NBA Thread

I hope LeBron drops exactly 40 on Dillon Brooks tomorrow. DB is such an exhausting asshat... easily one of the most polarizing/disliked players in the league.

I can only fantasize what Larry Bird would do to DB if he tried popping off on him, calling him old. Probably ring him up for 40 each half -- one left handed and one right.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MoyeCowbell said:

I hope LeBron drops exactly 40 on Dillon Brooks tomorrow. DB is such an exhausting asshat... easily one of the most polarizing/disliked players in the league.

I can only fantasize what Larry Bird would do to DB if he tried popping off on him, calling him old. Probably ring him up for 40 each half -- one left handed and one right.

Well Larry was basically writing his HOF speech when he was 38 and long retired so I doubt he would put up 40 on DB. In my opinion they both are @sshats and they deserve each other. I want the Lakers to lose but would love for Dillion to split his pants trying to guard Lebron…wish they both could lose.

Just now, bronkonagurski said:

Reminds me of Ruben Patterson many years ago talking about how he was the 'Kobe stopper' and yeah that didn't end well, lol.

Just told the better half what I said and I think I used the adjective word incorrectly. Something about a noun and whatever else...oh well. You guys get the meaning. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, SawatchHoosier said:

Maybe Brooks thought you said “stroke the bear?”

At this point the only thing left for Lebron on the floor is full on man love. He made it to first base with Lance blowing in his ear, now rounding 2nd and into 3rd with groping the jewels…I’m tuning out if he gets the go ahead signal for home plate.

• Haha 1

On 4/18/2023 at 7:10 PM, dgambill said:

Yeah I didn’t word my reply well. Myles plus a pick swap to get 10 or three picks for one I would be fine with. More of a combo not a both.

Mavs would certainly do that also. But they have to send salary back and not sure Pacers want anybody though Bullock and Maxi might work along with pick swap. RC is familiar with Maxi Kleber and Bullock is not a liability salary wise and is only guaranteed 5 mil of 11 if cut on his final year which next year.  Still bullock is a rotation player if Pacer move Hield or a young wing like Duarte.  He can give SF minutes. 

10 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Love this from Giannis...

“There’s no failure in sports. There’s good days, bad days, some days you are able to be successful, some days you are not, some days it is your turn, some days it’s not. That’s what sports is about. You don’t always win.”

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, btownqb said:

“There’s no failure in sports. There’s good days, bad days, some days you are able to be successful, some days you are not, some days it is your turn, some days it’s not. That’s what sports is about. You don’t always win.”

Yup, love that! I'm paraphrasing here, but he added something to the effect of that you go back to work and learn and improve and hopefully we win it next season. It's all part of the process. 

• Like 5