NBA Thread

3 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Feel bad for Mikal Bridges who was part of that trade. Hometown kid who I believe never missed a start, playing really well....and not gets shipped to Brooklyn because the owner wants the shiny lockerroom cancer that is KD. 

I am far from KD's biggest fan, but how is he a locker room cancer? 

Thomas Bryant dealt to the Nuggets.

He played very well for the Lakers and I think this move will actually help him long-term. He outplayed his league minimum contract and he's positioning himself to sign a better/longer deal this off-season. Certainly playing behind Jokic will affect his playing time, but they will likely play deeper into the post-season, which means he'll get called on more than if he stayed in LA.

Rooting for him, as he plays very hard and seems to be a great teammate.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, IU Scott said:

Don't understand the Pacers trade. Part of a 3 way trade 

Bucks gets Crowder 

Nets gets 5 2nd round picks 

Pacers gets George Hill, Seth Ibaka, Jordan Norwora and 3 2nd round picks.

As of now Pacers didn't have to give up anything.

Pacers waived Goga and Terry Taylor

Pacers wanted the picks and Nwora as he is young and could potentially help to fill a need. They took the other 2 because they are on expiring contracts that will open up more cap space this summer. The Bucks really wanted Crowder.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

Pacers wanted the picks and Nwora as he is young and could potentially help to fill a need. They took the other 2 because they are on expiring contracts that will open up more cap space this summer. The Bucks really wanted Crowder.

Yeah we basically got something for being able to help facilitate the Crowder trade. 

5 hours ago, IU Scott said:

It was what it sounded le but not sure. It was from Zach Low from RSPN

He heard….that’s pretty light in the pants with facts. I suspect it was more like 3 2nd rd picks and a first next year or something. Toronto would have been nuts to turn down our pick this year…it’s likely to be a 5th or 6th pick.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, dgambill said:

He heard….that’s pretty light in the pants with facts. I suspect it was more like 3 2nd rd picks and a first next year or something. Toronto would have been nuts to turn down our pick this year…it’s likely to be a 5th or 6th pick.

Also said Memphis offered 3 first round picks

On 2/9/2023 at 9:07 AM, Seeking6 said:

Feel bad for Mikal Bridges who was part of that trade. Hometown kid who I believe never missed a start, playing really well....and not gets shipped to Brooklyn because the owner wants the shiny lockerroom cancer that is KD. 

He will get the chance to blossom into an all star in Brooklyn. He was like the 4th option on that team. Now he is the go to guy. He will be just fine.