NBA Thread

38 minutes ago, rico said:

I don't know.  The pieces are looking pretty dang good to me right now.

You’re going to lose him for nothing after the season. He has had numerous conversations in the press about wanting traded and mentioned the Lakers should come after him. Considering all the years he has complained about not being the “man” on our team and being a “complimentary” piece I think he is signing elsewhere next year.

18 minutes ago, dgambill said:

You’re going to lose him for nothing after the season. 

Has that ever stopped the Pacers from letting a guys co tract expire and walk for nothing before?

The Pacers and colts need to figure out a proper tank when it is starring you in the face.  When Oladipo went down for instance.  Season over, 2 or 3 solid pieces that would have fetched late 1st rounders and that let them walk.  Thad being one of them.  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

Has that ever stopped the Pacers from letting a guys co tract expire and walk for nothing before?

The Pacers and colts need to figure out a proper tank when it is starring you in the face.  When Oladipo went down for instance.  Season over, 2 or 3 solid pieces that would have fetched late 1st rounders and that let them walk.  Thad being one of them.  

Yeah…I get that they may want to sell tickets and get a 7-8 seed but in the end the smart business maybe isnt to tank and teach guys you don’t care about winning and losing…but it’s still a business and the goal in the end will be to do what will strengthen the team long term. 

48 minutes ago, dgambill said:

You’re going to lose him for nothing after the season. He has had numerous conversations in the press about wanting traded and mentioned the Lakers should come after him. Considering all the years he has complained about not being the “man” on our team and being a “complimentary” piece I think he is signing elsewhere next year.

One thing that could happen is that they keep him until the end of the year and then could do a sign and trade after the season.  If they can't get what they want at the deadline and they are in the playoffs there is no need to just trade him.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Yeah…I get that they may want to sell tickets and get a 7-8 seed but in the end the smart business maybe isnt to tank and teach guys you don’t care about winning and losing…but it’s still a business and the goal in the end will be to do what will strengthen the team long term. 

Maybe I am looking at things wrong?  A quarter of the way through the season and the Pacers are sitting in 4th place.  As it stands right now they are on a pace to get just shy of 50 wins.  It appears what they got going is working.  

1 minute ago, rico said:

Maybe I am looking at things wrong?  A quarter of the way through the season and the Pacers are sitting in 4th place.  As it stands right now they are on a pace to get just shy of 50 wins.  It appears what they got going is working.  

One thing to look at is that their schedule hasn't been that hard so far. I think I heard from now until the end of December every team they will play is at .500 or better.

3 hours ago, rico said:

Let’s see where they sit at the half way point. I have no doubt they won’t move him if they are in the playoff hunt..but imo they should. This isn’t a championship caliber team. Everyone knows that. You have to see the big picture. Obviously if his trade value isn’t what it should be then of course you ride it out and either try to re-sign or do a sign and trade but you’ve been trying to trade him for 3 years…he knows that and hasn’t been happy…he has been taking about going somewhere else…I think you have to put everything in proper context. The way the Pacers operate they will try to get that playoff money.

15 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Let’s see where they sit at the half way point. I have no doubt they won’t move him if they are in the playoff hunt..but imo they should. This isn’t a championship caliber team. Everyone knows that. You have to see the big picture. Obviously if his trade value isn’t what it should be then of course you ride it out and either try to re-sign or do a sign and trade but you’ve been trying to trade him for 3 years…he knows that and hasn’t been happy…he has been taking about going somewhere else…I think you have to put everything in proper context. The way the Pacers operate they will try to get that playoff money.

I agree they should unless they think they're resigning him, but also agree they won't. 

• Like 1

On 11/30/2022 at 4:04 PM, NotIThatLives said:

When PG13 broke his leg I said sell everything!  Roy & West would have gotten you something 

they are scared to lose fans so .500 is goal 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

10 hours ago, dgambill said:

If they avoid injuries they will get over the hump this time. Best team in the nba.

Yup, hoping we stay healthy. Getting Rob Williams back soon, though a total crapshoot if he's still healthy come playoff time. 

Nice note on Tatum, I'd say he's elite 🤣

https://twitter.com/SeanGrandePBP/status/1601482086501666817?t=atEUmvqrx0gNkg_S4ygo2A&s=19

• Like 2

21 hours ago, IU Scott said:

How in the world did the Pacers lose at home to the Nets when they played without their top 8 players.

Because they aren’t really that good. You can win a lot or regular season games in the nba with just effort alone…especially when so many teams rest their stars or are tanking. In the end we still need to stack picks and prepare for our future. Moving Turner and Heild should be a priority…there is no point in scratching and clawing for an 8 seed.

3 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Because they aren’t really that good. You can win a lot or regular season games in the nba with just effort alone…especially when so many teams rest their stars or are tanking. In the end we still need to stack picks and prepare for our future. Moving Turner and Heild should be a priority…there is no point in scratching and clawing for an 8 seed.

Last night the Pacers were the best team and should have won . Still 14-12

10 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Last night the Pacers were the best team and should have won . Still 14-12

Yeah…nba finals here we come. S/c This team has a lot of young energy but nba regular season and post season are two different animals. This team would get swept in the first rd by any team they faced. I’m happy we got some young hungry players…some have potential…but we are far from a playoff caliber team.

Edited by dgambill