NBA Thread

19 hours ago, dgambill said:

I just know my couple times visiting San Antonio was incredibly boring. Dallas and Houston not so much but that organization seems so vanilla. Successful but vanilla. Like you said though….might not matter to a kid from France as the Euros seem to not care as much about the markets they are in.

Growth in both Austin and San Antonio are slowly bleeding into each other.  They are an hour away.  Eventually, it will turn into a megalopolis. Agree with San Antonio for most part, but he wouldn't need to spend his time anywhere else and I feel most players don't spend their off seasons in the places they play, unless it's Miami, LA, or New York. 

Edited by IUALUM03
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Seeking6 said:

My Dad was a Celtics fan so naturally I grew up a Lakers fan. Pat Riley man. He and Spolestra showing they know hoops and know how to construct a team. Rebounding wins. This wasn't a Celtics loss this was a Heat win.

A little bit of a Celtics loss. No clue why Mazzulla stuck with Horford and Smart over White and Williams. 

Horfors, Smart and Jaylen Brown were absolutely atrocious tonight on both ends. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BGleas said:

A little bit of a Celtics loss. No clue why Mazzulla stuck with Horford and Smart over White and Williams. 

2-0 in the their own gym.....time will tell. Heat guys are feeding off the Jimmy mentality. We'll see which team wins  4 of 5. Lakers or Celtics. Otherwise it's Heat vs Nuggets.

10 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

My Dad was a Celtics fan so naturally I grew up a Lakers fan. Pat Riley man. He and Spolestra showing they know hoops and know how to construct a team. Rebounding wins. This wasn't a Celtics loss this was a Heat win.

No question about Riley and Spo.  Incredible.

On the postgame, Kenny pointing out he won a series after going down 0-2 at home.  It can happen. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Let me ask you this BGleas.  Do you keep moving forward with both Tatum/Brown or do you maybe move Brown for another piece(s) and switch things up?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rico said:

Denver vs. Miami appeals to me.

I don't have a problem with it.  I have really come to like Denver coach Malone.  Murray is a killer.  Jokic is just wild good.  But LA will probably tie this up at home.  They dang near shoulda coulda won both those road games.   

Celtics.  I can't figure them out but credit to Heat.  They are a team.  

• Like 1

I'm back! Win Game 3 in Miami and Game 5 in Boston. 

Then the Celtics have proven they can win a road Game 6 (Milwaukee last year and Philly this year). 

Then anything can happen at home in Game 7!

We got this. Right? Yeah, we're good!

Edit: Probably going to need a little help from Adam Silver too :coffee: 🤣

18 minutes ago, BGleas said:

I'm back! Win Game 3 in Miami and Game 5 in Boston. 

Then the Celtics have proven they can win a road Game 6 (Milwaukee last year and Philly this year). 

Then anything can happen at home in Game 7!

We got this. Right? Yeah, we're good!

giphy.gif

19 minutes ago, rico said:

Out of curiosity, how many teams down 0-2 have come back to win the conference finals?

Not sure. I think Toronto did it to Milwaukee the year they won the title. Milwaukee did it to Phoenix in the Finals the year they won the title. 

Both were going down 0-2 on the road though. 

I'm not saying I'd put money on it or anything, just saying there is a path and the Celtics can do it. 

Celtics are the more talented team. Miami is the better coached team. To this point, Miami is the tougher team. 

The Celtics are on life support, but their not dead yet. Obviously, Game 3 is absolutely must win. They're not coming back from 0-3. 

• Like 2

Hard to believe the Heats supporting cast has so thoroughly out played the Celtics. I do wonder can Jimmy hold up playing 42–43 minutes a game…he has had a bum ankle in the past. 

I feel like Celtics figured something out with that high pick n roll in the center of the court with Tatum and Williams…they just need to finish games. With the exception of the Tatum game 6 against the 76ers they just haven’t closed games out well.

Edited by dgambill

Lakers will get home cooking to get back in the series. Continue to put Murray and Jokic in pick n roll on defense against Lebron and AD and company. They really found something in Hachimura. Finally looks like the prospect he was suppose to be coming into the league.

11 hours ago, NotIThatLives said:

I don't have a problem with it.  I have really come to like Denver coach Malone.  Murray is a killer.  Jokic is just wild good.  But LA will probably tie this up at home.  They dang near shoulda coulda won both those road games.   

Celtics.  I can't figure them out but credit to Heat.  They are a team.  

Agree with you. Butler/Heat are on a mission. IMO, not even Tatum can match Butler’s determination/skill now