2019 MLB Discussion

rico

You know, the more I look at it, the more I'm convinced that if the Nats win the wild card game, they have a good chance if beating the Dodgers in the division series...

Scherzer will start for the Nats today vs Milwaukee. If they win, they'd start Strausburg in game one, Corbin in game two, and Scherzer again (on full rest) in game three. 

That, coupled with the fact Jansen has been getting beaten up, and the Nats are a good hitting team (led the NL in team BA), makes me think it's not going to be a Dodger cake walk. 

As long as the Nats don't have to go to their pen too often...

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
57 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Looks like the Reds are not bringing back their hitting coach Turner Ward.  The Reds offense was horrible except for the 1st inning so it was probably good to bring another hitting coach in.

Barry Larkin step right up...

2 hours ago, IU Scott said:

Looks like the Reds are not bringing back their hitting coach Turner Ward.  The Reds offense was horrible except for the 1st inning so it was probably good to bring another hitting coach in.

So, have Ward be the hitting coach for the first inning, then let someone else do it for the rest of the game. :coffee: 

Just now, rico said:

Or they are shopping Nick?

That entered my mind.  I'll confess, I was underwhelmed.  Just did not see anything that warranted the amount of hype he was receiving.  Trade him now while there are still believers instead of waiting until everyone knows better?  I can see that.

2 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

That entered my mind.  I'll confess, I was underwhelmed.  Just did not see anything that warranted the amount of hype he was receiving.  Trade him now while there are still believers instead of waiting until everyone knows better?  I can see that.

That is what  I am thinking...but I ain't Peter Gammons.

7 hours ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

Anyone find it funny that Harper and the Phillies are not in the playoffs and yet his former team, the Nationals are moving' on?

More than any other sport, baseball success is not driven by a single player.  And, even if he had stayed with the Nationals, Harper would not have been their best player (or, even 2nd best).  If I was picking guys off the playground, I would certainly pick Rendon and Scherzer ahead of Harper.  Maybe a couple of other guys as well.  

6 hours ago, IU Scott said:

Now he is tweeting the Reds will go after Grandal to play Catcher

Come play for us even though we didn't think you were worth keeping about 8 years ago.  Not sure how that will work.

Anyway, I expect he will get a bigger offer from a bigger market team.

9 hours ago, 5fouls said:

How about 2 Andrean guys facing each other.  Manaea strikes out Brosseau.

Yeah, I heard the announcers talking about that. It had to be a little surreal for them.

And I didn't know Manaea went to Indiana State. From Terre Haute to Oakland.

Nice upgrade 😁...

Archived