NBA Thread

On 10/15/2022 at 6:52 PM, BGleas said:

To your point though, this probably means Draymond doesn't get a contract extension on his deal that is up after next season. 

I don’t think the Warriors mind that though, Green has been on the decline the last couple seasons. He won't be worth a big extension at that point. 

Gee, that's great!  Couldn't happen to bigger, loudmouth, ass...who also happens to be toxic, imo.  

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, dwtaylor1055 said:

how long before the lakers ship westbrook and two future firsts for Hield and Turner?  They looked bad on opening night.  Yes, it was against the Warriors but still.

Dan

They'll panic at some point and pay up or else someone else will jump in and pay what the Pacers want for them either together or separate. 

8 hours ago, BGleas said:

Geez, the Warriors are going to be really tough to beat. 

Their 2nd unit is Poole, DiVencenzo, Wiseman, Kuminga and Moody. Poole and DiVencenzo are running the show, Wiseman is blocking shots, rebounding and dunking everything, Moody is a legit spot-up 3pt shooter and Kuminga is a swiss-army knife freak athlete. 

I think it’s possible this is their best team. 

1 hour ago, KoB2011 said:

I think it’s possible this is their best team. 

That's an interesting thought/discussion. I'd say if they stay healthy and Wiseman, Kuminga and Moody all continue to develop, that they're definitely better then the first title team and last years team. 

As far as the Durant teams, the top end talent isn't as good with no Durant, Green/Thompson not what they used to be and I think even Curry is showing some signs of slowing down.

But, they are deeper and none of the title teams have had a guy like Wiseman. That an aspect they've never had. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, KoB2011 said:

It’ll take two months IMO. Then I hope the Pacers buyout Westbrook. 

2 hours ago, DC2345 said:

They'll panic at some point and pay up or else someone else will jump in and pay what the Pacers want for them either together or separate. 

I would think it's fair to assume both Hield and Turner could net at a minimum a future 1st for each and salary filler assuming they remain healthy all year.  If that salary filler is westbrook I'd assume P's would buy him out. 

My current fear is P's are better than what Vegas is putting out there in terms of a win/loss total.  I've seen as low as 24 wins and as high as 28 wins.  I think this current team is decent (not playoff worthy but worthy of more than 24 wins).  

If you plan to keep Turner you MUST extend him and flip Hield.  Need at least one more future 1st rd pick.  

2 minutes ago, dwtaylor1055 said:

I would think it's fair to assume both Hield and Turner could net at a minimum a future 1st for each and salary filler assuming they remain healthy all year.  If that salary filler is westbrook I'd assume P's would buy him out. 

My current fear is P's are better than what Vegas is putting out there in terms of a win/loss total.  I've seen as low as 24 wins and as high as 28 wins.  I think this current team is decent (not playoff worthy but worthy of more than 24 wins).  

If you plan to keep Turner you MUST extend him and flip Hield.  Need at least one more future 1st rd pick.  

They aren't keeping Turner. He will be traded. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

He sprained his ankle and if a trade was close then Held wouldn't be playing 

Heild isn’t injury prone like Myles though….but I doubt a trade is imminent…Lakers had to see last night and think no way we are giving up those picks…nothing can save this team…certainly not a couple of scrubs off a lottery team from last year.

2 hours ago, IU Scott said:

Myler Turner is out for the opener because he got hurt during warmups. If he can't stay healthy the harder it will be to trade him.

I wouldn’t look to far into that. He won’t play this year if he’s even got a hang nail because the team wants to play other guys and keep him from sustaining any serious injuries. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, DC2345 said:

I wouldn’t look to far into that. He won’t play this year if he’s even got a hang nail because the team wants to play other guys and keep him from sustaining any serious injuries. 

he stepped on a ball boys foot during pregrame around the rim.  A freak accident but one I can see occurring.  

So Zion Williamson is #1 in NBA history in points per minute….is that not crazy? Guy is unstoppable…if he can keep his health in check the sky is the limit for New Orleans…I mean they are pretty loaded. I could see them making a move for another veteran shooter late in the season perhaps..scary team with Ingram and Zion with Murphy and CJ.