2019 MLB Discussion

rico

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
31 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

$15 tickets for Cardinals home playoff game in case anyone wants to go! #bestfansinbaseball 

Nice thing about being a Cardinal fan. You can go to a playoff game and not have to pay a small fortune since they frequently make deep playoff runs. Cubs on the other hand people have to pay crazy prices because who knows how long they’ll have to wait until the opportunity will come around again.

25 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Nice thing about being a Cardinal fan. You can go to a playoff game and not have to pay a small fortune since they frequently make deep playoff runs. Cubs on the other hand people have to pay crazy prices because who knows how long they’ll have to wait until the opportunity will come around again.

Yeah, has nothing to do with the Chicago metro area being 4 times larger than St Louis, I'm sure...🙄

11 hours ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Frequently? This is first time in 4 years you've made playoffs. Regarding Cubs...not only have we made the playoffs the past 4 years but our fans I'd say outnumber Cardinals fans somewhere in the 10-1 department...probably higher. Usually has an impact on supply and demand for ticket prices. 

16 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Frequently? This is first time in 4 years you've made playoffs. Regarding Cubs...not only have we made the playoffs the past 4 years but our fans I'd say outnumber Cardinals fans somewhere in the 10-1 department...probably higher. Usually has an impact on supply and demand for ticket prices. 

Why do you think the Cardinals have higher attendance than the Cubs every year?

7 hours ago, TheWatShot said:

I can't believe Anibal Sanchez was that close to a no-hitter. The Tigers got rid of him two years ago even though it meant paying his buyout last year; they just wanted him gone because he was so terrible.

Great stuff.  So, we just need Scherzer, Strasburg, and Corbin to do Scherzer, Strasburg, and Corbin like things and I will be able to watch the World Series.  

6 minutes ago, rico said:

Am I right in thinking that only the Nats and Mariners are the only teams that have never appeared in a WS?

I think that sounds right. Besides the Cubs when I really fell in love with baseball was Pirates/Orioles series. Maybe I'm wrong but I don't either of those teams have been back since 79. Maybe the Orioles did one other time.

Edit-Had to go look. Forgot about Orioles/Phillies  I95 series.

1 minute ago, Seeking6 said:

I think that sounds right. Besides the Cubs when I really fell in love with baseball was Pirates/Orioles series. Maybe I'm wrong but I don't either of those teams have been back since 79. Maybe the Orioles did one other time.

Rico is correct.

And the Orioles beat the Phillies in 83.

7 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Rico is correct.

And the Orioles beat the Phillies in 83.

Fun to go back and look up. Brewers last was 82. What a time. Hard to describe to a non baseball fan how exciting it was for a kid to get out of school, get dropped off by the bus and run home to watch the final innings of playoff baseball because the games had already started. Not like Yankees/Astros game for example where the final will end around 1130 EST if lucky.

16 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Fun to go back and look up. Brewers last was 82. What a time. Hard to describe to a non baseball fan how exciting it was for a kid to get out of school, get dropped off by the bus and run home to watch the final innings of playoff baseball because the games had already started. Not like Yankees/Astros game for example where the final will end around 1130 EST if lucky.

I was at game 7 in St Louis for the last Brewers World Series (loss). Use to have about a 2 inch square piece of the old Busch Stadium astroturf somewhere.

Lacledes Landing was crazy that night. Bars were sending trays of champagne out to the massive crowd on the street. 

I've never been a Cards fan, but that was a fun night...

5 hours ago, 5fouls said:

Great stuff.  So, we just need Scherzer, Strasburg, and Corbin to do Scherzer, Strasburg, and Corbin like things and I will be able to watch the World Series.  

As a Tigers fan, Scherzer was always one of my faves. It's kind of bittersweet seeing these former Tigers pitching in October, remembering their days of getting the Tigers to 3 straight ALCS and thinking about where the team is now.

5 hours ago, TheWatShot said:

As a Tigers fan, Scherzer was always one of my faves. It's kind of bittersweet seeing these former Tigers pitching in October, remembering their days of getting the Tigers to 3 straight ALCS and thinking about where the team is now.

Scherzer sure looked great today. 1 hit over 7 innings with 11 Ks.

Looking bleak for the Redbirds... 

14 hours ago, Stlboiler23 said:

The season has already been a success. Made a nice postseason run and beat a team that won 97 games. Still have a lot of questions on offense. 

I'm sure Schildt thinks it is, because I believe if they hadn't made their playoff run, he'd be looking for a job.

My wife's family are all Cardinal fans. Some have season tickets. A successful season to them is at least making the World Series.

15 hours ago, Stlboiler23 said:

The season has already been a success. Made a nice postseason run and beat a team that won 97 games. Still have a lot of questions on offense. 

Not over yet and as a Reds fan that remember that the Reds lost a series being up 2-0 in a 5 game series.

Archived