NBA Thread

I really love this Pacers core - I don't think this start is a fluke but the schedule has certainly been soft. Although I think it's highly unlikely we get a top 5 pick, we do have 3 first rounders next season and can hopefully move up.

This team is giving me some Memphis vibes in terms of a really talented young core built around a dynamic backcourt. Not saying Hali and Benni are Ja and Bane level, but I'm also not sure they can't be that good as a combo. If Turner keeps playing this way I'd definitely be interested in bringing him back if he wants to be here.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, KoB2011 said:

I really love this Pacers core - I don't think this start is a fluke but the schedule has certainly been soft. Although I think it's highly unlikely we get a top 5 pick, we do have 3 first rounders next season and can hopefully move up.

This team is giving me some Memphis vibes in terms of a really talented young core built around a dynamic backcourt. Not saying Hali and Benni are Ja and Bane level, but I'm also not sure they can't be that good as a combo. If Turner keeps playing this way I'd definitely be interested in bringing him back if he wants to be here.

50+ wins?

Minny marked start of more challenging schedule compared to first part of season. T-Wolves have a very strong starting 5 - very long, athletic, big. They also played out of their minds.

Pacers played pretty poorly, yet were still hanging around in the 4th. After tonight v. Nets have the big Left-Coast trip (7 games?). That's going to be a major test. Not sure they win more than 2. 3 would be a solid showing honestly.

Think the league got a good sense of how to defend Haliburton. He needs more time/space than the average player to get off his jumper. If you have the luxury of a long, athletic, physical defender on a point guard (like Wolves), get up into him and take away the jumper. Then make him work to beat you off the dribble.

Man, these Pacers are sure fun to watch! They really look like they are having a lot of fun. They are young and have that "fighters mentality" that we have seen in long time. I loved the buzzer beater 3 by Andrew Nembhard to beat the Lakers!

https://www.espn.com/nba/recap/_/gameId/401468463

Edited by Artesian_86

1 hour ago, Artesian_86 said:

Man, these Pacers are sure fun to watch! They really look like they are having a lot of fun. They are young and have that "fighters mentality" that we have seen in long time. I loved the buzzer beater 3 by Andrew Nembhard to beat the Lakers!

https://www.espn.com/nba/recap/_/gameId/401468463

Yeah this team is a lot of fun and will be for a long time. Obviously Halliburton and Mathurin are the two stars/future stars, but the roleplayers we will control for a long time are all really promising. Nembhard was a great second round pick, Nesmith was a really nice pickup in the Brogdon trade, plus their first rounder, IJax and Smith are really good pieces as stretch 4s, Duarte still has a lot of upside as a bench scorer IMO.

We've got three first round picks next year (and may end up with more, still interested to see what we do with Hield and/or Turner), so we should be able to add more quality young pieces. 

17 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

Yeah this team is a lot of fun and will be for a long time. Obviously Halliburton and Mathurin are the two stars/future stars, but the roleplayers we will control for a long time are all really promising. Nembhard was a great second round pick, Nesmith was a really nice pickup in the Brogdon trade, plus their first rounder, IJax and Smith are really good pieces as stretch 4s, Duarte still has a lot of upside as a bench scorer IMO.

We've got three first round picks next year (and may end up with more, still interested to see what we do with Hield and/or Turner), so we should be able to add more quality young pieces. 

A kind of interesting thing on the Pacers that I was thinking about is that they've been part of two recent trades that seem to really be win-win deals. 

The Kings are doing really well with Sabonis, and of course the Pacers are ecstatic with Haliburton. 

Also, the Celtics love Brogdon and we needed to add legit, quality veterans, and Nesmith seems to be a good piece for Indy where there is room for him to grow, along with the other assets you got in that deal. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

Do they deal Hield and/or Turner now that the season looks promising?

33 minutes ago, rico said:

Do they deal Hield and/or Turner now that the season looks promising?

It's honestly hard to say. Hield still has another year left after this, so it would have to be for a 1st Round Pick and possibly more, especially with the way he is playing.

Turner I think it depends on if they want to/feel like they can bring him back. We do already have three 1st's next year, so it's not like we necessarily need more draft picks if we like our group and want to keep Turner as a veteran presence with this young core.

Pacers are in a good spot - I don't necessarily think either option is a bad option given that we are probably going to be too good for Wemby regardless. 

• Thanks 1