2019 MLB Discussion

rico

42 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Those are few and far between and he was trying to get the Cardinals going there. 

Also don’t think he’s borderline either. 

Brandon Phillips, Torey Lovullo, Adrian Gonzales, and now Cole Hamels and that's just off the top of my head.

Sorry, not isolated. 

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Did I say isolated? I said few and far between. The one with Phillips was 9 years ago lol. 

Brandon was a guy that had plenty of "swagger" himself.  Much to do about nothing in my opinion.  Yadier is a stud.  I will never bad mouth the guy.

1 hour ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Did I say isolated? I said few and far between. The one with Phillips was 9 years ago lol. 

It's a pattern of behavior. Like Madfon said earlier in the year, you have 2 choices...go to the mound or take your base. 

The chirping is a "tough-guy" move for show. I don't care for that...

Also noticed as part of the pattern, he makes sure there's an ump conveniently close to intervene when he pulls this stuff.

4 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

It's a pattern of behavior. Like Madfon said earlier in the year, you have 2 choices...go to the mound or take your base. 

The chirping is a "tough-guy" move for show. I don't care for that...

Also noticed as part of the pattern, he makes sure there's an ump conveniently close to intervene when he pulls this stuff.

We can agree to disagree here. I’m assuming if you think this way of Yadi, your opinion can’t be too high on guys like Baez and Contreras?

2 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

We can agree to disagree here. I’m assuming if you think this way of Yadi, your opinion can’t be too high on guys like Baez and Contreras?

I've never seen either Baez or Contreas chirp just to act like a tough guy...and if I did, I'd call it a punk move...

16 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

If you haven’t seen it, you haven’t been paying close enough attention. They chirp just like Yadi does. 

I know one thing...I'm not so blinded by my fandom that I won't acknowledge crappy behavior by a player on a team I root for...Carlos Zambrano pulled plenty of punk stuff (although his never seemed calculated)...Michael Barrett? Total punk...

There are times in baseball where action needs to be taken (Pudge Fisk and Deion Sanders comes to mind) but getting grazed on the elbow of a pitch you had no intention of getting out of the way of, then barking at the pitcher isn't one of them...

4 hours ago, Stlboiler23 said:

If you haven’t seen it, you haven’t been paying close enough attention. They chirp just like Yadi does. 

The guy got his uniform grazed by a pitch in his mid-section, and started chirping about it going to 1B.  That's fine, but the ball wasn't even close to doing him any damage.  But then he charges the mound like Hammels had been head-hunting which ends up in a bench clearing incident.  That's not OK.

8 minutes ago, slojoe said:

The guy got his uniform grazed by a pitch in his mid-section, and started chirping about it going to 1B.  That's fine, but the ball wasn't even close to doing him any damage.  But then he charges the mound like Hammels had been head-hunting which ends up in a bench clearing incident.  That's not OK.

Before he went he gave Lucroy and the ump plenty of time to get between them...

2 minutes ago, rico said:

So you are saying he used the old "Rico tactic?"  Always worked for me in school!  LOL

LOL...

Yeah, he did it for show, just like every other time I've seen his tough guy act...Hamels took more steps towards him than he did toward Cole...

He's no Rougned Odor...

Archived