NBA Thread

This is more like the Celtics…I think it was good they came out hot though…I wonder if they got down double digits if they would pack it in…I think they would have…but when they are seeing success they feed on it. Butler and Bam hace been terrible. Miami may regret losing this great game from the supporting cast.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Was Malcom Brodgon this selfish offensively when he was with the Pacers? I think he might be part of the chemistry issues, if that's real. 

I thought he became pretty selfish playing on bad teams, but it was pretty clear he had no interest being here and playing off the ball. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

I thought he became pretty selfish playing on bad teams, but it was pretty clear he had no interest being here and playing off the ball. 

He was 6th man of the year this year correct? I do think he can be pretty ball dominant at least he was at Indy but up until this series he hasn’t been terrible. I think the hardest thing in the NBA is being a bench player in the plays offs. Your role changes drastically because of these shorter rotations etc. he is totally out of sorts.

1 minute ago, BGleas said:

Defense and fast offense were the difference that quarter. We forced turnovers and pushed the pace. 

In the halfcourt, we made quick decisions. Not quick shots, but moved the ball quickly to get open looks. 

Celtics at their best when the ball is moving and the ball isn’t sticking. Much much better.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FKIM01 said:

That would be false.  Boston definitely won the battle behind the arc though.

Yeah this entire series has really come down to 3pt shooting. Up until the 2nd half yesterday, Caleb Martin, Max Strus, Gabe Vincent and Duncan Robinson have shot way above norm. 

While Tatum, Brown, Horford, Brogdon and Smart have all shot way below their norm. 

While defense certainly plays a part, it's the accuracy on the open 3's thst has been the difference. 

The NBA has to be breathing a huge sigh of relief after last night. Both conference finals being sweeps and not having any games for a whole week would have been a PR nightmare. Now the possibility of an historic comeback gives them something to work with. Expect Boston to get a very friendly whistle in Game 5 and possibly Game 6 as well. 

9 hours ago, BGleas said:

Spoelstra tried to say postgame that the Celtics won the free throw battle. Miami literally took 10 more free throws. 

Yeah I don’t know what he was saying. Must have gotten mixed up with what he was saying. For the series the numbers are basically identical as far as attempts go. Boston a big advantage at home and same for Miami. It’s definitely been about the 3pt shooting and turnovers.

Edited by dgambill

58 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

No clue if it benefits them or not. Sometimes when things are rolling you just want to keep playing but Denver with at least a week off can't hurt. 

Probably depends on how the ECF's play out. 

If Miami wins in 6, then I believe they would have 5 days of rest, so should be fine. 

Miami winning in 7 is probably ideal for Denver. Heat would have to fly back to Miami Monday night into Tuesday morning, then probably turnaround and fly to Denver Wednesday and then Game 1 is in the altitude of Denver on Thursday. That's a tough schedule. 

If Boston pulls off the impossible, they would have 3 days of rest before Game 1, but the key would be that both Game 7 of the ECF's and Game 1 of the Finals would be in Boston, so they wouldn't have to waste rest time traveling. 

• Like 1