KBJs thread but the talk about it was here. Feel free to move where anyone sees fit.  

9 minutes ago, IUwins0708 said:

Just so everyone is clear, Stewart isn’t an IU lean, or anything like that.  He’s simply reconsidering us and that alone is a positive. He’s not the possible surprise recruit either.....hint hint

edit-Sorry to derail KBJs thread but the talk about it was here. Feel free to move where anyone sees fit.  

You working on some PM’s? ;)

25 minutes ago, IUwins0708 said:

I hAve no clue how this pm works but if you send any please send me one too!      Hopefully there instructions on how to retrieve it. LOL

As soon as I get enough info to know it’s legit I’ll pass it along to everyone. Until then please stop the PM’s.  I don’t have that much time to get back with each of you.  It could be a while before we know about this recruit for sure, like spring signing period.  If Stewart shows enough interest he will be the last scholly given out next year.  Archie likes balanced classes so he’s not going to take a 5 man class, at least from what I’m told.

2 minutes ago, IUwins0708 said:

As soon as I get enough info to know it’s legit I’ll pass it along to everyone. Until then please stop the PM’s.  I don’t have that much time to get back with each of you.  It could be a while before we know about this recruit for sure, like spring signing period.  If Stewart shows enough interest he will be the last scholly given out next year.  Archie likes balanced classes so he’s not going to take a 5 man class, at least from what I’m told.

Thank you!

Given that Romeo will likely go pro, I have no problem getting excited about Brooks.  And, as many have said, should we be blessed enough to have him stay another season, a transfer is certainly a possibility.  But, anything beyond the one oversign is being foolish on my opinion.

First, despite getting burned badly by The Movement, here we are again acting like kids at a candy store for recruits that have not played one minute of college ball.  Secondly, constantly wanting to grab the next shiny new thing ignores the value of having players that are familiar with the system.  How many freshmen actually average 15 point or grab 8 boards a game?  And, does that necessarily make the team better, or are they simply taking stats away from experienced players that also bring intangibles to the table that the freshman can't match.

There are 13 scholarships available.  A well-balanced team will play 9 or 10.  That averages to 2-3 per class that are getting meaningful minutes.  A 4-5 player freshman class full of Top 100 recruits ensures that there will not be enough PT to go around if there is any sort of upper-class presence at all.

31 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

......here we are again acting like kids at a candy store for recruits that have not played one minute of college ball.  

I think the reason people are onboard with this is because we currently have kids on the team who can’t even get in games against weak competition or when we’ve been pretty thin due to injuries.  I would gladly oversign a kid like Stewart and take my chances with him being better than the player who can’t see the floor now.  If we have 12 guys who are studs it gives you great flexibility if kids get hurt or aren’t playing well.

6 minutes ago, StLHoosier said:

I think the reason people are onboard with this is because we currently have kids on the team who can’t even get in games against weak competition or when we’ve been pretty thin due to injuries.  I would gladly oversign a kid like Stewart and take my chances with him being better than the player who can’t see the floor now.  If we have 12 guys who are studs it gives you great flexibility if kids get hurt or aren’t playing well.

I think Moore and Forrester not getting PT has as much to do with coaching philosophy as it does ability.  Forrester seems to have a good motor while Moore would appear to have the potential to be a contributor on the defensive end of the floor as a rim protector.  

1 hour ago, IUwins0708 said:

To hear Stewart is reconsidering IU is already interesting and positive enough. Thanks for the info!

1 hour ago, IUwins0708 said:

Thanks!

23 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

I think Moore and Forrester not getting PT has as much to do with coaching philosophy as it does ability.  Forrester seems to have a good motor while Moore would appear to have the potential to be a contributor on the defensive end of the floor as a rim protector.  

Philosophy or not, when we've been as thin as we have been, you would think that they would get some playing time.  It baffles me how they haven't seen the floor except for a couple of times against our weakest OOC opponents.  I would think Forrester has a little more leeway with CAM than Moore does given that CAM recruited him, but it does make you wonder what's going on.

