NBA Thread

2 hours ago, dgambill said:

Don’t forget Allen. That said that is a tiny backcourt and honestly a poor defensive backcourt. Garland and Mitchell….neither play defense…and both like to have the ball in their hands (very ball dominant). They certainly are an all star wing away from really being a contender but at least they are taking a swing at it. Saved the Knicks from being awful for another decade. Imagine a backcourt of Mitchell and Brunson….seen single ply toilet paper hold up better than those two on defense.

Put Lavert in their and he is ball dominate as well

• Like 1

5 hours ago, KoB2011 said:

Wow. Central Division is loaded. 

I don't get it.  Why would Minnesota give up like 5 first rounders for Gobert and now why would Cleveland give up Sexton, their 14th pick guy, Markennan, 3 first, and 2 pick swaps?  Holy crap.  These dudes are nice but didn't put either one over for a ship.  Now they never will.  Baffling.  

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

I don't get it.  Why would Minnesota give up like 5 first rounders for Gobert and now why would Cleveland give up Sexton, their 14th pick guy, Markennan, 3 first, and 2 pick swaps?  Holy crap.  These dudes are nice but didn't put either one over for a ship.  Now they never will.  Baffling.  

Maybe Lebron forces his way back to Cleveland? Him and Loves contract are probably close enough lol!!!

Any administrative assistant to GM that allows a call from Danny Ainge to make it to their GM should be fired instantly. That’s all I have to say. Danny should probably make the HOF as a GM. First ripping off the Nets, then Philly, Wolves, now Cavs. Historic my man. To get that return for two highly overrated players who don’t fit the modern nba…insane.

Edited by dgambill

11 hours ago, dgambill said:

Maybe Lebron forces his way back to Cleveland? Him and Loves contract are probably close enough lol!!!

LeBron is basically on one year contracts right now but the Stars would have to line up for Cleveland to even be able to draft brawny or Cleveland would just make a massive reach and take him with like the 15th pick just to bring them all together.  

• Like 1

11 hours ago, dgambill said:

Any administrative assistant to GM that allows a call from Danny Ainge to make it to their GM should be fired instantly. That’s all I have to say. Danny should probably make the HOF as a GM. First ripping off the Nets, then Philly, Wolves, now Cavs. Historic my man. To get that return for two highly overrated players who don’t fit the modern nba…insane.

Facts facts facts.  I don't get it   He's like Tiger King of GM's.  They do anything he says or wants.  Magical 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, 5fouls said:

What's everyone's best guess on the impact former IU guys have this year?

Who sticks in the Show?

Who hangs out in the G-League?

Starters?  Heavy Rotation guys?  Ride the pine?

Surprises and disappointments?  

Going off the top of my head I'd say...

OG will be consistent OG. A starter for Toronto and put up good numbers. 

Eric Gordon will be a rotation player on his last legs. 

This will probably be Langford's last year on a guaranteed contract. 

Juwan probably in the G-League. 

Seems like Zeller isn't getting signed, so may be done. Maybe a playoff team will sign him in the second half of the season if they have injuries. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Going off the top of my head I'd say...

OG will be consistent OG. A starter for Toronto and put up good numbers. 

Eric Gordon will be a rotation player on his last legs. 

This will probably be Langford's last year on a guaranteed contract. 

Juwan probably in the G-League. 

Seems like Zeller isn't getting signed, so may be done. Maybe a playoff team will sign him in the second half of the season if they have injuries. 

How about Thomas Bryant in LALA Land?  

Does Vic come off bench for remainder of career?

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

How about Thomas Bryant in LALA Land?  

Does Vic come off bench for remainder of career?

Forgot about them. I think Bryant can really help LA. Was disappointed he chose them over Boston. 

Forgot about Oladipo too. He showed some signs in the playoffs for Miami. Could be wrong, but don't think he'll ever be what he was, but could be a really key piece for Miami. 

• Like 1

On 9/15/2022 at 1:17 PM, 5fouls said:

What's everyone's best guess on the impact former IU guys have this year?

Who sticks in the Show?

Who hangs out in the G-League?

Starters?  Heavy Rotation guys?  Ride the pine?

Surprises and disappointments?  

My prediction is they will need these…pick out the splinters from the bench.

F88D54BA-2036-459C-862D-E8943E03CDF4.jpeg

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, FKIM01 said:

That's a pretty big generalization.  OG and Thomas Bryant are not riding the bench.  Neither will Vic.

Vic staying healthy…I don’t see it. OG is legit no doubt. Bryant I don’t see sticking on the floor. He is a great spacer but with all his injuries his defense will be a liability…especially with LA who can’t play defense.

52 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Funny how people are just taking it for granted that James sons will he good enough to play in the NBA

Bronny is currently not but his father is Lebron James so he will be afforded one year swan song with pops. This has been discussed quite a bit here.  Maybe he develops but is currently 6'4" shooting guard and not that great at it.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rico said:

I read about this yesterday, before I saw your post.  I thought, hey, I'll put this on HSN right away for everyone.

Came here and saw you'd done it 3 hours earlier.

Ha.  Hard to bring news first around here.

Thanks for posting, Rico!

• Haha 1