NBA Thread

8 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

Am I the only one who kinda thought Draymond and the Warriors got the short end of that call last night? 

Probably could've sent them both to the lockers.  It was a clear 2 hand grab followed by an equally clear stomp.  The presser and xray is just pr damage control and ref baiting for the rest of the series.  

10 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

Probably could've sent them both to the lockers.  It was a clear 2 hand grab followed by an equally clear stomp.  The presser and xray is just pr damage control and ref baiting for the rest of the series.  

9 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

I will add.  A grab by itself doesn't constitute an ejection so I'm probably OK with the calls.  A stomp is an ejection regardless of context.  

That's probably fair, but I think I am of the opinion they both should have gotten the same punishment but I get what you're saying. 

• Like 1

On 4/17/2023 at 9:22 AM, KoB2011 said:

Mavs would hopefully get laughed out of the room for wanting 3 picks and Turner with a great contract for pick 10. 

LOL  I wasn't the one adding Turner in the deal. My goal was to have them laughed at for giving away the 10 pick with all that potential for the 3 picks. 

I see a couple polished guys like TJD and JJJ from UCLA maybe on the board and a few younger PF/C types like Greg Jackson, Dillon mitchell, James Nnaji.

3 hours ago, ATX_sig said:

LOL  I wasn't the one adding Turner in the deal. My goal was to have them laughed at for giving away the 10 pick with all that potential for the 3 picks. 

I see a couple polished guys like TJD and JJJ from UCLA maybe on the board and a few younger PF/C types like Greg Jackson, Dillon mitchell, James Nnaji.

Yeah I didn’t word my reply well. Myles plus a pick swap to get 10 or three picks for one I would be fine with. More of a combo not a both.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, KoB2011 said:

Am I the only one who kinda thought Draymond and the Warriors got the short end of that call last night? 

I do feel they got the short end of it in a vacuum but can't help feeling that this has been a consistent theme for for Draymond and the Warriors. Draymond is constantly testing the refs and putting them into positions for him to cost his team games. Additionally, opponents now understand how to get into his head after 10 years of his blow ups.

Edited by SawatchHoosier

9 hours ago, SawatchHoosier said:

I do feel they got the short end of it in a vacuum but can't help feeling that this has been a consistent theme for for Draymond and the Warriors. Draymond is constantly testing the refs and putting them into positions for him to cost his team games. Additionally, opponents now understand how to get into his head after 10 years of his blow ups.

That is certainly a fair take - I was trying to look at it in a vacuum and not let my anti-Draymond bias color how I was seeing it. But the reality is we don't live in a vacuum and you're right, this has been a theme with Draymond pushing the envelope for most/all of his NBA career. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, KoB2011 said:

That is certainly a fair take - I was trying to look at it in a vacuum and not let my anti-Draymond bias color how I was seeing it. But the reality is we don't live in a vacuum and you're right, this has been a theme with Draymond pushing the envelope for most/all of his NBA career. 

I think Draymond got the suspension more for how he acted following the play, along with his history, more than for the actual kick. 

His insane behavior yelling and screaming profanities at the crowd, with Adam Silver in attendance, I think was the biggest reason. It's also not the first time he's done that part either. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, BGleas said:

I think Draymond got the suspension more for how he acted following the play, along with his history, more than for the actual kick. 

His insane behavior yelling and screaming profanities at the crowd, with Adam Silver in attendance, I think was the biggest reason. It's also not the first time he's done that part either. 

I would agree with that, my original post on it was before the suspension.

I do have pretty mixed feelings on the suspension despite all those things that went into it - I'm just not sure those things should go into a playoff suspension despite how much I dislike Draymond. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KoB2011 said:

I'm just not sure those things should go into a playoff suspension despite how much I dislike Draymond. 

As fan I want to watch each team play with their best players. I guess that's what really pisses me off about Draymond. In 2016 NBA finals, Draymond in the prime of his career, didn't play in game 5, not because of injury but because that assclown hit Lebron James in the dick putting himself over the limit for post season flagrant foul points. Then on top of that you have a bunch of Warriors fans now arguing that the big 3 of Draymond, Klay and Steph have never lost a playoff series when all 3 have played the entire series. 

Basically, Draymond said his own BS is more important than the fans being able to watch the highest quality basketball possible. He's the definition of that co-worker and or boss who constantly blames failure on everyone except for himself.

• Like 1

On 4/18/2023 at 9:31 PM, SawatchHoosier said:

Does anyone see the irony of Joe Dumars calling out penalties on dirty plays? Also he used to run the Pistons who have tanked back to back years but he calls out Dallas for tanking 1 game….things that make you go hmm

Edited by dgambill
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Does anyone see the irony of Joe Dumars calling out penalties on dirty plays? Also he used to run the Pistons who have tanked back to back years but he calls out Dallas for tanking 1 game….thanks that make you go hmm

100% ironic but maybe the NBA hired Joe Dumars for his expertise in this type of activity?

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, SawatchHoosier said:

Do you any of you all miss when the first round was a 5 game series instead of a 7? They changed it in 2003 and my younger self thinks the 5 game series was more fun to watch.

Made for a lot more upsets for sure…also the intensity for each game was ratcheted up. Today it’s like the series doesn’t start until like game 3…it definitely helped the road team if they stole a game. Of course more games mean more $$ and I’m not totally convinced the nba doesn’t lean heavily on the refs to try to stretch a series out.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Made for a lot more upsets for sure…also the intensity for each game was ratcheted up. Today it’s like the series doesn’t start until like game 3…it definitely helped the road team if they stole a game. Of course more games mean more $$ and I’m not totally convinced the nba doesn’t lean heavily on the refs to try to stretch a series out.

If I am not mistaken the first two rounds use to be best of 5

• Like 1