NBA Thread

14 hours ago, KoB2011 said:

Do fans typically make a point of calling out their own guys?

As long as you acknowledge stuff they do I think it’s fine. I mean, Lowry isn’t even playing the Celtics right now. I don’t really know why they’d get brought up in response to him. 

I'm a Mavs fan and hate Luka's incessant whining and distractions with his side game with the refs.   Still really glad he is  Mav though and expect he matures and grows out of that. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ATX_sig said:

I'm a Mavs fan and hate Luka's incessant whining and distractions with his side game with the refs.   Still really glad he is  Mav though and expect he matures and grows out of that. 

If you ever visited the Pacers board 90% of the board just runs down our own players. Maybe it’s an Indiana thing we just are so hard on our own.

16 hours ago, dgambill said:

If you ever visited the Pacers board 90% of the board just runs down our own players. Maybe it’s an Indiana thing we just are so hard on our own.

I visit Pacer Digest forum.  Mavs forums don't have time to  trash the players since cuban lost his security blankets in RC and Donnie.  Cuban, Kidd and the front office are getting all the attention in the trash dept.   I think it is a bit unfair to Nico. 

• Like 1

Ugh, geez, Jayson Tatum is an absolute mess offensively right now. He's 0-for-10 in the first half tonight and hasn't hit a 1st quarter shot since Game 3. 

C's up 7, but would he up 15-20 if Tatum could make anything. In Tatum's small defense he's played excellent defense and has 6 assists. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Ugh, geez, Jayson Tatum is an absolute mess offensively right now. He's 0-for-10 in the first half tonight and hasn't hit a 1st quarter shot since Game 3. 

C's up 7, but would he up 15-20 if Tatum could make anything. In Tatum's small defense he's played excellent defense and has 6 assists. 

If the Celtics lose tonight do you see them making some major changes to the roster. I figure they will fire their coach 

Just now, IU Scott said:

If the Celtics lose tonight do you see them making some major changes to the roster. I figure they will fire their coach 

Not really, assuming by major you mean Tatum or Brown? I don't see either of those guys moving, especially since Brown is now eligible for the super max since making the All-NBA 2nd team. 

They'll make some moves since Horford is retiring. I don't even see them moving on from the coach.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Not really, assuming by major you mean Tatum or Brown? I don't see either of those guys moving, especially since Brown is now eligible for the super max since making the All-NBA 2nd team. 

They'll make some moves since Horford is retiring. I don't even see them moving on from the coach.

Just heard people talking about it on the radio today. They thought they could try to love Brown to avoid the super max contract 

10 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Agreed. They would not get equal value in any deal for either of them. I do wonder if Tatum falters again if Brown himself doesn’t ask for a trade. It’s tough if they lose again that he has been the better player in two eliminations in a row and yet he still is second fiddle when the game is on the line. He might want to be the star on his own team. I still don’t see Boston doing it but Brown is so good eventually you have to think he will want to step out in the spotlight himself…at least that is what players use to want…hard to tell anymore with the joining up AAU stuff.

Edited by dgambill

7 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Malcom Brogdon has also been am absolute train wreck in this series. 

To that end it seems to me that the coach needs to start putting his foot down or something and be like look get the ball to Tatum or Brown. I understand Tatum has not been great this game but the role players and not playing their roles tonight. They are acting like they are stars. 

2 minutes ago, IUskim said:

To that end it seems to me that the coach needs to start putting his foot down or something and be like look get the ball to Tatum or Brown. I understand Tatum has not been great this game but the role players and not playing their roles tonight. They are acting like they are stars. 

Brogdon has been playing like that series. Horrible, forced shots and bonehead turnovers. 

His "high IQ" label hasn't been what I've seen. 

18 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Just a meltdown of epic proportions right now. Celtics have been up between 7-14 basically all game, now its down to 2 and Tatum is 1-for-13. 

This would be completely comfortable if Tatum was even having just a normal Nad shooting night. 

The first time I turned the game on it was 46-30 Celtics.

35 minutes ago, BGleas said:

What a turnaround! Gotta hand it to Jayson Tatum. After a miserable performance, he knocks down 4 three's in last 4 minutes to put this game away! 

As bad as he shot all game, that takes stones. 

Yeah…law of averages or stone cold killer….with Tatum you can never tell. Guy is too good to be so poor at times. Came through when it counted though. Hard to see the Sixers winning a game 7 in the Garden…or whatever it’s called now.

Going to post before Game 7 here. Two thoughts, 1) I think Embiid is on a mission and I'm not sure the Celtics can stop that, 2) the flip side is I can't see the Celtics not only losing this Game 7 at home but also losing 3 games at home in the same series.

• Like 2

So Brown got a tech for yelling at Niang... you have to kick Niang out then right? No way you can give an equal punishment for this situation. 

EDIT: That is just a laughably bad job by the officials. Scott Foster needs to go away. 

Edited by KoB2011

38 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I've had game on in background so I can't comment with specifics but if Suns/Bucks are going to move on from their head coach I'd like to think Doc Rivers might be joining them. Or maybe Doc Rivers can ask his 2 biggest stars why they just decided to quit today.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Sixers moved on from Doc.  I also wouldn't be surprised if they moved on from Harden.

• Like 1