NBA Thread

On 10/7/2022 at 2:48 PM, Billingsley99 said:

Jordan Poole should have known better than to make a GI Jane joke around Draymond

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.tmz.com/2022/10/07/draymond-green-video-punch-jordan-poole-practice-golden-state-warriors/

That’s a veteran leader? That’s how you treat a teammate? Wow! Then you apologize to team but nothing to the guy you just sucker punched? No wonder KD got out. Also the attempted cover up by GS is disgusting. They would have swept it under the rug had the video not come out. Been sick of listening to Draymond all summer…be thrilled if they would just pack his bags and send him to SA to waste away and never be heard from again. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, dgambill said:

That’s a veteran leader? That’s how you treat a teammate? Wow! Then you apologize to team but nothing to the guy you just sucker punched? No wonder KD got out. Also the attempted cover up by GS is disgusting. They would have swept it under the rug had the video not come out. Been sick of listening to Draymond all summer…be thrilled if they would just pack his bags and send him to SA to waste away and never be heard from again. 

I definitely understand the frustration and being sick of Draymond, but he did apologize to both Poole and Poole's family for what it's worth. 

That said, I think he should be suspended for some amount of games that actually matters. I've heard all the former players say fights happen in practice and these things normally stay in house, but I doin't think that was a fight as much as a sucker punch. I definitely don't put this in the same category as punches thrown in a game against an opponent, but something in the 5-10 game range feels right to me. Just my $.02.

Edited by KoB2011
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, KoB2011 said:

I definitely understand the frustration and being sick of Draymond, but he did apologize to both Poole and Poole's family for what it's worth. 

That said, I think he should be suspended for some amount of games that actually matters. I've heard all the former players say fights happen in practice and these things normally stay in house, but I doin't think that was a fight as much as a sucker punch. I definitely don't put this in the same category as punches thrown in a game against an opponent, but something in the 5-10 game range feels right to me. Just my $.02.

It's different but Aaron Donald got nothing suspended for his fight against the Bengals because it was practice. I see the same thing happening here. Let the team handle it. Hopefully GS makes some type of statement with a suspension.  

3 hours ago, Billingsley99 said:

It's different but Aaron Donald got nothing suspended for his fight against the Bengals because it was practice. I see the same thing happening here. Let the team handle it. Hopefully GS makes some type of statement with a suspension.  

GS said that he wouldn’t be suspended before the tape came out…now I think they will have to do something. Could have ended the kids career.

On 10/9/2022 at 12:16 PM, dgambill said:

GS said that he wouldn’t be suspended before the tape came out…now I think they will have to do something. Could have ended the kids career.

I realize fights happen in practice.  But that was not normal.  It was a disgusting act, and crap like that should not be enabled.  I would sit him ten days and if it happens again, a freaking year.  He can't be living his life like that.  Honestly, he probably needs mental help.  

Regarding the tape, it was obviously Warriors property.  This was essentially a whistleblower issue.  Someone on the inside looks to be troubled by it and blew the whistle on Draymond.  

• Like 2

4 hours ago, BobSaccamanno said:

I realize fights happen in practice.  But that was not normal.  It was a disgusting act, and crap like that should not be enabled.  I would sit him ten days and if it happens again, a freaking year.  He can't be living his life like that.  Honestly, he probably needs mental help.  

Regarding the tape, it was obviously Warriors property.  This was essentially a whistleblower issue.  Someone on the inside looks to be troubled by it and blew the whistle on Draymond.  

GS seems to be investigating the leak with more vigor than the act.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, KoB2011 said:

Do we know that? 

https://sfist.com/2022/10/10/warriors-aggressively-investigating-into-who-leaked-the-draymond-green-punch-video-to-tmz/

A lot of word going around with reporters and talk radio suggesting such. Obviously I don’t work for them so can’t say. Since Draymond didn’t get suspended would seem crazy that whomever released it (if it was even a concerned whistleblower and not media already there) would get fired.

So Draymond got a 1 game suspension when he hurt KDs feelings with words a few years ago but he gets nothing for knocking out Jordan Poole? 

Also forgive me if I don’t listen to Draymonds podcasts when he goes on and on about social wrongs and abuse when he goes around bullying and physically harming people. Not saying some of what he says isn’t true but he has certainly lost his platform and credibility with his actions to be a leader and voice. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, IU Scott said:

Pacers game was pretty entertaining tonight especially the 4th quarter. Pacers we're without Haliburton, Neisthsmith and Ties. The 4th quarter was all bench players and those guys played well and beat the Knicks 109-100.

Mathurin 27 points 

Nemhard 15 and 9 assist 

Definitely outplayed starters (no Hali of course) by a mile. The Turner, Hield, Duarte combo is slow as molasses. Would be fine with most or all of that group moving on to make way for the youth movement. If Duarte stays long-term, he needs to become a bench guy eventually. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Saw the Warriors signed Wiggins and Poole to 4 years extensions. Have to wonder how they can pay anything bfor the rest of the roster. With those two plus the big 3 there can't be much left

They're resigning their own guys and the owner doesn't care about the luxury tax. Their payroll is lime over $425M. 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Saw the Warriors signed Wiggins and Poole to 4 years extensions. Have to wonder how they can pay anything bfor the rest of the roster. With those two plus the big 3 there can't be much left

To your point though, this probably means Draymond doesn't get a contract extension on his deal that is up after next season. 

I don’t think the Warriors mind that though, Green has been on the decline the last couple seasons. He won't be worth a big extension at that point. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, IU Scott said:

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/warriors-extending-poole-wiggins-was-no-brainer-but-the-draymond-green-decision-next-summer-wont-be-so-easy/

20 hours ago, jefftheref said:

Doesn't he have two years of eligibility left?

18 hours ago, rico said:

Negative.

2nd year is an opt-in, so he COULD have two years left.  Sounds like he hopes to get a max contract somewhere, so the 2nd year very much depends on Green's market value after the season.

Geez, the Warriors are going to be really tough to beat. 

Their 2nd unit is Poole, DiVencenzo, Wiseman, Kuminga and Moody. Poole and DiVencenzo are running the show, Wiseman is blocking shots, rebounding and dunking everything, Moody is a legit spot-up 3pt shooter and Kuminga is a swiss-army knife freak athlete. 

• Like 3