NBA Thread

8 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Man…the ballad of what happened to Romeo…someday kids across Indiana will sing it by heart…it’s a sad tale for sure. Kid should have had a great career.

I dont know that it's sad, I think he was just overrated a bit and I'm not sure how hard he really works (second part there is guessing). 

He's a shooting guard that can't shoot or dribble. He's an above average athlete but probably average to below average in terms of strength. Those attributes don't work great together at the NBA level. 

He hasn't really improved at all either in those areas of weakness. 

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, BGleas said:

I dont know that it's sad, I think he was just overrated a bit and I'm not sure how hard he really works (second part there is guessing). 

He's a shooting guard that can't shoot or dribble. He's an above average athlete but probably average to below average in terms of strength. Those attributes don't work great together at the NBA level. 

He hasn't really improved at all either in those areas of weakness. 

Well coming out of high school he had plenty of talent to be a great player…but yes you are correct on all the things you mentioned. Never improved. Injuries coupled with not working hard enough…maybe not the heart to be great…he certainly had all the attributes you would want…and a knack and ability to score…just think it is sad to have all that and not have the drive to be great. I think it’s a combo of a lot of things in his life…but most likely things came to easy too fast for him and at the nba level…all those advantages he had are gone and it comes down to who works the hardest and an elite desire to be great..seems he is just coasting. I suspect if he wasn’t a lottery pick he would already be out of the nba.

Edited by dgambill
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, dgambill said:

Well coming out of high school he had plenty of talent to be a great player…but yes you are correct on all the things you mentioned. Never improved. Injuries coupled with not working hard enough…maybe not the heart to be great…he certainly had all the attributes you would want…and a knack and ability to score…just think it is sad to have all that and not have the drive to be great. I think it’s a combo of a lot of things in his life…but most likely things came to easy too fast for him and at the nba level…all those advantages he had are gone and it comes down to who works the hardest and an elite desire to be great..seems he is just coasting. I suspect if he wasn’t a lottery pick he would already be out of the nba.

Yeah, I mean look at his own draft class mate in Boston, Grant Williams. He wasn't a shooter in college and shot just 27% from 3 his rookie year, but he's worked his tail off and turned himself into a really good spot-up shooter. He shot over 40% last season. 

Langford barely shoots 40% from the field. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, BGleas said:

Yeah, I mean look at his own draft class mate in Boston, Grant Williams. He wasn't a shooter in college and shot just 27% from 3 his rookie year, but he's worked his tail off and turned himself onto a really good spot-up shooter. He shot over 40% last season. 

Langford barely shoots 40% from the field. 

Yep…and Williams is undersized and slow off foot but he works hard to make up for it. Romeo seems content to rake in a paycheck and play COD.

• Like 1

Pacers down 2 with 26 seconds left and ref called a foul on the Pacers guarding on the perimeter. I think the ref thought the Pacers were trying to foul on purpose because it wasn't a foul. Carlisle was called for a tech after Jokic was calling for a tech to be called. Pacers lost 122-119 with Turner missing a 3 at the buzzer.

59 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

Utah sitting at 10-3.  IMO the shocker of the year so far.  I’m not sure it’s sustainable but quite a story so far.  If that were the Lakers, we’d be force fed that story every day.  

What I don't understand is why they don't trade Davis?  He does not pair well with LeBron.  Sure they won the covid year but that was just weird and LeBron still was top 2 in the league.   

I think it was even Jay Williams that suggested before the season even started to trade LeBron too.  

• Like 1

21 hours ago, NotIThatLives said:

What I don't understand is why they don't trade Davis?  He does not pair well with LeBron.  Sure they won the covid year but that was just weird and LeBron still was top 2 in the league.   

I think it was even Jay Williams that suggested before the season even started to trade LeBron too.  

Do they have a no trade clause? Davis for sure Should be moved.