NBA Thread

7 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Won't pretend to know the NBA game but when I see a game or series like this? One team and organization is getting embarrassed and the other is just doing their thing. It's either coaching/players/approach.....no in between to get raced out of the gym like this at your own place and on the road.

Pretty happy for Jimmy Butler though. Years ago he was the only guy I liked on Bulls.....just needed a new plan and team. Maybe some maturity for him too.

Denver vs Miami...actually not a bad series.

Can Bam slow up Jokic?  I have no idea how they’ve matched up in the past.  

The Heat with all their overlooked recruits when they came out of high school.  Robinson D2.  Vincent.  Kaleb.  Strus. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Won't pretend to know the NBA game but when I see a game or series like this? One team and organization is getting embarrassed and the other is just doing their thing. It's either coaching/players/approach.....no in between to get raced out of the gym like this at your own place and on the road.

Pretty happy for Jimmy Butler though. Years ago he was the only guy I liked on Bulls.....just needed a new plan and team. Maybe some maturity for him too.

Denver vs Miami...actually not a bad series.

What will happen to the NBA when all the dogs, I don’t want to be your friend I just want to grind you into the dust are gone. The Curry’s, Lebrons, Butlers, Kawhis. I’m sure some will come along…but a lot of AAU mentality in the league…it’s ok to lose as long as I get my points and make my money. 

I’ve not been a big fan of Butler but I have respected him. Thing is when he stepped out of line in Miami they had an organization around him to put him back in his place. President, coach, even guys like Haslem.

Speaking of Butler…anyone ever thought he looks just like Jamie Fox on steroids lol.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

The Heat with all their overlooked recruits when they came out of high school.  Robinson D2.  Vincent.  Kaleb.  Strus. 

Pat Riley. Total Don of the organization. Spolestra started as video coordinator in 95 and here he is. Speaking of Riley. He's either either played, coached or been GM of team in Finals (assuming Heat close it out) in 25% of his career. Not bad.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, BobSaccamanno said:

It’s hard to say…obviously this Miami team is nothing like the regular season Heat. Playing connected, brimming with confidence, really on a mission. Denver has the mismatches, more talent but well…that doesn’t mean they will win as we are seeing now. 

D461354A-2958-4D6E-B242-31A13D688914.thumb.png.0a30ed223342dbd105316b2765af39f5.png8AB0A274-23E6-4587-A5D6-BB8D4357FA21.thumb.png.bdae6df5d8a29d1ec76670d9b2e43ec0.png

• Thanks 1

Clear path, piece of cake :coffee:

Game 4: Not getting swept, and at some point water has to find its level. Martin, Robinson and Vincent have shot way above their season performance and the Celtics have been below. Let's get 1!

Game 5: Not losing 3 games at home

Game 6: All the pressure on Miami!

Game 7: Game 7 in the Garden, nothing better! 

Why not us 🤣

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

10 minutes ago, btownqb said:

I believe that, as well. 

It's definitely an interesting "what if". I don't know if he actually ultimately saves himself or not, he hasn't done well since he left IU, but does that mean we avoid Archie? Who's our coach now then?

I do think if Crean would have coached at IU in the NIL climate he would have absolutely cleaned up. Dude would have had great rosters with NIL IMO. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, BGleas said:

Clear path, piece of cake :coffee:

Game 4: Not getting swept, and at some point water has to find its level. Martin, Robinson and Vincent have shot way above their season performance and the Celtics have been below. Let's get 1!

Game 5: Not losing 3 games at home

Game 6: All the pressure on Miami!

Game 7: Game 7 in the Garden, nothing better! 

Why not us 🤣

Wanna make a "small" wager?

1 minute ago, dgambill said:

Long way to go in this game but Boston is still doing all the same dumb things that has lost them 3 straight games. Are they not trying to make an adjustment at all?

Agree. It's also insane how Caleb Martin and Gabe Vincent are shooting in this series. Neither is a particularly good shooter, yet both have looked like Steph Curry all series, even on the contested ones. 

• Like 1