NBA Thread

3 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

Yeah his team definitely was doing PR before the real reason dropped. Props to the Spurs for acting quickly.

I know they did the right and obvious thing to do, but we’ve unfortunately seen a lot of examples of teams not doing that, especially this quickly. Good for the Spurs. 

Well they have a lot of women working in their organization…after the Mavs issues no way they let it go down that road.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, rico said:

Makes me wonder how many potential law suits are in the works for Primo?  And are/were the Spurs aware of them?

I think clearly they were aware and it’s why they made the move. The question is when did they become aware?

My guess is they just learned of it or else they wouldn’t have chosen to pickup his option a couple of weeks ago. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

What I thought as well 

I have been reading some reporting that Boston is so done with Udoka and liking Mazulla, that they might just let him walk. 

I think that would be a mistake though, might as well get some compensation. 

I also don't trust Woj on any of this. He shares an agent with Udoka and completely slanted the original reporting in favor of Udoka. 

2 hours ago, BGleas said:

I have been reading some reporting that Boston is so done with Udoka and liking Mazulla, that they might just let him walk. 

I also don't trust Woj on any of this. He shares an agent with Udoka and completely slanted the original reporting in favor of Udoka. 

I think I'd ask for like a second or something token to get him out of your hair, but if the Celts want to move on they're getting out of a bad situation for free. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, BGleas said:

Boston would be in a tough spot. Don’t want to help a divisional opponent but also not looking like they are purposely holding him hostage. There are plenty of people that despite the facts don’t think Udoka deserved to be fired/suspended. In the end parting ways probably seems best if not inevitable.

23 hours ago, IU Scott said:

So odd the Pacers schedule having them play two games in a row in Brooklyn. To me it appears the Pacers spent to much time out in the city the lady day because they can't do anything.

It’s new NBA scheduling to limit travel by having them play back to backs in the same city and hopefully prevent the “rest” dnp for players.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dgambill said:

Boston would be in a tough spot. Don’t want to help a divisional opponent but also not looking like they are purposely holding him hostage. There are plenty of people that despite the facts don’t think Udoka deserved to be fired/suspended. In the end parting ways probably seems best if not inevitable.

I think the people that actually know what happened know he deserved the suspension. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Right…but all I’m saying is I don’t think there will be a lot of fan/media outrage to the hiring.

I don't know about outrage, but Udoka is going to have to sit at the podium and answer some tough questions. 

He'll probably get asked them again and again each time he goes to a new city as well. 

But yes, once they start playing games and get into the schedule this will fade away. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, BGleas said:

I don't know about outrage, but Udoka is going to have to sit at the podium and answer some tough questions. 

He'll probably get asked them again and again each time he goes to a new city as well. 

But yes, once they start playing games and get into the schedule this will fade away. 

I doubt he gives anything more than a scripted PR/Lawyer given answer. Agreed it will fade away.

14 minutes ago, dgambill said:

I doubt he gives anything more than a scripted PR/Lawyer given answer. Agreed it will fade away.

Agree, but it will continue to come up. It will linger longer than it needs to if he doesn't answer any questions. 

My guess is they'll do a coordinated 1:1 sit down interview with a reporter the Nets trust and then from there say they've answered the questions and are moving on. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, IU Scott said:

Pacers beat the Heat 101-99 and now are 4-5. They might be to good to totally tank for the 1 overall pick.

They are too good, too soon. As the roster currently stands it'll be competing somewhere in the 7-10 range I'm afraid. Need to either make a move to get better or get rid of Turner and Hield for picks in the next 1-2 months.

On a positive note, Benny and Hali looks like one of the best young duos to build around in the league and our guys around them look to have the making of a very solid supporting cast. If we can do something with these three first rounders we have, we could really put together a young core that can be a force for years to come. 

• Like 1

On 11/3/2022 at 7:02 PM, Lurker said:

Romeo got the start in a 43 point loss to Toronto.  5 points, 3 rebounds and 4 fouls in 19 minutes.  Hopefully he can take advantage of increased pt with Blake Wesley out 6-8 weeks with a torn mcl.

Looks like Romeo is inactive for the 2nd straight game with toe soreness.