NBA Thread

7 minutes ago, bronkonagurski said:

@BGleas Now the C's face the biggest challenge yet, getting past Cody Zeller and the Heat! 😉

Honestly, despite their regular season record the Heat were probably the team I was hoping to avoid the most in these playoffs. Yes, even more than Milwaukee. 

Has definitely been fun to see Zeller back in the league and also actually playing on a real team for the first time in his career. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Ja Morant seemed to learn his lesson. Was on IG Live yesterday flashing his gun. Last time it was 8 games. Maybe try 40 this time and see if half a season sends a message?

If I'm the Grizzlies, I'm listening to offers of 75 cents on the dollar right now.  We might only be 1 episode away from him being worth 25 cents or less.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

If I'm the Grizzlies, I'm listening to offers of 75 cents on the dollar right now.  We might only be 1 episode away from him being worth 25 cents or less.

If I were negotiating we start at 25 cents on the dollar tops. The entire contract would be based on personal life. 

There will be an organization that has veteran leadership to corral the kid. Might be a strong owner...strong GM,etc...but for his sake he's only 23. Hope he gets his circle figured out. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NotIThatLives said:

I'm a little surprised at these spreads.  Denver -6, Boston -8.  Really on both?  I wouldn't go over 3 on either.  

Agree. I'm pretty surprised at the analysts that think both Boston and Denver are going to win fairly easily. 

I dont see it. Miami is scary, and you can never count out LeBron. 

I also think Jokic will have 3 fouls in the first half of several of these games. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Agree. I'm pretty surprised at the analysts that think both Boston and Denver are going to win fairly easily. 

I dont see it. Miami is scary, and you can never count out LeBron. 

I also think Jokic will have 3 fouls in the first half of several of these games. 

Yeah, and if anyone on the planet has the ability to slow down Jokic it is probably AD.

I do question a little about which AD we are going to see - when he really has to lock in on defense he usually doesn't play as well on offense, but to your point, going hard at Joker and getting him in foul trouble could be a difference maker. 

On 5/14/2023 at 8:08 PM, BGleas said:

Honestly, despite their regular season record the Heat were probably the team I was hoping to avoid the most in these playoffs. Yes, even more than Milwaukee. 

Has definitely been fun to see Zeller back in the league and also actually playing on a real team for the first time in his career. 

Heat without Herro?? Yeah they shouldn’t be a problem. I doubt they break 100 the whole series against your defense.

2 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

My prediction for the Lottery tonight is the Pacers will move up to the 4th spot. I predict that San Antonio will get the #1 pick

I feel like you shouldn’t be able to pick in the top 5 in consecutive seasons. Until they change some things teams will continue to pile up top 5 picks until they can fill out a starting 5 and then finally try. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, IU Scott said:

My prediction for the Lottery tonight is the Pacers will move up to the 4th spot. I predict that San Antonio will get the #1 pick

I was half right because the Sours got the top pick. Pacers stayed at 7th, at least they didn't move down any