NBA Thread

47 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Maybe Hailiburton should be the MVP because without him we have lost 4 in a row and tonight is down 17-1 early at OKC.

Without Haliburton this year 1-5 

With Haliburton 22-17

He is a stud for sure. Him and Mathurin are core building blocks. I think we are just that all star wing away from having a great nucleus. Would love to luck into one in this draft.

We definitely won that trade…Sabonis is a great player but dang it is hard to build a team around a PF. A willing passing point guard that can shoot…yes please.

Edited by dgambill
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, MoyeCowbell said:

This Luka Doncic fella is pretty good. 

The only issue with Luka is I feel like people just stand around watching him do it all. They definitely need another guy that can go get his own shot and maybe create so he doesn’t wear out….but surround him with shooters and you are looking pretty good.

9 minutes ago, dgambill said:

He is a stud for sure. Him and Mathurin are core building blocks. I think we are just that all star wing away from having a great nucleus. Would love to luck into one in this draft.

We definitely won that trade…Sabonis is a great player but dang it is hard to build a team around a PF. A willing passing point guard that can shoot…yes please.

Love to get the kid from Alabama but can't think of his name. He will probably be a top 5 pick but we need a 6'9 wing who can shoot.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, dgambill said:

The only issue with Luka is I feel like people just stand around watching him do it all. They definitely need another guy that can go get his own shot and maybe create so he doesn’t wear out….but surround him with shooters and you are looking pretty good.

They definitely could use another legit piece. Luka is basically surrounded by 3rd (at best) and 4th options.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, dgambill said:

I almost think they need to go the Sixers/AI route where you just surround him with scrappy defenders that didn't need the ball but can hit open shots (Eric Snow, Aaron McKie, Tyrone Hill, etc.), then you hope a similar profile All-Star becomes available to put you over the top (Mutombo). 

I know Luka averages a lot of assists, but he's so ball dominant that I can't see another legit star scorer being happy alongside him. 

Guys like Marcus Smart, Draymond, etc., etc, would be great around him. 

• Like 2

On 1/18/2023 at 10:08 PM, BGleas said:

I almost think they need to go the Sixers/AI route where you just surround him with scrappy defenders that didn't need the ball but can hit open shots (Eric Snow, Aaron McKie, Tyrone Hill, etc.), then you hope a similar profile All-Star becomes available to put you over the top (Mutombo). 

I know Luka averages a lot of assists, but he's so ball dominant that I can't see another legit star scorer being happy alongside him. 

Guys like Marcus Smart, Draymond, etc., etc, would be great around him. 

Absolutely. You just maybe need that 6th man spark plug that can generate offense when he sits or at least to sit him. The Jordan Clarkson type I guess. Probably right he will never play off the ball much but would be nice to see him come down and step off the ball every once in awhile and see someone else generate some offense.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dgambill said:

Wtf? What was that all about? Not sure I’d want to mess with Adams.

Agree on Adams. With that said,  pretty sick of Dillon Brooks and Ja Morant's Dad. 

Brooks is a nice player, but the way he runs his mouth you'd think he was a multi-time All-Star. 

Ja's Dad is constantly jumping in front of the camera. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Agree on Adams. With that said,  pretty sick of Dillon Brooks and Ja Morant's Dad. 

Brooks is a nice player, but the way he runs his mouth you'd think he was a multi-time All-Star. 

Ja's Dad is constantly jumping in front of the camera. 

Yeah very media happy…but what started all that?

1 minute ago, BGleas said:

You know what though, as much as Sharpe shouldn't want to fight Adams, Sharpe would absolutely destroy Ja's Dad. 

Have no clue who Ja’s dad is lol…seen him on tv a couple times during the postseason….I don’t have much faith in any of these athletes in throwing a punch….seen too many NFL and NBA fights to know not many belong in a fight or ring. 

22 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Have no clue who Ja’s dad is lol…seen him on tv a couple times during the postseason….I don’t have much faith in any of these athletes in throwing a punch….seen too many NFL and NBA fights to know not many belong in a fight or ring. 

Watch any Grizzlies game, his Dad is in courtside seats and getting as much camera time as possible. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, KoB2011 said:

Wish the Pacers would’ve taken him instead of TJ Leaf. 

If I had a nickel for every time I've wished that...

I wished it in real time.  I'm guessing they were concerned about his injury, but a lot of IU fans I was around at the time felt the same way...his upside potential was much greater than TJ Leaf.

• Like 1