2019 MLB Discussion

rico

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Not sure why Baldelli started a rookie in game 2 instead of Odorizzi. Twins couldn’t afford to go down 0-2, but that is exactly what happened 

Didn't know the back story on Randy Dobnak. Kid was ubering this past spring for extra cash and now started game 2 at Yankee Stadium. Not sure if I agree that was the best place to get his feet wet but what a story. 

6 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Yes he is. Be interesting to see the FA bidding on him...

Scherzer deal was 7 years/$210M....can't imagine it being less but Cole is 29 and Darvish at age 31 signed 6 year/$126M deal with Cubs. My guess is if Houston doesn't back up the truck he probably ends back in native SoCal. 

His stuff is probably as good as anyone's in the game right now. Between he and Verlander hard to beat the Astros when you can almost lock in 4 wins with them in a 7 game series.

12 minutes ago, rico said:

We shall see if he goes for the money or chooses to remain with a winner...

I think the teams who will be bidding for him will be winners. Besides Astros can't imagine Dodgers, Yankees, and Cubs at least not sniffing around. Red Sox are in luxury tax problems so they can't. 

9 hours ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Braves should thank their lucky stars for that win tonight lol. 

And Shildt and Carlos Martinez.

Martinez came in and got raked. First pitch to Swanson after Shildt's brilliant move of intentionally walking the Brian McCann, he hangs a slider. Big league hitters don't miss those.

Then, if course, after Duvall unties it, Martinez goes all tough guy on Acuna. Typical...

Archived