Weather events

Reacher

22 hours ago, IUFLA said:

I've always thought Cantore was crazy... One stop sign flying through and he buys it... 

My guess is he's going to be put out to pasture soon.  He's 58 and his macho weatherman shtick is really old, stupid and reckless.  They tell everyone to be safe...turn around, don't drown...and he's standing out in hurricane force winds.  He's a total clown.

On 9/27/2022 at 8:23 PM, 5fouls said:

Be safe Joe.

And, if I'm not mistaken, I believe @dgambilllives on the West Coast of Florida.  So, wish him, and all others in that area, safety.

Got to my in-laws in Bonita…they have power and internet…probably one of the few communities in Lee County. Bad storm that seemed to last forever. Family is safe and no major damage…can’t say the same for everyone else. Prayers going out…lots of people I know and places we’ve frequently visited may not be the same for a long time.

• Like 8

On 9/28/2022 at 6:10 PM, IUFLA said:

I've always thought Cantore was crazy... One stop sign flying through and he buys it... 

our idiot neighbors kept coming out their house to smoke/gaze/video…at one point I saw a squirrel fly by our window….not the flying breed either. Lots of signs and trees down. One stop sign would slice them in two. We were lucky. Lost our lanai screen and some ornamentals but house, family, and everything else safe. Walking out in that yesterday…insane. Steady 80-100mph with gusts well faster…and for 12 hours….it was exhausting.

Edited by dgambill
  • Like 5

9 minutes ago, dgambill said:

our idiot neighbors kept coming out their house to smoke/gaze/video…at one point I saw a squirrel fly by our window….not the flying breed either. Lots of signs and trees down. One stop sign would slice them in two. We were lucky. Lost our lanai screen and some ornamentals but house, family, and everything else safe. Walking out in that yesterday…insane. Steady 80-100mph with gusts well faster…and for 12 hours….it was exhausting.

Vary glad you and yours are safe.

I rode it out in Key west, some 30+ miles away and it was "only" a Cat 3 at that point. Isn't that sustaining, on going, what seems never ending wind just an insane level of power! Even though I have a glimpse now, I can't imagine what you all rode out! Stay safe sir while the clean up begins. 

It'd be a great interview to talk to that squirrel today. Maybe have Jim Cantore do it?  

Edited by Joe_Hoopsier
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Joe_Hoopsier said:

Vary glad you and yours are safe.

I rode it out in Key west, some 30+ miles away and it was "only" a Cat 3 at that point. Isn't that sustaining, on going, what seems never ending wind just an insane level of power! Even though I have a glimpse now, I can't imagine what you all rode out! Stay safe sir while the clean up begins. 

It'd be a great interview to talk to that squirrel today. Maybe have Jim Cantore do it?  

He landed and took off like a bat out of hell lol! Funny…my wife and I both said “was that a squirrel at the same time lol”…flew right out of our tree in our front yard. It was indeed. We live in Estero near FGCU…not even in FT Myers but dang I feel for Sanibel…like totally wiped off the map almost. 3 mile bridge gone. We felt really safe in our house…crazy how well built they are but man it was intense for a long time…the storm surge as expected was awful for work mates that live on Cape Coral and west of 41.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Glad to see you're safe... 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, dgambill said:

He landed and took off like a bat out of hell lol! Funny…my wife and I both said “was that a squirrel at the same time lol”…flew right out of our tree in our front yard. It was indeed. We live in Estero near FGCU…not even in FT Myers but dang I feel for Sanibel…like totally wiped off the map almost. 3 mile bridge gone. We felt really safe in our house…crazy how well built they are but man it was intense for a long time…the storm surge as expected was awful for work mates that live on Cape Coral and west of 41.

Insane videos and photos online - glad you guys are safe. Also glad the squirrel seemed to right itself in that wind!

My grandparents used to live in a retirement community in Estero. I visited them one summer, rode my old Honda Interceptor V750 down there. I think my horn had failed by the end of the two week trip b/c of all the old people driving with reckless abandon. 

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, Lostin76 said:

Insane videos and photos online - glad you guys are safe. Also glad the squirrel seemed to right itself in that wind!

My grandparents used to live in a retirement community in Estero. I visited them one summer, rode my old Honda Interceptor V750 down there. I think my horn had failed by the end of the two week trip b/c of all the old people driving with reckless abandon. 

Sounds about right…we just try to avoid all those crazy old people with the NY license plates lol 😉

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

This certainly doesn't help Florida's homeowners insurance problems.  Wonder how many are without coverage?

Well if you have a mortgage you are required to have insurance. Can’t imagine too many not having insurance. Issue will be how much will mine go up. Last year mine went up 1400 more than year before so we switched…but it was still 500 more than previous year. Combining home values that have sky rocketed and some even doubled or tripled that means you have more to insure…so those combinations can be very hard on fixed income seniors.

Edited by dgambill
  • Like 1

On 10/7/2022 at 6:26 PM, mrflynn03 said:

Dear God don't these people know the internet exists?

I mean just report the news…reality is so much crazier than making something up.

It’s like going to a paint ball park and acting like it’s a real war zone…smh.

Edited by dgambill
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1