NBA Thread

3 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Agree. It's also insane how Caleb Martin and Gabe Vincent are shooting in this series. Neither is a particularly good shooter, yet both have looked like Steph Curry all series, even on the contested ones. 

Yep both shooting 5% better in this postseason then the regular. Caleb is an ok shooter but he certainly has caught fire. That said there is a huge difference on Miami’s catch and shoot 3s and shots off the dribble. Boston just has to stop the penetration…they can’t stop a straight line drive to save their life. They were much better last post season.

2 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Was Malcom Brodgon this selfish offensively when he was with the Pacers? I think he might be part of the chemistry issues, if that's real. 

I don’t know if he is the chemistry issue but he certainly was a huge issue…he wanted to play point guard and our offense sucked because of it. 

2 minutes ago, dgambill said:

I don’t know if he is the chemistry issue but he certainly was a huge issue…he wanted to play point guard and our offense sucked because of it. 

From what I've seen from him this year, passing is something he'll do as a last resort. Odd because he gets that "high bball IQ label"  

2 minutes ago, BGleas said:

From what I've seen from him this year, passing is something he'll do as a last resort. Odd because he gets that "high bball IQ label"  

He was a high usage guy on a bad team…he liked the ball in his hands. He is a good shooter but he looks all out of sorts in this series…but then again other than Williams bros who hasn’t for the Celtics. I thought he would be a good fit for you guys and honestly all year he kinda has…but this series…yikes he is killing you because his offense is no where near compensating for his lack of defense.

2 minutes ago, dgambill said:

He was a high usage guy on a bad team…he liked the ball in his hands. He is a good shooter but he looks all out of sorts in this series…but then again other than Williams bros who hasn’t for the Celtics. I thought he would be a good fit for you guys and honestly all year he kinda has…but this series…yikes he is killing you because his offense is no where near compensating for his lack of defense.

He was terrible defensively in the Philly series too. 

• Like 1

Just now, BGleas said:

At some point if you're the Celtics don't you have to hard foul a Heat player instead of just giving up the layup?

And what would be the point of that? Give them some more free points and get ejected? You know how soft the game is now…no doubt they would eject a guy for that. They are playing hard…getting extra rebounds…they are right in it…why waste your shot to win the game? Game 3??? Getting boat raced…sure I suppose…but this is it. What does a cheap shot do for you?

1 minute ago, dgambill said:

And what would be the point of that? Give them some more free points and get ejected? You know how soft the game is now…no doubt they would eject a guy for that. They are playing hard…getting extra rebounds…they are right in it…why waste your shot to win the game? Game 3??? Getting boat raced…sure I suppose…but this is it. What does a cheap shot do for you?

I didn't say cheap shot them. I mean contest these wide open layups. Go up for the block and challenge them, while also make them think twice about it. 

Right now Miami is waltzing in care free on some of these breaks and the Celtics are quitting on even contesting. 

Go challenge, but also foul hard yet clean. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BGleas said:

I didn't say cheap shot them. I mean contest these wide open layups. Go up for the block and challenge them, while also make them think twice about it. 

Right now Miami is waltzing in care free on some of these breaks and the Celtics are quitting on even contesting. 

Go challenge, but also foul hard yet clean. 

Gotcha..basically like Lowry did. Don’t give them free points. They’ve really trailed on those breaks pretty far…it would be a foul from behind so I’m not sure how that would play in the current NBA. All I know if everyone on the Celtics played with Grant Williams attitude…it wouldn’t be 0-3 right now. Critical point here coming out in the 3rd…if Heat get to double digits do the Celtics pack it in or not….hopeful it stays close and we get a good finish like last nights game.

Just now, dgambill said:

Gotcha..basically like Lowry did. Don’t give them free points. They’ve really trailed on those breaks pretty far…it would be a foul from behind so I’m not sure how that would play in the current NBA. All I know if everyone on the Celtics played with Grant Williams attitude…it wouldn’t be 0-3 right now. Critical point here coming out in the 3rd…if Heat get to double digits do the Celtics pack it in or not….hopeful it stays close and we get a good finish like last nights game.

Yes like Lowry did. There has been several plays where the Celtics were closer than Lowry on that play. 

I think this is over. While the Celtics have played better tonight, a desperate team fighting for their lives isn't down 6 at half.