1 minute ago, StLHoosier said:

Philosophy or not, when we've been as thin as we have been, you would think that they would get some playing time.  It baffles me how they haven't seen the floor except for a couple of times against our weakest OOC opponents.  I would think Forrester has a little more leeway with CAM than Moore does given that CAM recruited him, but it does make you wonder what's going on.

The only thing I can figure with Moore is he kicked Archie's dog or something.  It's not like he's been a train wreck when he's played.  He's actually looked decent and had moments of productivity.  

39 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

The only thing I can figure with Moore is he kicked Archie's dog or something.  It's not like he's been a train wreck when he's played.  He's actually looked decent and had moments of productivity.  

I think it's obvious they want Moore to transfer and are trying to give him a hint.  He's just not going to play here.

8 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

I think it's obvious they want Moore to transfer and are trying to give him a hint.  He's just not going to play here.

You are probably right.  I just don't understand why.  For a 13th man (14th if you count the walk-on McRoberrts), Moore seems to have some skill and has been productive when he has played.  What more is Archie looking for from the last man on the bench?

I don't think coaches go in thinking this person will transfer but sees what these players do in practice every day.  If the coaches think they have not practiced well enough to play they will not get in the game.  Also I am not one who thinks we need 13 players who are all high school All Americans either.  The 11th -13th player needs to be good high basketball IQ players who will know their roles on the team.  If you have all of your players thinking they should be the man without working for it then you start having chemistry problems.

21 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I don't think coaches go in thinking this person will transfer but sees what these players do in practice every day.  If the coaches think they have not practiced well enough to play they will not get in the game.  Also I am not one who thinks we need 13 players who are all high school All Americans either.  The 11th -13th player needs to be good high basketball IQ players who will know their roles on the team.  If you have all of your players thinking they should be the man without working for it then you start having chemistry problems.

So you’re saying 1-10 should be All Americans? 😜

15 minutes ago, Danomatic said:

So you’re saying 1-10 should be All Americans? 😜

I think those 10 should be mainly 4 stars with a few 5 stars mixed in.  I really would like to build the roster like UNC or Villanova has over the last few years.  they both get some 5 star players but not the ones that are one and done players.

54 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

You are probably right.  I just don't understand why.  For a 13th man (14th if you count the walk-on McRoberrts), Moore seems to have some skill and has been productive when he has played.  What more is Archie looking for from the last man on the bench?

At this point Moore is almost certainly going to have to transfer or get creaned or Gelon'ed -- whatever you want to call it. Assuming Brooks signs (knock on wood) we will have to have a transfer. People might think I'm crazy, but I'm still not 100% sure Romeo is OAD - do I think he is? Absolutely. But I wouldn't put all my eggs in that basket just yet.  It is no secret that he, TJD, Brooks, Phinisee, Franklin etc...are all good friends and with them together and another year under Archie's system you would think the goal is National Championship. Just sayin'...

With that said - I don't think it is out of the realm of possibility that we have 2 transfers.

45 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

This is correct. It's no secret - As I believe Archie has said it before - that he rewards players with playing time with how they perform in practice

24 minutes ago, Hoosier987 said:

At this point Moore is almost certainly going to have to transfer or get creaned or Gelon'ed -- whatever you want to call it. Assuming Brooks signs (knock on wood) we will have to have a transfer. People might think I'm crazy, but I'm still not 100% sure Romeo is OAD - do I think he is? Absolutely. But I wouldn't put all my eggs in that basket just yet.  It is no secret that he, TJD, Brooks, Phinisee, Franklin etc...are all good friends and with them together and another year under Archie's system you would think the goal is National Championship. Just sayin'...

With that said - I don't think it is out of the realm of possibility that we have 2 transfers.

I would not bet the farm that RL is a one and done. A championship means something to this young man 

Archived